Desert Bus

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Juliamon
First Video: I... think it was Who Watches Movies?

Re: Desert Bus

Postby Juliamon » 25 Nov 2011, 02:05

I remember after last year's Desert Bus, people were predicting that it couldn't possibly get much bigger and the total would start leveling off.

I don't think that's happening any time soon. It's absolutely staggering how much was raised this year! I can no longer believe the growth will slow until I see it for myself. Everyone seems dedicated to outdoing themselves every year.

Congrats to everyone who survived this week, both at the Moonbase and online! A lot of people may have been disappointed in it, but I personally had easily as much fun as I did last year despite the fact that I won't get getting anything shipped to me this year. (I have no regrets though, the Big Giant Circles album is fantastic and I look forward to visiting Al Derp to see the DB5 suncatcher)
brb, assaulting children.
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 25 Nov 2011, 02:17

Thanks, Paul, for singing "Hallelujah." Tally and Dale's performance of that song last year was what got me into the music of Leonard Cohen, and your rendition of it this year was equally uplifting.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 25 Nov 2011, 02:48

MinionStarwind wrote:That'll do, Bus.

That'll do.

Work with daddy on this. :P
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Seraphroy
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Seraphroy » 25 Nov 2011, 03:37

Now I'm sad. Desert Bus is over. I missed the end due to having to sleep so I would be alive today keeping the sick alive.

LRR, you guys are amazing. From the drivers, to Tally and Kathleen setting up, to EVERYONE behind the scenes making it run at all, thank you. I figured we'd hit 300k. I never though it would get close to 400. If it was less interactive, I didn't notice, I loved it more than I loved last year's.

Second, chat. Hi chat. We give Desert Bus substance. Who else would make Graham play QWOP, would make Kathleen Carmeldansen for 10 straight minutes? Who else would willingly give THREE HUNDRED SEVENTY THOUSAND dollars to charity? Noone, that is why we're awesome. I expect we'll do better next year as this only grows more, an booray to that, because I intend on being in Victoria for it next year.

Keep on bussing everyone, keep on bussing.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 25 Nov 2011, 04:18

gcninja wrote:Loved the stinger,

I was gonna stay up and watch it through to the end, and was surprised by the extensions, but I awoke in my chair a little while ago with a sore neck and the feed was off. :cry:

(thanks SHBird - I *needed* that closure :) )

I feel odd now, like theres something missing, aside from it being REALLY quiet. like the quiet after a rock show.

That's it, right there - it's been like an awesome concer-NO, a rock festival that 'took it to eleven', and now that it's over, even normality feels...under-stimulating in a way.

And I promise you one day I will be there.. one day
[/quote]

Can't tell you when, but yeah - I'll swing by and give you a lift when we accomplish it, a'ight?
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 25 Nov 2011, 04:19

First year I've had the chance to watch the bulk of the busing and had the money to donate a fair amount. Was soooooo amazing guy, hope everyone recovers fine.
nonjabiru
First Video: A Stich in Time

Postby nonjabiru » 25 Nov 2011, 05:06

Oh bus, I didn't stay up for the stinger. I went to bed after the bus was crashed since I started to crash and couldn't stay up anymore. Somebody did record the stinger so if you missed it for whatever reason here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShBCrrAI9as
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 25 Nov 2011, 05:11

I almost left just before that happened. I'm so glad I stuck around to see it.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Terminus
First Video: Unskippable ("Vanquish")

Postby Terminus » 25 Nov 2011, 05:19

Well, that was my first Desert Bus.

Quite the experience, and congratulations to everybody involved on the huge amount of money donated. Whale Dong, indeed!

Favourite moments: QWOP, The Derp Line, Kathleen's CaramellDansen, the mad auctions and Yahtzee trolling the LRR crew.

Also, thanks to the people recording and uploading to YouTube. With the time difference, I missed a lot of the streaming, so it was nice to be able to catch it after the fact.

"Hand me a Club, and I'll punch you!"
As Yahtzee said, there is no middle finger big enough.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 25 Nov 2011, 06:32

If, like me, your endurance ran out and you fell asleep before the end, go here and skip to part 15 or 16. I think my favorite part of this Desert Bus is that apparently every last second was recorded.
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 25 Nov 2011, 07:51

I miss it so much. It really is like waiting for this awesome concert for months and then just like that its over. I had so much fun this year and next November can't come fast enough.

Thanks to LRR and all of the DB Crew!
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
TheMoatman
First Video: How to LRR

Postby TheMoatman » 25 Nov 2011, 08:02

The last time I felt like this (Y'know, tired, sad, happy, basically a psychologist's dream :D ) was when the first ARG I was heavily involved in ended. I blacked out at 3:05/12:05 AM, so I didn't see the end. :( I'll watch it on Youtube later.
I actually had a dream that DesertBus got a huge amount of donations, and went to 160 hours. That would be great.
I hope to see everyone around
AAAAAAFRIIIIIICAAAAAAAAA
ElementalAlchemist
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby ElementalAlchemist » 25 Nov 2011, 09:11

I stayed up, but then it ended, I hung around for a few minutes for any stingers and still emotional from the end, and then I went straight to bed. So here I am now, the next day.

This was my first Desert Bus, and it was AMAZING. I am quite happy to have spent most of the past week watching Desert Bus and being what small part of it I could. The LRR crew and everyone else involved are really awesome for putting in a bunch of work to put this on every year and make it as exciting as they can. The 80-minute thank-yous bit was crazy, but it really can't be said enough. Thank you to the crew, the volunteers, the donators, and everyone who made this event the amazingly exciting event it was.
WHARRQWOPRICA to the store. --ElementalAlchemist

P.S. I know this is on a forum and my name is already on a post, but for some reason I feel like I have to sign this particular post. Well dong, everyone.
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 25 Nov 2011, 09:39

For anybody who still needs more marathon gaming and silliness for Childs Play, the Mass Effect Marathon is heating up. http://www.masseffectmarathon.com/
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 25 Nov 2011, 09:40

Indeed, the crew recommended we all pop over there and give them $5 to drive them bonkers.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 25 Nov 2011, 09:43

... problem with DesertBus withdraw? Vivid DesertBus dreams... of course, they are skewed by one's unconscious imagination. Last night I dreamed of getting a GayBaresque lapdance by Matt.
Alahmnat
First Video: The Future of Sex

Postby Alahmnat » 25 Nov 2011, 09:51

empath wrote:That's it, right there - it's been like an awesome concer-NO, a rock festival that 'took it to eleven', and now that it's over, even normality feels...under-stimulating in a way.

Screw 11, this bus goes to TWELVE.
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 25 Nov 2011, 09:56

I was having a bit of Desert Bus syndrome last night when a friend said s**t and for a few seconds I was worried about breaking the PG Rating.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Nov 2011, 10:00

I wonder if Desert Bus keeps getting bigger they could hire a concert hall and have Desert Bus as a live performance to the public and the internet charging ticket that go to Child's Play.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Postby Digital Dolphin » 25 Nov 2011, 10:20

Elomin Sha wrote:I wonder if Desert Bus keeps getting bigger they could hire a concert hall and have Desert Bus as a live performance to the public and the internet charging ticket that go to Child's Play.

I'd actually been thinking about something like this.... XD
#TeamKroze
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 25 Nov 2011, 10:26

Desert Bus 5 is now over & con drop is setting in.

"Con drop" isn't an official term but it's used to describe the the sudden period of feeling generally down/depressed/empty after attending a convention. It is usually preceded by a time of being "high" on endorphins and energy, feeling really great about the con before it hits you like a ton of bricks. Con drop can happen anywhere from a few hours to a few days after the con, & last just as long.

This can apply to other events too, like a particularly good concert, live performance, or in this case, having so much fun watching Desert Bus for a week-straight. I've noticed a number of people on the forums expressing signs of con-drop & wanted to let them know it's ok & not unusual. I'm even considering starting a "Bus Drop" thread for people to express how they feel & share favourite experiences.

It'll be ok. Loading Ready Run will have new videos for us next week, & we can still see them on a regular basis until the next Desert Bus. Be happy 8)
Last edited by Evil Jim on 25 Nov 2011, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
DuelLadyS
First Video: Unskippable

Postby DuelLadyS » 25 Nov 2011, 10:31

It's kind of weird that Desert Bus is over... this is the first one I followed, and it gets into your routine awful fast. As of now, desertbus.org is number 5 of my top visited sites according to my browser. My fiance literally left it on from about the morning of day 2 on 24/7 (putting his new computer upgrade to the test) so the household could watch at their leisure. (If anyone happened to record that phone call with him, please put it on youtube and let me know, so I can torment him with it.)

Thanks to all the awesome guests, chat-folk, and LRR themselves for the great week. I look forward to a year of LRR awesomeness until we all do this again. (also- Team Kroze forever! :) )
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Nov 2011, 10:39

If you know the time of the day it happened you can go to justin.tv/db_high and find it yourself. May take a few minutes.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 25 Nov 2011, 10:41

I know one thing.. Saints Row: The Third will be in Graham's very near future. After copious amounts of MORE SLEEP though.

Rest easy, Desert Bus Crew.. You've been troopers yet again. :)
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 25 Nov 2011, 10:45

2stepz wrote:... problem with DesertBus withdraw? Vivid DesertBus dreams... of course, they are skewed by one's unconscious imagination. Last night I dreamed of getting a GayBaresque lapdance by Matt.

I had one during where I dreamt that Matt came back from Breaking Dawn and loved it. That was horrible.

Return to “General Discussion”