The Sex Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Re: The Sex Thread

Postby auberginequeen » 17 Jan 2012, 10:51

My biggest problem about giving handjobs/blowjobs is that it's kind of boring. I don't mean that making my partner happy bores me or is insignificant, but it's not exactly mentally stimulating either.

My mind wanders to things and I ponder over stuff in the middle of it but I can't tell anyone (although I'd like to) because my thoughts aren't particularly sexy. Like thinking about kittens or wanting to ask something like "Marshmallows really do have a strange texture, don't they? Like eating a cloud..." aren't exactly tittilating, and the less and less aroused I get the more I want to just talk about all the shit my mind is trying to amuse itself with.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 17 Jan 2012, 12:46

It's not really the semen that bugs me do much as the general penis area.

It's not so terrible that I'll outright refuse, but no, I don't enjoy it, and way prefer to use a barrier.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 17 Jan 2012, 15:13

General Penis Area is my Chris Brown cover band
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 17 Jan 2012, 17:36

@Aubergine RE: boredom during certain activities

I am not a monk, or even all that well versed in the proper methods of meditation used by various religious and social orders, but the closest I ever get to profound meditation (aside from sensory deprivation experiments) is during lovemaking.

Chiefly I practice this so-called meditation as a form of self control, allowing me to last much longer than normal. I do this in two ways. 1) By carefully (but not too carefully!) regulating my body functions, respiration, heartbeat, timing of movements, and heat flow. And 2) I compartmentalize the sexy thoughts into a back corner of my mind and direct the brunt of my consciousness toward emptiness and reflection.

I think of massive stones. I picture the ocean with a mountain rising from the depths, jutting into the air, cloaked in greenery, wreathed in clouds. I picture lighthouses, and I mentally leap from their heights, catch the wind, and fly across the waters at incredible speeds. I dash through thick woodlands, I sink into the soil and flit ghost-like through the stones and earth. I envision rivers tumbling over sweeping vistas, and wind rippling grasslands that stretch as far as the eye can see. The only motion is that of the natural word, no sounds beyond the wind and waves, no bird calls even.

Then that little compartmentalized section in the back starts leaking steam and other warm fluids from the edges, and I drop my expanded mind into a hazy stand-by mode, activating the maintenance perameters, equalize the physical and mental pressures with the ambient surroundings, take a quick status report, restart and reconfigure where necessary, and then back to the thrusty-thrusty as my mind flits away through a nature documentary again.

I try to avoid reflection on kōans, though. Apparantly that causes me to start babbling in various languages incomprehensibly.

~Alja~
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 17 Jan 2012, 17:42

You say some random things sometimes, dude, but that has got to be the most unrelated "RE:" I've ever seen...
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Yoshi_Gal
First Video: Unskippable 01. On The Escapist.

Postby Yoshi_Gal » 17 Jan 2012, 19:44

I have discovered a new favourite game. It's called Surprise Blowjob in the middle of playing Xbox.

He'd been playing battlefield 3 for hours now and I was bored outta my mind so I though you know, what? Surpise blowjob time! He managed to keep playing for a few more minutes before succumbing completely. It was impressive.

Once he was finished he promptly feel asleep naked, sprawled out on the lounge chair with the Xbox controller resting on his stomach. And like any good girlfriend I took photos. He's all class.
I don't have a lot of friends, just my fans. And they are all I need.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 17 Jan 2012, 20:07

That's interesting aubergine because I'm kind of the same with receiving. I just lay there thinking "well this is boring, I'm not actually doing anything".

I don't find giving boring at all though. With blowjobs you have a bunch to do anyways, and with handjobs you can watch his face, you can kiss, you can suck his nipples or his ear, you can talk dirty to him. My mind actually never wanders when I'm doing it, but that's probably a matter of taste, because sometimes it wanders during intercourse for instance.

By the way, we have a running gag about lasagna because one day we realised in the middle of sex that we had forgotten to put away the lasagna. Now we say it as though it was something dirty (oh, yeah, put away my lasagna!)

My main problem with handjobs would be that my hand can get tired sometimes and usually I'm lying down next to him in a way that doesn't make it practical to switch hands (not that I'd have enough dexterity in the other one anyways).
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 17 Jan 2012, 20:21

Well both of us are submissive and as a result it usually ends up with someone having to pretend to be dominant. It doesn't always work out well. Sometimes I get the urge to be dominant but it's like, once in a blue moon. I guess you could say I was weredom.

But the thing about pretending to be dominant is that you don't necessarily find it as sexy as if you were actually dominant, I suppose. As a result the arousal tends to be a bit one-sided. Sure, you enjoy doing it for the sake of making them happy but sometimes you get nothing else out of it. Nothing wrong with that, but a mind unstimulated often tends to wander.
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 18 Jan 2012, 09:40

That makes perfect sense. We're both switches so it works well for us. I'm mostly dominant but about orgasm control, so I'm fine either way. What I mean is for instance with fellatio, it can be him being dominant or me being dominant, but since both are fellatio it works out for me anyways. I more rarely am up for cunnilingus regardless of who's being the dom that time.

But being switches we learn to adapt easily. Usually only one of us is in a very strong mood one way or the other, and the other just adapts to it easily.

When you're both the same, it's bound to be trickier as one of the people just pretends and doesn't get as much satisfaction out of it. And acting like a dom when you're a sub can't be easy, as you have to keep making decisions when you'd be so much more comfortable following whatever decision the other person makes. This being said it's good that you're trying anyways, compromises are really important in a relationship, you just have to be sure what the line is between "not what I'd want to do but sure, if you like it" and "I'd never want to do that" and not force yourself to do the latter.
(Not talking about you specifically here, just making a general comment).
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Postby Digital Dolphin » 18 Jan 2012, 10:49

w00t!
High fives for switches all around!

I should probably throw in that I am much more into giving oral sex than receiving. I've often gotten bored during blowjobs and that doesn't usually turn out so well...

That being said, 69'ing is where it's at! :D
#TeamKroze
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Jan 2012, 14:25

I guess I would qualify as a switch, honestly it's not something I've ever contemplated. All my partners have taken fairly even roles in either position, so to speak.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 18 Jan 2012, 15:39

I'm pretty adaptable. I like both. I tend to be dom, simply because both of the women I've had any kind of repetitive contact with in that way have been fairly sub. Kinda annoying, because i'd like to be sub more often, but I like dom too.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
AmzRigh
First Video: Reduce Your Footprint

Postby AmzRigh » 19 Jan 2012, 09:13

I'm mostly sub, but all of my girlfriends have been even more sub than me (save for rare occasions). Yarr.
Caveant Mundi game studio
Throne of Games & Thursday Throne, streaming live Thursdays & Saturdays at 9pm ET

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 19 Jan 2012, 09:31

It's not really a spectrum I consider.
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 19 Jan 2012, 11:48

metcarfre wrote:It's not really a spectrum I consider.

I guess that makes your spot on the spectrum "vanilla" :P
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 19 Jan 2012, 12:34

As though being neither noticeably sub or dom makes one boring.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 19 Jan 2012, 12:41

The Jester wrote:As though being neither noticeably sub or dom makes one boring.

Vanilla's damn delicious, and I won't hear otherwise.

-m

I am not angry at you.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 19 Jan 2012, 12:45

Oh I agree. As a flavour, certainly. However, it was clearly used by Avistew to denote something "boring".
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 19 Jan 2012, 12:46

Deliciously boring.

-m

I am not angry at you.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 19 Jan 2012, 12:46

I wouldn't consider 'vanilla' to be the neutral spot between Dom and Sub. Seems to me it'd be more like 'mutual' with no partner taking or giving up any control.

I am surprised that it's so pervasive in hetero couples though. I guess I was a bit ignorant on that front.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 19 Jan 2012, 12:58

I didn't mean it was boring. I've always "vanilla" used as the term for... vanilla sex. I don't even know another word for it. I like vanilla (both the flavour and the kind of sex). I don't see it as meaning "boring", I see it as meaning "standard" or "the norm" or "the most common form".

Sub and Dom are terms used in the BDSM community. If they don't apply to you or you've never considered them, it probably mean you're not part of the BDSM community. And they refer to the rest of the world as "vanilla". I've never seen that as pejorative.

Sorry if I sounded like I was making a judgment of any sort. I think sex should be enjoyable and there is no reason trying to bring things into the bedroom that you have no use for. You can definitely be BDSM and boring or vanilla and not boring.

@aeric I don't think that not considering the spectrum means you are in the middle. I think it just means it's not important to you. But if you HAD to pick, you could be anywhere on the spectrum. I guess I would say there are two axes. One that goes from dom to sub, with switch overlapping most of it, and one that ranges from "irrelevant" to "can't have sex without it being the centerpiece and most important aspect of the sex".
taza
First Video: Max Effect

Postby taza » 20 Jan 2012, 03:05

I dunno about that. Both uses of "vanilla" here go under "delicious but without many surprises".
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 20 Jan 2012, 19:23

taza wrote:I dunno about that. Both uses of "vanilla" here go under "delicious but without many surprises".

I assumed it was like vanilla servers, where this was sex without any of the new expansions and returns things to a more familiar ruleset.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 20 Jan 2012, 20:15

Funny note about that: the first time I heard about "vanilla WoW", I was confused because I pictured a BDSM WoW as its opposite. Then my boyfriend explained that it's what he and some others call WoW as it was originally released, when it was harder, and "being such level actually meant something". So in that case vanilla is definitely meant to be a good thing.

I also thought, when I heard about Rick Santorum for the first time, that he had a very unfortunate name. Obviously I know about sex stuff way more than other categories of knowledge.
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 20 Jan 2012, 22:15

Avistew wrote:I also thought, when I heard about Rick Santorum for the first time, that he had a very unfortunate name. Obviously I know about sex stuff way more than other categories of knowledge.

Honestly, that is the only reason I am not just completely horrified and offended by his campaign. The newspapers are being great about it too, with their "surging from behind" jokes.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant

Return to “General Discussion”