Vanilla Mafia- Town Wins!!!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Re: Vanilla Mafia- Day Three

Postby octopimpostor » 30 Aug 2012, 13:06

Please no talking, and pm me your night moves please. :)
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Re: Vanilla Mafia- Day Three

Postby TheRocket » 31 Aug 2012, 08:07

honkshoo honksoo...(I'm going to be travelling out of the country this weekend so don't take my silence as suspicious if I don't get a chance to respond if I'm still alive come mornnnnning)
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
octopimpostor

Re: Vanilla Mafia- Day Four

Postby octopimpostor » 31 Aug 2012, 14:36

As the sun rises in the morning, everything is peaceful in the town. However, due to the small number of people still alive in the town, they notice that someone is missing. The town decides to search the graveyard to see if they can find their missing friend. They come upon the mangled body of dutchguy.
dutchguy is dead.

Day 4 begins now. There are 6 people left, it takes 4 to lynch. Good luck.
Dubious_wolf wrote:

[/quote]
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 31 Aug 2012, 18:11

Well that was vindicating... and also a little nerve wracking since it was pretty risky to stick my neck out like that. WHEW!

Okay... so I've named our serial killer The Silent Killer because so far (s)he has knocked off the quietest person in every day. No idea who they might be though...
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 31 Aug 2012, 21:03

Woo, we're master lynchers!

You're right about silent people vanishing. I would say it was Master Gunner, since he was the one who suggested getting rid of the non-participants first, but clearly that's not right, since he was killed... I'm feeling like it probably isn't Rocket, and iamafish, as previously mentioned, would likely be more involved if he had a power. I don't know what the killer's powers would be, but if it could detect what someone's allegiance was before killing them they wouldn't want mafia dead, so it's less likely you.

That leaves Jack or SilPho. It's too late for me to go back and look over the evidence tonight, but SilPho kind of strikes me as the serial killer sort (:P).
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 01 Sep 2012, 03:20

well, i'm glad i started talking more towards the end of yesterday, or i might have been killed. I'm not sure who our killer is, but we need to get him today or tomorrow, or else we lose (assuming he/he kills one person tonight and tomorrow night and we lynch someone each day)
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 01 Sep 2012, 08:27

At least we have two shots.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 01 Sep 2012, 14:16

But who? I mean, I suspected SilPho, and still do a little, but it could be anyone.
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 01 Sep 2012, 21:48

JackSlack and SilPho have definitely been the most random so in general so far. That kind of haphazardness seems to point toward non-affiliation.

If we had to pick now my gut would lean towards SilPho. There isn't any real evidence but that feels like the best place to go for me.
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 01 Sep 2012, 22:42

That's three FOS's on SilPho, I observe.
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 02 Sep 2012, 14:59

My order of suspicion from least to most:

JackSlack (I know I'm not the serial killer), TheRocket (I don't buy that Octo would let her be too absent if she was), JamFalcon, Iamafish (Seriously quiet throughout the whole game and I'm now beginning to believe it was a deliberate strategy), Aeric90 (Certainly been the most active in leading the lynching co-ordination, which could be a cunning strategy), and then SilPho, for reasons I absolutely cannot pin down.

Let's do this. Vote: SilPho.
SilPho

Postby SilPho » 02 Sep 2012, 22:39

JackSlack wrote:Aeric90 (Certainly been the most active in leading the lynching co-ordination, which could be a cunning strategy)

Wouldn't that be a better reason than some unknown hunch? May I point out that while I've been interested in advancing the game (and have e-mail alerts set up for it, which explains my frequent activity) I haven't been forcing the lynches. That's why I was happy to talk about food and llamas, which you all thought was a mafia tactic anyway.

Besides, Jack, you tried to get a lynch based on a random number generator. Sounds pretty cold and calculated to me.
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 02 Sep 2012, 22:49

True, but that was more an opening gambit to force the game ahead than anything else. (Note I dropped it like a hot potato the moment something sounding better to me came up.) It is pretty cold, but it's not a serial killer move. Frankly, it's too random to be a serial killer move, where you'd think a strategy would prevail.
iamafish

Postby iamafish » 03 Sep 2012, 03:29

JackSlack wrote:Iamafish (Seriously quiet throughout the whole game and I'm now beginning to believe it was a deliberate strategy)

deliberate-ish. I decided to be quiet once I realized that i would have limited chance to check the thread for some periods of the game. Thought it might be nice to try being a quiet one for a chance, rather that a vocal one, which is how I normally am. Doesn't mean i'm a serial killer though ;)

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 03 Sep 2012, 09:10

At this point anything will be a shot in the dark, so I'm just going to go with Jack on this.

Vote: SilPho

I wrote a book!
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 03 Sep 2012, 10:18

I'm going to quietly change my vote to Change vote: no vote for now while I hear from more folks.
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 03 Sep 2012, 17:33

JackSlack wrote:Aeric90 (Certainly been the most active in leading the lynching co-ordination, which could be a cunning strategy)

I stuck my neck out pretty hardcore and took a huge risk yesterday that would have resulted in me being lynched today if it hadn't panned out. I was lucky that I guessed right an it did. For town that works okay. Town wins if someone from the town lives. If I was a neutral I would have a different win condition, otherwise the game would be over now. I would not have benefited in anyway from the vote going the wrong way. It's was too risky.

Whoever this last person is was probably never the first person to speak up.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 03 Sep 2012, 18:28

I would just like to say, before someone looks back and finds this out, I'm rarely if ever the first person to speak up. It's not because I'm hiding anything, it's because I don't want to paint a target on myself.

I wrote a book!
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 03 Sep 2012, 19:26

Duly convinced, Aeric.

Vote: SilPho
octopimpostor

Postby octopimpostor » 03 Sep 2012, 20:48

2 votes for SilPho
Dubious_wolf wrote:

[/quote]
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 04 Sep 2012, 08:12

Okay. Devil's advocate again cause I hate voting without some form of evidence.

So it's evident that we had at least 2 loners. Without knowing Geoff_B's power it's hard to tell but what if the loners were working together? We only had 1 SK kill on both days that Geoff was still alive and the SK kills continued after. What if he had a partner?

So looking back on that day TheRocket, SilPho, JackSlack, and myself all voted for Geoff_B. DutchGuy didn't vote, expressing confusion over getting onto the bandwagon. iamafish didn't vote and came to Geoff's defense when I cast another vote for him.

So FOS: iamafish...

For now.
iamafish

Postby iamafish » 04 Sep 2012, 08:29

that's pretty flakey reasoning -

1, there's no reason to believe that Geoff was allied with the SK. Geoff was unaffiliated, but there was nothing in the description of him indicating a SK - having more than one unaffiliated person is not uncommon (geoff might have been a 'survivor'), having the two of them allied (essentially creating a second mafia faction) is not unheard of, but it seems pretty unlikely to me.

2, my objection to your suspicion of Geoff was entirely reasonable - i merely pointed out that it would be unskillful mafia play to off the person who voted for one of you. I didn't vote for him because enough other people did that he was dead before anything i could say or do would make a difference, also i wasn't really paying attention to the game...

My Twitter

SilPho

Postby SilPho » 04 Sep 2012, 08:41

Seems strange that iamafish is suddenly more active now that the serial killer is the one people are aiming for.
iamafish

Postby iamafish » 04 Sep 2012, 08:45

it's more that we only have half a dozen people left, so lurkers are highly unhelpful, especially if we need to get a lynch - 4 out of 5 people need to vote for someone, so if one person is lurking, you need complete unanimity. Given Rocket is not around today, lurking would be even more unhelpful

My Twitter

JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 05 Sep 2012, 03:54

Yeah. I'm not ruling iamafish out, but I don't think his suddenly becoming more active is an indicator. But I admit to not having a very good idea any which way.

Return to “Video Games”