Jonny Two

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
SecretsOfMoon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Re: Jonny Two

Postby SecretsOfMoon » 07 Mar 2012, 05:03

I was compelled to point out after watching this that Corvettes in fact are plastic cars.
I am the bearer of Sitra Ahra, the one who stands at the gates of Qliphoth, I am Maskim Xul.
4861696c20536174616e21
Depressive Realism Now!
Nirvana
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Nirvana » 07 Mar 2012, 09:53

For some reason, Jonny strikes me as a double-popped-collar kind of guy. One popped collar just doesn't quite cut it.
Check out my weekly WWE RAW reviews at http://www.RingsideAcademy.com
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 07 Mar 2012, 10:51

LogicSword wrote:Oooh! Theory!

Presumably if we go with the numbering, we'll next have Jonny 3, Jonny 4 and then...

Okay, probably not that.

I love this character though, both videos have been fantastic.

God dammit.

Motherfucker thinks he's alive.

HE IS A TIN CAN, ROBOTS DON'T HAVE FEELINGS.

(Also this was an excellent video but OF COURSE IT WAS. I love how Graham slips sometimes and just can't maintain the douchebag.)
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 07 Mar 2012, 17:53

Yeah...

Nope. This character still ain't doin' it for me. Though, it was a tad bit better than last time.

I call foul on the use of J-Roc in a non-Trailer-Boys scenario.

I also concur with the Short Circuit musings.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 07 Mar 2012, 18:23

Not a lot of folks are gonna make a Jonathan Torrence connection. Nice, metcarfre.
It wasn't written to be a J-roc reference, but I was aware of it once I wrote it down.
The Tortured Soul

Postby The Tortured Soul » 07 Mar 2012, 21:11

I gotta admit I do find Jonny vids hard to get into, but that's probably more me than LRR.

I have a strong dislike of Alcohol/Drunks... and work in a bar (yeah I know, not for lack of trying for a different job trust me!). So This guy often kinda grates on me. But I loved the Story guy stuff that there was something much more going on which most of the time was only subtly hinted at. So I'm sticking with this knowing that there is something more than a drunkard. Unless that's subverted of course...

Some theories, Blackouts and things turning out good for him somehow... Government sleeper agent maybe? Or these amazing parties and stories never happend at all He's kidnapped (for purposes currently unknown) and then has his memory altered while unconscious then when he wakes up he's left in a situation that seems like it matches up as where he could have ended up after his memories tell him he's blacked out. Like James' character is totally sober and just playing along to keep an eye on him.

Also I like the idea that he is tied to Story Guy, like his son or something... I'd love to see that come about even if it wasn't the original intention. Like say it's Story Guy he goes on missions for/with during his blackouts. I dunno I'm just rambling now so I'll shut up.
posting... in england.

Reality is subjective and insanity is just a point of view

• Step 10 ???
  • Step 11 Profit
  • Step 12 Podcast
  • Step 13 Huff a Dong!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 07 Mar 2012, 22:01

Graham wrote:Not a lot of folks are gonna make a Jonathan Torrence connection. Nice, metcarfre.
It wasn't written to be a J-roc reference, but I was aware of it once I wrote it down.

Remember Jonovision? That was a... show.

Next Jonny vid, you should do a "Know'm sayin'? (record scratch)" thing.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 07 Mar 2012, 23:57

The Tortured Soul wrote:Also I like the idea that he is tied to Story Guy, like his son or something... I'd love to see that come about even if it wasn't the original intention. Like say it's Story Guy he goes on missions for/with during his blackouts. I dunno I'm just rambling now so I'll shut up.

Graham has already confirmed that he's Story Guy's nephew.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 08 Mar 2012, 18:42

I would very much like to find out that Johnny is actually mayor and all this is drunken, half-remembered code for important civic programs, with all his boys being city council members. It would prove his invulnerability to the law, at least.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
The Tortured Soul

Postby The Tortured Soul » 08 Mar 2012, 19:32

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
The Tortured Soul wrote:Also I like the idea that he is tied to Story Guy, like his son or something... I'd love to see that come about even if it wasn't the original intention. Like say it's Story Guy he goes on missions for/with during his blackouts. I dunno I'm just rambling now so I'll shut up.

Graham has already confirmed that he's Story Guy's nephew.

Dammit, shows I should read the forums some more often! I remembered he mentioned a connection in the LRRCast but couldn't remember which (or if he even specified)...

But yeah that's cool and while I'd love for Story Guy to show up I know he's not gunna coz that would mean Graham changing his beard!
posting... in england.

Reality is subjective and insanity is just a point of view

• Step 10 ???
  • Step 11 Profit
  • Step 12 Podcast
  • Step 13 Huff a Dong!
BubbaJeff
First Video: I... can't remember...

Postby BubbaJeff » 13 Mar 2012, 04:42

I spy a bottle of Kraken.... nom nom?

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”