AskPAUL live!

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

AskPAUL live!

Postby Paul » 10 Jun 2012, 08:13

Paul sits in a chair and answers your questions for far too long. Recorded live June 9, 2012. Apologies to people just listening to the audio version, the silence you hear at the beginning is me with a thing on my head :)

Note: looks like I forgot to turn on the decombing filter in the recording program, but luckily I don't move around that much.
Eric the Orange
First Video: The Job

Re: AskPAUL live!

Postby Eric the Orange » 10 Jun 2012, 09:25

Ah nice to spend some good quality time with Paul. One on one... kinda. Or at least it feels like it listening to this by myself.
Dared00
First Video: The Phone Manner

Postby Dared00 » 10 Jun 2012, 11:46

Ha, I watched it before it was uploaded here.

I'm so underground.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 10 Jun 2012, 12:31

1. Go watch Morecambe and Wise right now. Start with the Grieg Piano Concerto sketch.
2. Repeat 1 with different sketches.
3. Begin all over again from 1.

Other than that I enjoyed it :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 10 Jun 2012, 15:54

I really liked what I managed to see. I also asked too many questions. :P Thanks for doing that Paul.

Maybe I'll take my planechast stuff to the Escapist Expo now so anyone who wants to play some can. I'd love to play a game with Paul and anyone from here who's going.
Cokey
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Cokey » 10 Jun 2012, 16:17

2 hours and 25 minutes of Paul‽ Is it Christmas already? :D
"I'm concerned that we're sitting here like I'm a responsible adult. I'm pretty sure I stopped growing up in my teens and have been faking ever since."
http://xkcd.com/616/

This post should not be taken too seriously.
square1
First Video: Unskippable: The Saboteur

Postby square1 » 10 Jun 2012, 16:43

Thank you very much for answering my questions, Paul. I really appreciated your response to my writing question especially. I've jotted down your suggested conversation topics. I hope I get the chance to use them. :)

I probably should have elaborated more about my third question. I wasn't asking as much what cH would be like as a show if everyone was super-competent but what the individual characters would be like if you reversed the polarity of effectiveness. For example, super-Paul might have a working ball-kick super laser installed on the moon, which is of course now run by linux. So if they still made the same sort of flawed decisions, but the scope was increased. It was still pretty interesting to hear your thoughts on the inverse relation between competence and comedy. The Studio 60 / 30 Rock comparison was pretty apt.

Anyway, this was fantastic. Thank you again! :D
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Postby Kyogissun » 10 Jun 2012, 18:23

Thanks for answering my questions paul and I appreciate your attempt at pronouncing my name right.

Bummer to learn that WotC is primarily in charge of Friday Nights production. Hopefully if they 'don't' sponsor future episodes, I'd hope that we can expect at least an alternative to fill the void for MtG related videos.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 11 Jun 2012, 00:54

Kyogissun wrote:Bummer to learn that WotC is primarily in charge of Friday Nights production. Hopefully if they 'don't' sponsor future episodes, I'd hope that we can expect at least an alternative to fill the void for MtG related videos.
I highly suspect that we could get another CH with MtG if Friday Nights Season 2 falls through, as I suspect that the CH characters still play MtG like their real-world counterparts.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 11 Jun 2012, 02:56

Tea and cake or death? I had to agree then go get one. It made me run late but totally worth it
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 11 Jun 2012, 04:06

And then they ran out of tea and cake.

UNHchabo
First Video: Back It Up

Postby UNHchabo » 11 Jun 2012, 17:03

"unless they're already married"

NEWS FLASH -- Paul opposes polyamory! ;)

Regarding the "Hey Paul!", it reminded me of Paul's appearance in the "Cursing" video. After he shouted "I like your movies" you should've yelled back "That's not very imaginative, you know!"

My nominations for the LRRies:
Cheesiest performance: Paul as Jacques Francois
Best Marlon Brando: I'm going to guess Andy
Biggest prima donna: cH_Matt
Looking for an older video? Try this wiki page. (Current through the end of 2008)
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 11 Jun 2012, 17:55

He opposes polygamy, that's different :P But I had the same thought when he added that. I thought "awww".
Still, there are more legal complications linked with having several spouses, while being married to a man or to a woman are basically the same thing nowadays, since both genders are considered fully independent adults. So there is definitely no defense to making same-sex illegal, there isn't much that would need to be changed except for texts.
Allowing multiple marriages (at the same time, not in a row) would presumably require more legal changes and adaptation, and would be much more of a hassle. Not to mention much more people seem to oppose it.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 11 Jun 2012, 18:52

For the record: I have nothing against polygamy or polyamory in principal, but as Avistew says, there are some legal ramifications that make it more complicated then same-sex marriage.
UNHchabo
First Video: Back It Up

Postby UNHchabo » 12 Jun 2012, 10:08

Paul wrote:For the record: I have nothing against polygamy or polyamory in principal, but as Avistew says, there are some legal ramifications that make it more complicated then same-sex marriage.

I agree, I just thought it was funny to purposely misconstrue what you were saying. :)
Looking for an older video? Try this wiki page. (Current through the end of 2008)
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 12 Jun 2012, 13:04

Oh! also, morcambe and wise used to have a radio show, I can't attest to the quality,I haven't listened to it yet, but this should work, the BBC leave it up for a week, starting 4 or 5 days ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jl8hs/The_Eric_Morecambe_and_Ernie_Wise_Show_The_Eric_Morecambe_and_Ernie_Wise_Show_1975_1975/

Edit: ok, I've got 5 minutes in and its brilliant, though there's many name references, I guess not many people'd get those any more, certainly not me
Last edited by Ptangmatik on 12 Jun 2012, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 12 Jun 2012, 13:12

"Brilliant" is Eric and Ernie in one word :D

JamesA
First Video: ENN #1 Nerd Flu

Postby JamesA » 13 Jun 2012, 07:16

With regards to Pauls comments regarding the melted cheese (around 1:41 on the vidcast), the only one that comes to me is Raclette, but that's normally served with potatoes rather than bread. It's also French/Swiss rather than German I think.

It's my first post, but then again my approach to forums is pretty similar to Paul's approach to Facebook/Twitter - if you've got nothing to say, why say anything..
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 13 Jun 2012, 09:36

I can think of a variety of meals that involve melted cheese, most of them Swiss. I can imagine Germany, being on the border, would have some (just like France does on the other side).
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Jun 2012, 16:10

I was in a pub/bar owned by my host family, or rather my host mothers brother and they did that. They had a large wheel of cheese from the local dairy and several loaves of bread. It was just kinda their saturday afternoon/evening food while they sat around chatting and drinking the best mead ever ohhh man. I can still taste the honey...

South West of Frankfort.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “LRRcast”