GPLP: Cursed Crusade

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
Gltepel
First Video: Unskipable

Re: GPLP: Cursed Crusade

Postby Gltepel » 15 May 2012, 01:47

Man, you guys are really good at taking something that would otherwise be really boring to watch and making it very entertaining. The Magic, the lets plays, it's all wonderful.

So are all the finishing moves (with each weapon combo) going to be the same for every kill? Are you using the same button combo, or does the game just do the same thing no matter what you do? If you can't make it do other finishers, I definitely prefer the two swords one. Sword and mace is vicious, but I think I prefer the knee stabbing.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 15 May 2012, 07:33

Yeti wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the guy who voiced the Spanish soldier also does the voice for the main character in Just Cause 2?

Not that I don't believe you, but I can't find anything telling whom that voice actor is.
Yeti
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Yeti » 15 May 2012, 18:05

Vigafre wrote:
Yeti wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the guy who voiced the Spanish soldier also does the voice for the main character in Just Cause 2?

Not that I don't believe you, but I can't find anything telling whom that voice actor is.

I just spent a few hours searching the Internets and wtf? It's like they intended to make the V/O actor who voices Rico Rodriguez impossible to find!
:x
I tentatively say that it is Chris Nayek or Vincent Marzello.
But seriously why aren't game credits displaying voice acters names with the corresponding main characters?
Iths maddening <-(in the voice of hank venture as "the bat")
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 15 May 2012, 18:35

That makes me eager to see the credits to this game. Never thought I'd say that.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 15 May 2012, 20:48

Looks like they aren't the same people. I checked the credits for both games and neither has roles listed, but I didn't see any names on both lists. Here's a screenshot of them, if anyone wants to look and make sure I'm not blind.

Sorry about the poor quality on Cursed Crusade, unlike JC2 I don't own it so it's from an LP.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 15 May 2012, 21:34

Argh.
tfrey616
First Video: Unskippable - Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby tfrey616 » 22 May 2012, 19:53

If you all don't start posting more GPLPs, I am in severe danger of actually getting some college work done.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 22 May 2012, 20:24

Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 22 May 2012, 20:56

I was actually just wondering when the next GPLP episode would be online a little earlier today. Glad to see it up.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 22 May 2012, 21:36

Something just hit me.

All four games used in GPLP have been action brawlers. I'm starting to get restless with these dirty-looking games where people punch people over and over again. You guys gotta do something different for next time... maybe a game with a totally different control scheme or something. subtle hint and wink
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 22 May 2012, 21:47

Well, Venetica was more RPG than brawler I think, and a lot lighter on the combat. I agree though, it'd be interesting to see something different. I like to suggest Alpha Protocol for everything whenever any opportunity presents itself, maybe it could be a good one to look at next? More RPG/shooter, it would be something quite different to watch.

I wrote a book!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 22 May 2012, 21:49

Honestly, the protagonist in Venetica was also at least slightly more charming than all these lunkheads. Yeah, she was kinda...

Y'know what? I thought she was fun. I won't make apologies. She's a cutie.

EDIT: The voice actor of Rico is Robin Atkin Downes. I don't know if he's in Cursed Crusade, but he's in almost every other game in the world, including TF2.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 22 May 2012, 21:54

King Kool wrote:Honestly, the protagonist in Venetica was also at least slightly more charming than all these lunkheads. Yeah, she was kinda...

Y'know what? I thought she was fun. I won't make apologies. She's a cutie.

That's not hard considering the other options are Dante, who in the game was a horrible person who cheated on his wife and did all sorts of bad things including butchering defenseless people, Chad Football, who had the charisma of a piece of overly burnt toast, and these two. One of which has an over-the-top accent which really is more goofy then anything and the other is another mass-murderer who seems incredibly self-absorbed.
Last edited by Kapol on 22 May 2012, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 22 May 2012, 21:56

King Kool wrote:EDIT: The voice actor of Rico is Robin Atkin Downes. I don't know if he's in Cursed Crusade, but he's in almost every other game in the world, including TF2.

That was the voice actor for him in the original, but it's the Rico in JC2 who sounds like Esteban.

Also, it blew my mind when I learned that the Medic voiced the original Rico.

I wrote a book!
Gltepel
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Gltepel » 22 May 2012, 23:24

I hate it when games have huge open holes that you should be able to walk through, but can't because of invisible "soft walls" that make your character stop dead in his tracks. Really wish games would stop using them and pile an actual barrier in front of you instead of a six foot wide gap that you can't actually go through.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 23 May 2012, 03:01

Don't know if I mentioned it in the LP, but an objective marker would be really, really easy to integrate in those towns. Almost all medieval towns have one or more churches in them whose towers rise well above the other buildings - lots of them have "Lantern Towers" so they are visible at night. In thin, winding streets where landmarks are rare and the closeness of the buildings makes looking for horizon landmarks impossible, the towers allowed easy navigation. How bloody hard would it be to integrate something like, "We should head toward the tower of St. Botulph's Without Aldersgate, then we'll be near the wall" and have its tower visible to at least give you a clue where to go?
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 23 May 2012, 04:43

There was some serious shaky-cam action when they were signing up for the duels, surely that's reserved for something more intense like, I don't know, dueling?
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 23 May 2012, 05:16

Why is the guy taking sign-ups for a fighting tournament responding to a pair of fighters who've just signed up for said fighting tournament by giving them basic "point the sharp bit at your opponent"-level instructions on how to fight? Why on earth would he assume that people in that situation don't already know the first thing about fighting?

This makes no narrative sense!
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 23 May 2012, 10:07

That guy only suggested that they take the time to practice because they might learn new moves. Denz is the one giving out instructions.
Yeti
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Yeti » 23 May 2012, 10:17

Jamfalcon wrote:Looks like they aren't the same people. I checked the credits for both games and neither has roles listed, but I didn't see any names on both lists. Here's a screenshot of them, if anyone wants to look and make sure I'm not blind.

Sorry about the poor quality on Cursed Crusade, unlike JC2 I don't own it so it's from an LP.

Holy shite!
thanks for the closure! and now we know....

... Yeti is absolutely nuts.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 23 May 2012, 12:44

Good point King Kool, we'll look at a varied genre pick for next time.
These just lend themselves SO well to an LP.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 23 May 2012, 15:13

King Kool wrote:Something just hit me.

All four games used in GPLP have been action brawlers.

Don't forget the half-baked RPG elements. Every GPLP game has been an action brawler with half-baked RPG elements.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 23 May 2012, 15:35

Dominic Appleguard wrote:
King Kool wrote:Something just hit me.

All four games used in GPLP have been action brawlers.

Don't forget the half-baked RPG elements. Every GPLP game has been an action brawler with half-baked RPG elements.

Well, I'd say Venetica's RPG system wasn't all that bad. It at least came off more as an actual RPG then the other three. And that is, of course, assuming you don't count Legaia 2, which was straight-up RPG.
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 23 May 2012, 16:05

When I watch this game and try to figure out the story progression, the only think I can come up with is a straight-up wunza plot sitcom.

"One's a member of the order of the Knights Templar, sworn to rid the land of abominations against the church! One's a Spaniard on the run from the law, haunted by hellish nightmares! Can these two learn to get along on a quest across the holy land while coming to terms with their own demonic powers? Find out this fall on... Cursed Crusade!"
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 25 May 2012, 08:40

Brad's explanation about the crusades and sacking Constantinople reminded me, if you guys want a ten minute refresher course so you can be all, "I know what Brad's talking about! I know things!" then this is pretty useful.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Return to “GPLP”