The Not Having Sex Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
2stepz
First Video: .

Re: The Not Having Sex Thread

Postby 2stepz » 17 Jun 2012, 11:30

NOW you're hungry.
GaProgMan
First Video: 1337 - 64K

Postby GaProgMan » 17 Jun 2012, 11:50

*looks at the insta-noodles he made for him self*
*looks at the pic that 2stepz posted*
*A single tear falls from his eye*
Avatar image is part of Vanilla Jester's Draw-A-Thing series on LRR forumers
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 17 Jun 2012, 12:51

OM NOM NOM!

Now you can make some more for everyone else :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 17 Jun 2012, 13:34

Wait wait wait....

In response...

I pay a white, a blue and five other mana....and use Over-rule. Geoff, I counter your nomming unless you pay five mana. *pokerface*
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

Dibria
First Video: The Job

Postby Dibria » 17 Jun 2012, 13:38

Fenrir wrote:I pay a white, a blue and five other mana....and use Over-rule. Geoff, I counter your nomming unless you pay five mana. *pokerface*

Magic the Gathering references in the Not Having Sex thread, way to prove some stereotypes...
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 17 Jun 2012, 13:39

uhhhhhhhhh...

Lightningbolt!
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 17 Jun 2012, 13:43

Dibria wrote:
Fenrir wrote:I pay a white, a blue and five other mana....and use Over-rule. Geoff, I counter your nomming unless you pay five mana. *pokerface*

Magic the Gathering references in the Not Having Sex thread, way to prove some stereotypes...

You're making the very common mistake of confusing me with someone who gives a rats ass .... :P

Besides - I think we *all* know it was bound to happen eventually.

ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 17 Jun 2012, 15:53

One can always hope.
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
Askwho
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Askwho » 17 Jun 2012, 19:19

For shear acuaracy, +1 to whatevever cout we have got to. Count this as a purmalurk. Not good with the actual human interaction.
GaProgMan

Postby GaProgMan » 17 Jun 2012, 21:08

I'll raise my hand and say that I, genuinely, don't have a clue what this refers to
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 17 Jun 2012, 23:43

I tap three blue and use Cancel. Your Over-rule is hereby overruled.

Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 18 Jun 2012, 00:15

@ Ga - Magic : The Gathering :P
@ Geoff - *highfive* :D :P

Dibria

Postby Dibria » 18 Jun 2012, 04:24

I pay two and redirect both of you to the Magic the Gathering thread.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 18 Jun 2012, 05:32

Bump in the Night

(I don't know anything about Magic)
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 18 Jun 2012, 07:22

@Dibria: Techically you need to use two redirects, one for each of us, but I'll let it slide.

So now that's over can we get back to eating?

Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 18 Jun 2012, 07:39

Psh, spoil sport.... ;)

Yes I suppose we should get back to the eating of noms.

MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 18 Jun 2012, 09:16

While at a party a girl I have been flirting with for a while cried on my shoulder about a friend of hers. Then led a guy who made dirty jokes about her underwear into the bathroom.

Guess who's not going anywhere anytime soon, this guy!
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Dibria

Postby Dibria » 18 Jun 2012, 09:44

Skamakazi wrote:While at a party a girl I have been flirting with for a while cried on my shoulder about a friend of hers. Then led a guy who made dirty jokes about her underwear into the bathroom.

Sometimes the 'women love bastards' concept seems to be scarily accurate... I like to pretend it's not the case but the more I think about it the more it seems true.

Why? Why flirt openly with 'nice' guys and then go dissapear into a corner with someone who is allergic to keeping their shirt on and thinks the greatest praise you can level at something is that it is 'bitchin'? Oh right, the lack of shirt, answered my own question.
Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 18 Jun 2012, 11:00

One could argue it's not so different with men (from a homosexual stand point at least). They flirt with the "nice guy" and then go off with the asshole whose only interested in casual sex. Why? Because they're built like a brick wall, can barely string a sentence together and are general utter morons.

AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 18 Jun 2012, 11:14

Dibria wrote:
Skamakazi wrote:While at a party a girl I have been flirting with for a while cried on my shoulder about a friend of hers. Then led a guy who made dirty jokes about her underwear into the bathroom.

Sometimes the 'women love bastards' concept seems to be scarily accurate... I like to pretend it's not the case but the more I think about it the more it seems true.

Why? Why flirt openly with 'nice' guys and then go dissapear into a corner with someone who is allergic to keeping their shirt on and thinks the greatest praise you can level at something is that it is 'bitchin'? Oh right, the lack of shirt, answered my own question.

Are you sure she actually knows you're flirting with her, and not just being friendly?

NEWSFLASH PRO-TIP: The whole thing with "girls like douchebags not nice guys like me" isn't, in general true! What girls (and guys!) appreciate is people who are confident and know what they want and are able to vocalize it. So-called "douchebags" often have this in spades. The guy who made dirty jokes about her underwear likely made it abundantly clear he was interested in her (or in her underwear?) thus leading to bathroom shenanigans.

Unless they really just are an asshole. In which case, it's not a problem with women.("Women love bastards!") It's a problem with assholes. ("Assholes love other assholes!") In which case, why do you want to be with them in the first place? Move on and let them be an asshole to someone else.

Moral of the story: USE YOUR WORDS. If you do, and someone's an asshole, KICK THEM TO THE CURB.
ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 18 Jun 2012, 12:26

Don't actually kick them to the curb though, that will earn you a severe case of sued :mrgreen: .
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
GaProgMan

Postby GaProgMan » 18 Jun 2012, 12:54

AlexanderDitto wrote:Are you sure she actually knows you're flirting with her, and not just being friendly?

NEWSFLASH PRO-TIP: The whole thing with "girls like douchebags not nice guys like me" isn't, in general true! What girls (and guys!) appreciate is people who are confident and know what they want and are able to vocalize it. So-called "douchebags" often have this in spades. The guy who made dirty jokes about her underwear likely made it abundantly clear he was interested in her (or in her underwear?) thus leading to bathroom shenanigans.

Unless they really just are an asshole. In which case, it's not a problem with women.("Women love bastards!") It's a problem with assholes. ("Assholes love other assholes!") In which case, why do you want to be with them in the first place? Move on and let them be an asshole to someone else.

Moral of the story: USE YOUR WORDS. If you do, and someone's an asshole, KICK THEM TO THE CURB.

Whilst I have no leg to stand on, here*. Ditto is right on the money. Let the asshole be an asshole, just not near you. I've been doing a very similar thing with friends recently... kicking assholes to the kerb, that is.

I've known too many useless people in my short life (I'm 26), so far, and they only get in your way and drag you down. The last thing you want is to be connected to one of them through sex or a relationship. They drag themselves down, and they drag others down with them.

* = I totally don't have a leg to stand on, because I seem to be crushing on this one girl quite a bit. I know that the "Life isn't complicated, we make it complicate" argument exists, but it just seems like the situation I find myself in is one of the few exceptions. I wont go into detail (in this topic), but let me just say this "Tell her that I'm crushing on her!? ARE YOU MAD!?"
Dibria

Postby Dibria » 18 Jun 2012, 13:13

AlexanderDitto wrote:Are you sure she actually knows you're flirting with her, and not just being friendly?

I was more commenting on how women, at parties tend to gravitate towards the jocks, this is not an asshole thing, it's a physical attraction thing, the same way you tend to find an attractive girl with a low cut dress has a lot of men around her at a party. This is not an ill reflection on the people that are drawn to them, attractive people draw people in regardless of how vacuous or assholey they are. Sarcasm may be harder to detect in writing but it was there.

Also on a side note, you may not have agreed with my view or that of Skamakazi but your format and wording comes across as condescending, try being a little more supportive when someone is obviously venting an irritation about something relevant to the topic.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 18 Jun 2012, 14:04

Why look for women in a place that isn't full of guys like you? I mean... it doesn't take a genius to draw a conclusion from a common pattern.

And why do "nice guys" get so offended when someone they were crushing on doesn't rewards their decent human courtesy with sex and a relationship? What, were you only treating that other human being like another human being with the expectation you'd get something for it? How incredibly selfish and assholish.

I've seen a lot of guys on this forum skirting dangerously close to this and I'm tired of it. You don't get a relationship as a reward. You get a relationship because you've formed a connection with someone and established that that's what you both want. You don't get one because you buy someone things, or do everything they say, or follow them around with puppydog eyes and compliments.

I know it's maybe harder to do than say, but just go meet people, make friends without expectations of them, and let connections form organically. Maybe it'll take time, but what good thing doesn't?

OT part of my post; I'm still not having any sex. But that's fine. It's not really a very important part of why I want to see my gf in person... I just want to be with her.
Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 18 Jun 2012, 14:34

Ok, while I get that you were trying to show some kind of support and I do actually agree with parts of what you said - I have to say that your post, in my opinion, was more than a little unfair. You also came across (again, in my opinion) as somewhat condescending as a result of the wording of the post.

While it is indeed fair to say that it takes more than simply being a decent human being to make any kind of progress towards a relationship, I believe you missed the point of what both Skamakazi & Dibria were saying. Like it or not they did make some fairly valid points. Women do tend to gravitate more towards the jocks in such social situations and if you're the "nice guy" whose constantly in the "friends zone" in this situation than of course you're going to be left feeling cynical about such things.

I also think it's incredibly unfair to assume that simply because the nice guy feels discouraged or disheartened over their crush not "rewarding their decent human courtesy" as you put it, that it means they were only treating them that way in order to get something in return.

A lot of it comes down to confidence. What guy *wouldn't* have their confidence shaken when they have to watch the person they've been crushing on waltz off with "that jock" who can't keep it in his pants? If they feel like that's always going to be the end result then I wouldn't blame them for being more than a little disheartened.

I'd also like to point out that you're perspective on the matter is that of someone who is presently in a relationship. And you're right - a lot of what you said is easier said than done.

As Dibria said, "... try being a little more supportive when someone is obviously venting an irritation about something relevant to the topic."

Return to “General Discussion”