Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby wartjr2373 » 20 Nov 2012, 17:53

Out of curiousity, does anyone remember a user by the name of wartjr2373? He was a not insignificant poster from a few years ago.

Watching Desert Bus has revitalized my desire to be a part of the LRR fan community. I hope I will have everyone's support as I attempt to slowly reintegrate myself into this wonderful group of folks.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 20 Nov 2012, 18:02

I do, in fact, remember you. Welcome back.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 20 Nov 2012, 23:31

Yay, I was remembered.

I feel like a newcomer again, except the post count gives me some credibility I hope.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 23 Nov 2012, 09:26

Hello, I'm new here and I'm hoping I can have a good time in hanging out with you guys since I really like your work.

A small bit about me:
I'm interested in video games and comedy, which is why I love you guys so much, and also interested in politics, hence why I love when Dr Kathleen has one of her lectures in Desert Bus. Also it means I have a tendency to waffle about boring stuff a lot, so if I do that just tell me to save yourself hours.

My favourite game of all time is perhaps FFIX. Honestly, I'll defend it to the last as to why I think it is the best FF game there is. My favourite game currently is either Xenoblade Chronicles, best Wii game there is, Catherine, as it's the only game I'm good at (True Fact: I was the first person in UK to beat the second online super hard level) and lastly Valkyria Chronicles, as it's also one of the few games I'm actually good at.

So yeah, I'll try and post here as often as I can, but if anyone want to mail me and chat about anything, then feel free to! I enjoy talking to people, even though I can be quite shy. : )

Oh and I should mention, even though I have Valkyrie in my name, I'm actually male. I just love Valkyries since I think they're super cool! : 3
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Efhan
First Video: The Arms Race

Postby Efhan » 23 Nov 2012, 10:48

Welcome Valkyrie-Lemons!
HURRRR
First Video: uhhh... prolly ENN... most of it...

Postby HURRRR » 23 Nov 2012, 11:02

Kathleen wrote:Now, I see that we have 73 users

Well that's a little out of date...

Howdy! I am yet another of what is probably a seasonal deluge of new members. Like many others no doubt I come riding in on the ebbing tide of DB6, of which I saw all too little (15 hours straight Monday, and then every day thereafter before and after work, still just a drop in the bucket). I'm sad that I passed out last night and missed the grand finale, which by my guess must have been only a couple hours later.

I've been watching LRR videos for an indefinite amount of time, but watching DB6 (my first) instilled in me the desire to be closer to this rather rad phenomenon, so here I am. HURRRR was my name in the chat (Not that I'd expect you to recognize me, but my personal crowning moment of awesome was getting told by Scott Kurtz for repeatedly asking the crew to put a hat on K-Straub. He said to "stop trying to control his head"), and that took exactly as long to come up with as you might expect, a testament to how unprepared I was for the awesomeness. Otherwise I would have been something awesome... yeah.

So... Me... m/24/Montreal. College degree in cinema, University degree in English lit. This is Quebec so education is uh... wheee... different... and before this gets TLDR I like stuff and food and air KTHNXBYE
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 23 Nov 2012, 11:39

Valkyrie-Lemons wrote:My favourite game of all time is perhaps FFIX. Honestly, I'll defend it to the last as to why I think it is the best FF game there is.

I can see where you're coming from with that but I think there is a strong case to be made for FFVIII :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 23 Nov 2012, 12:13

Valkyrie-Lemons wrote:My favourite game of all time is perhaps FFIX. Honestly, I'll defend it to the last as to why I think it is the best FF game there is.

Geoff_B wrote:I can see where you're coming from with that but I think there is a strong case to be made for FFVIII :D

A strong case for the worst one maybe. : P

I really didn't like that game for so many reasons!

And thanks for the welcomes guys! ^__^
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 23 Nov 2012, 14:20

:shock: :( :cry:

I don't like you anymore :(

HURRRR
First Video: uhhh... prolly ENN... most of it...

Postby HURRRR » 23 Nov 2012, 14:54

hehe congrats on being the first person I've ever heard of who likes FFVIII
warkface
First Video: Feed Dump: Bad Cops & Strong Pops

Postby warkface » 24 Nov 2012, 11:01

Hi everybody! (Hi, Dr. Nick!)

So, let's see. I guess I'm still semi-new to this whole LRR thing. I know I've watched a video or two before, and I've been aware of Desert Bus pretty much since it's inception, though I never really watched more than a few minutes at a time until more recently. I guess I really started getting into LRR this time last year, when my then unemployment gave me ample time to watch hours of Desert Bus on end, and I decided I needed to get in on this. Since then, I've watched all of Feed Dump, all of Unskippable, the more recent Checkpoints and LRRs, and have been slowly trolling through the back catalog at random. More recently, I've watched way more DB6 than was probably healthy, and having fixed the previously mentioned unemployment problem, was happy to be able to donate to it for the first time.

Non-LRR stuff aside, I guess I'm a pretty typical mid-to-late 20s geek dude. I'm from Minnesota, which might help explain why I like LRR, since Minnesota is basically South Canada. Other than that, I hope to stick around and am already looking forward to DB7, insane as that is.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 24 Nov 2012, 13:18

Get in the bag.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
jiawen
First Video: Don't remember; maybe co-op with Yahtzee

Postby jiawen » 24 Nov 2012, 23:36

warkface wrote:Non-LRR stuff aside, I guess I'm a pretty typical mid-to-late 20s geek dude. I'm from Minnesota, which might help explain why I like LRR, since Minnesota is basically South Canada.
I'm also a recent forum addition, and I'm also from Minnesota! warkface, maybe we've met at a local con...?

I probably got into LRR through one of the Yahtzee crossovers, though memory fails me. LRR has always struck me as being both gut-wrenchingly funny and kind of gentle (unlike so many other comedy series, it doesn't dwell on insult, misogyny, etc.), which seems to extend to the fan community, too. Nifty! That's why I'm here.

My actual name's Rachel, but I do answer to 嘉雯。 Like a lot of nerds, I'm into lots of things, but especially tabletop RPGs, amateur astronomy (still working my way through the Messier list) and East Asian Studies (my day job is teaching Mandarin, blar de blar).
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 24 Nov 2012, 23:40

Welcome all the new people! I'm still kind of new around here myself I've only been on here since August or September but everyone has been really nice. Great place to come to and just talk about whatever really :)
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 25 Nov 2012, 04:42

Hi everyone! Please enjoy your stay.

And please remember not to feed the Elomin...

Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 25 Nov 2012, 05:30

Also, watch out for the dragon, beware the broom closets, and don't get yourself clubbed. :D
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 25 Nov 2012, 06:14

Wait, we have a dragon?

Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 25 Nov 2012, 10:12

There's always a dragon, isn't it a rule or something?
Utilitarian
First Video: Checkpoint 01

Postby Utilitarian » 25 Nov 2012, 11:30

LRR Dragons breath noxious clouds of Club Soda
Look at the cards. LOOK AT THE CARDS!
The Saga of Ballchannels: My Dwarf Fortress Let's Play
warkface
First Video: Feed Dump: Bad Cops & Strong Pops

Postby warkface » 25 Nov 2012, 12:11

jiawen wrote:I'm also a recent forum addition, and I'm also from Minnesota! warkface, maybe we've met at a local con...?

Perhaps? Though, the only CON I really go to is CONvergence, and for the most part I'm more or less a spectator there more than anything else.

I probably got into LRR through one of the Yahtzee crossovers, though memory fails me. LRR has always struck me as being both gut-wrenchingly funny and kind of gentle (unlike so many other comedy series, it doesn't dwell on insult, misogyny, etc.), which seems to extend to the fan community, too. Nifty! That's why I'm here.

That's kinda what struck me, too. It's kinda hard to put into words. I guess you could say I can't help but emphasize with pretty much all the characters in anything I watch, so any humor that relies heavily on characters feeling awkward and uncomfortable (most sketch comedy I've seen is guilty of this) just makes me feel awkward and uncomfortable as a result. That doesn't seem to be LRR's style of humor, which surprised me. I mean, I honestly kept waiting for them to do something Ben Stiller-esque, and when I finally realized they weren't going to, I gained a great deal of respect for them.
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 25 Nov 2012, 12:25

Mustelids mustelids mustelids~ *oozes into thread*

Helloooooo all you new people!
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
WindbornMuse
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby WindbornMuse » 25 Nov 2012, 12:40

Hey all. Long time watcher, first time poster. And by long time watcher I mean I've been watching LRR for almost a year now. Decided to join in the fun here, as the community seems amazing to be a part of.

A bit about myself; I am an avid fan of MtG (clearly) and also enjoy a wide range of gaming. I am from Ohio, and am currently working on a degree in Theatre/Stage Management. But I think the most interesting thing to put here is that I am a professional Clown and character entertainer for a local Entertainment company.

That is me in a fun colored, geeked out nut shell.
It's only going to be more awesome than an army of Hamsters riding bareback on Unicorns while playing the bagpipes on their way to Candy Mountain.
stansytbh
First Video: It's very simple

Postby stansytbh » 25 Nov 2012, 16:40

Hello there! My name is Ben, and I'm a 26 year old human person from the United Kingdom.

I came across 'It's very simple' one day which introduced me to LRR. I then subsequently stumbled upon the end of Desert Bus 3, a both terrifying and mesmerizing experience in equal measure, which sealed the deal as far as me being a fan goes. I hit an all time high of hours watched this year on DB6 (120+ hours) - that's what comes of being unemployed!

I'm a rugby player and track cyclist, but also a gamer of over 22 years and a lover of fantasy and sci-fi - something I kept pretty secret throughout my school years as noone where I lived was even remotely interested in those things. It's a shame, it put me off buying MTG cards and looking for somewhere to try out D&D - better late than never though, expect to find me asking for some advice on MTG starter decks etc - I got Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012, but it just isn't the same as having the cards!

A (vaguely) funny point about my username - My surname is Sands, and therefore my highly original nickname was 'Sandsy', someone then managed to misspell it by adding a T and dropping the D. No idea how they managed that, but I guess it stuck! There are people who still think my actual name is Stan!

Cheers for now!
jiawen
First Video: Don't remember; maybe co-op with Yahtzee

Postby jiawen » 25 Nov 2012, 20:49

warkface wrote:Perhaps? Though, the only CON I really go to is CONvergence, and for the most part I'm more or less a spectator there more than anything else.
I've been on a few panels there (mostly related to tabletop RPGs), but yeah, it's easy to be a face in the crowd there. It's so huge!
I mean, I honestly kept waiting for them to do something Ben Stiller-esque, and when I finally realized they weren't going to, I gained a great deal of respect for them.
Totally agreed. Ben Stiller stuff (well, most of it anyway) just makes me feel bad, not entertained. LRR achieves entertainment sans awfulness.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 26 Nov 2012, 04:25

stansytbh wrote:Hello there! My name is Ben, and I'm a 26 year old human person from the United Kingdom.

Woohoo! A fellow Briton! Although explicitly saying that you are a human person sounds suspiciously like something a bot trying to avoid suspicion would say... :D

Welcome aboard!

Return to “General Discussion”