Personal moment of glory

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Personal moment of glory

Postby Smeghead » 12 Dec 2011, 06:48

Some of us might have had a moment of glory, a moment that we always remember for how awesome we thought our actions had been, a moment we then use as a standard of reference regarding how awesome one of our actions might be.

Mine came when I was only 6 years old while at the kinder garden.
It was in midwinter and all the kids were outside and playing in the snow, even a few of the kids who didn’t actually go there but lived close by. One was named Daniel, and was at the time a bit of a bully.

I remember me and a few of the other kids were playing something when I was hit by a unexpected snowball that had been thrown by Daniel, and I might have cried out in pain or surprise because he started to laugh and taunt me. In anger I made a snowball, and without actually aiming just threw it in his direction (it was a rather big distance if I recall) and the snowball hit him right in the mouth, and since he was still laughing it went into his mouth.

The result was that he had to run home and dig out the snowball because he was unable to spit it out or even close his mouth.

It’s an childish act of poetic (kind of) justice that I’ve yet to surpass. Which is kind of sad, I mean I wish I had that kind of luck more often.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Personal moment of glory

Postby Elomin Sha » 12 Dec 2011, 07:04

Nice.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 12 Dec 2011, 07:18

That is awesome.

Unfortunately mine is too depressing. So i'll just say nice.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 12 Dec 2011, 07:54

Along that line, I once grabbed a guy who had been bullying me and my friends for years by the hairs and told him he should really just quit it or else. he was alot less annoying afterwards and no one in the entire class ratted me out to the teacher (though I think she knew but didn't act on it).

But my more cherrished moment of glory is my comedic moment of glory. It may be a bit insulting (I really hope not, otherwise please say so, then I'll remove it) and only funny at the time but here goes: I was watching TV with 2 friends when a commercial came on about a real estate company. The man on the screen, playing a customer, said he liked to have alot of living space. Without thinking about it, I blurted out: "Thats what Hitler said too!". My friends and I exchanged a look for a second and then busted out into laughter (the pronunciation of that sentence is quite close between Dutch and German). I will never top that one and have rarely come close.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 12 Dec 2011, 07:59

That's horrible and funny rednightmare.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 12 Dec 2011, 08:00

Some nice stories there. =]

Hmmm, not sure if I got any moments like that ... I'm generally too flawed a person to really have moments like that.

One of the times that I've been closest to something like that was when I hit the guy who'd been leading a group of guys who'd been bullying me for years ... They stopped afterwards. Probably because they'd been calling me aggressive for years and in that moment I gave in, I'd had enough. Funnily enough acting the way that they'd been accusing me of being ended up scaring them so much they stopped.

Not really a PROUD moment, but I'd been holding that back for years, and for that I'm proud.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 12 Dec 2011, 10:39

I don't think anything I can do will ever top this forum post!

Return to “General Discussion”