PAX EAST(er)! WAARGARBLE EDITION

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Re: PAX EAST(er)! WAARGARBLE EDITION

Postby psychopez » 16 Feb 2012, 07:32

Socks. At the beginning of the day, wear socks you don't mind throwing away. Carry around a second pair in your backpack, and change halfway through the day. It makes such a world of difference.
@mhasko
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 16 Feb 2012, 07:36

Another great tip, get ALL of your swag then drop it off at your hotel room. Then continue enjoying PAX.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 16 Feb 2012, 07:56

Fresh socks are indeed delightful. I suggest packing healthy, high energy portable foods, like nuts, dried fruits, apples, granola bars, etc. Also, a refillable water bottle is a lifesaver. I've usually got a bag like the Happy Mask Salesman at PAX, bunch of crazy stuff hanging off.

As to the room: there will be no unscheduled shenanigans in the room! All requests for shenanigans must be submitted in writing, in triplicate 90 days prior to requested date of shenaniganing, on official "Uptight Rumpus Subdued Town" letterhead! What does this look like, some sort of Rainbow Rumpus Party Town? Ridiculous! This will all be included in the welcome letter/welcome instructional video. :B

No but seriously, I think we managed to get a good amount of sleep in every night last year, and I didn't feel tired at all.
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 16 Feb 2012, 08:05

Oh, did I mention I got accepted as an Enforcer? Because I did.

I'm looking forward to this "PAX" thing.
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
psychopez

Postby psychopez » 16 Feb 2012, 08:07

AlexanderDitto wrote:Fresh socks are indeed delightful. I suggest packing healthy, high energy portable foods, like nuts, dried fruits, apples, granola bars, etc. Also, a refillable water bottle is a lifesaver. I've usually got a bag like the Happy Mask Salesman at PAX, bunch of crazy stuff hanging off.

I bought a Camelback for Pax Prime last year, filled it half up with water and put it in the freezer, filled the rest up with water the next morning, and I was wonderful.

Fugiman wrote:Oh, did I mention I got accepted as an Enforcer? Because I did.

I'm looking forward to this "PAX" thing.

Awesome.
@mhasko
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 16 Feb 2012, 08:26

AlexanderDitto wrote:No but seriously, I think we managed to get a good amount of sleep in every night last year, and I didn't feel tired at all.

Except on Sunday, but that was mainly because we went to that bar with Kathleen, Paul, and Graham, and we hit Daylight Savings Time. So we were up late AND lost an hour of sleep.

But this year, we won't need to worry about DST.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 17 Feb 2012, 06:37

rustak wrote:Damn, that's a good hotel price. We're staying at the "MIDTOWN HOTEL" for $169/night. Didn't book the Westin fast enough, just like we didn't buy 3-day passes fast enough. Whoops... will have to plan things better next year :)

I always feel bad for that place. It's a two story hotel in them midst of 20-story buildings. I have no idea why it hasn't been knocked down and replaced with a tower. Unrelated, it's right next to my school.
TomBrend

Postby TomBrend » 17 Feb 2012, 06:40

psychopez wrote:I bought a Camelback for Pax Prime last year, filled it half up with water and put it in the freezer, filled the rest up with water the next morning, and I was wonderful.

Water? I am confused. I thought camelbacks were for vodka-redbull.
psychopez

Postby psychopez » 17 Feb 2012, 07:16

...if Redbull didn't make me sick, that might be worth while to try...
@mhasko
TomBrend

Postby TomBrend » 17 Feb 2012, 07:29

I'm sure you could do it with any number of other energy drinks.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 Feb 2012, 08:06

Energy drinks are... the worst idea. Who came up with them even?!

tak197 wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:No but seriously, I think we managed to get a good amount of sleep in every night last year, and I didn't feel tired at all.

Except on Sunday, but that was mainly because we went to that bar with Kathleen, Paul, and Graham, and we hit Daylight Savings Time. So we were up late AND lost an hour of sleep.

Stupid DST. But hey, listen: that was totally worth it. I hope we get the chance to do something like that again, so I can order another Shirley temple and embarrass the hell out of everyone.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 17 Feb 2012, 08:17

I do remember there was a bit of peer preasure in that drink order as hillarious as it was. But that was a good time. The 'Evening with LRR' really made the con for me.

And don't knock the energy drinks. I sustained my energy levels with diet energy drinks.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 17 Feb 2012, 08:23

Aside: I'm looking to come up a bit early (Tuesday or Wednesday evening) and leave a little late (Tuesday morning), just in the off chance anybody lives close by and wouldn't mind putting up with me.
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 17 Feb 2012, 08:39

I hope that one vending machine where they forgot to jack up the prices of the energy drinks is still there. $5 for a can of Amp is a bit much.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 17 Feb 2012, 08:57

AlexanderDitto wrote:Energy drinks are... the worst idea. Who came up with them even?!

tak197 wrote:

Stupid DST. But hey, listen: that was totally worth it. I hope we get the chance to do something like that again, so I can order another Shirley temple and embarrass the hell out of everyone.

I wasn't embarrassed! Shirley Temples and Roy Rodgers are the best!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Feb 2012, 11:29

AlexanderDitto wrote:Energy drinks are... the worst idea. Who came up with them even?!

Sufi monasteries around Mokha in Yemen. Are the most credible original source. Or possibly the Qin Dynasty if you consider tea.

I have associates who absolutely rag on soda and energy drinks who say they the worst thing ever, that rot your teeth and destroy your internal organs, plus they are a cheep high that you crash from. While drinking their 32 oz mocha frappe swirl with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and a few extra packets of sugar.

Yeah you are right, this water based caffeine drink full of sugar is terrible, I should have gone to starbucks with you to get a water based caffeine drink full of sugar.

"COFFEE IS DIFFERENT! I NEED MY COFFEE!"
Last edited by Lord Hosk on 17 Feb 2012, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
tanatoes
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby tanatoes » 17 Feb 2012, 16:35

Fugiman wrote:Aside: I'm looking to come up a bit early (Tuesday or Wednesday evening) and leave a little late (Tuesday morning), just in the off chance anybody lives close by and wouldn't mind putting up with me.

Fugi, we live locally and although our place is cramped you are certainly welcome if you can't find any other place to crash. Be aware that it is a: cluttered and b: filled with cat hair.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends? 0639 9148 4145 6376
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 Feb 2012, 21:26

Lord Hosk wrote:

Sufi monasteries around Mokha in Yemen. Are the most credible original source. Or possibly the Qin Dynasty if you consider tea.

I have associates who absolutely rag on soda and energy drinks who say they the worst thing ever, that rot your teeth and destroy your internal organs, plus they are a cheep high that you crash from. While drinking their 32 oz mocha frappe swirl with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and a few extra packets of sugar.

Yeah you are right, this water based caffeine drink full of sugar is terrible, I should have gone to starbucks with you to get a water based caffeine drink full of sugar.

"COFFEE IS DIFFERENT! I NEED MY COFFEE!"

I don't drink coffee either. Or tea.

aeric90 wrote:I do remember there was a bit of peer preasure in that drink order as hillarious as it was. But that was a good time. The 'Evening with LRR' really made the con for me.

That evening was wonderful, I hope we get to do it again. But yes, that drink was ridiculous (it was like, $5 or something!) and actually quite good. I should have been less uptight about it.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 01 Mar 2012, 20:27

BUMP/NECRO

The PAX East schedule is out, and it looks like we have a few winners for the panels featuring the crew.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 01 Mar 2012, 20:42

Is it weird that every time I read Geoff (name) hosting a panel I think its our resident Harrowin, Harrowite, Harrowist, harr... GUY FROM LONDON!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 01 Mar 2012, 20:57

Oh shoot I was supposed to send out an email about the room AUGH.

Guys, let me tell you, running the Pokemon League is NOT AN EASY JOB. Lance makes it look easy-peasy, but it's a PAIN IN THE BUTT.

Yes! The schedule is out. Looks like good news in that the LRR panel is on there and it starts at 10 so we might be able to sneak into the Saturday night concerts for a little while beforehand? I don't know.

Luckily it's looking like there are only very few panels I actually want to go to (MATCH GAME ZOMG), so I'll have plenty of time for meetups and pokemon battles and wandering the Expo floor &c.
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 01 Mar 2012, 21:50

http://imgur.com/9Lw5N

This is the only way to describe how I felt when I found out that I'd be missing VGO and JoCo to see you guys. Too much love.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 03 Mar 2012, 15:31

Lord Hosk wrote:Is it weird that every time I read Geoff (name) hosting a panel I think its our resident Harrowin, Harrowite, Harrowist, harr... GUY FROM LONDON!

Which guy? This guy?
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 03 Mar 2012, 15:38

The actual term is Harrovian. And no I'm not that famous yet. Or even able to go. :(
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
rustak
First Video: Man Cooking - Swiss Meat Roll

Postby rustak » 03 Mar 2012, 15:46

If anyone's looking (or has a friend that's looking etc), I might have a spare set of one-day passes. Send me a message and we can figure out details.

Return to “General Discussion”