Congratulations to the LRR couples on their engagements!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Valliac
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Re: Congratulations Graham & Kathleen!

Postby Valliac » 26 Nov 2012, 11:57

"Come here, QWOP! Come here!"

Think about that, and a child learning to walk.

I had to stop because I couldn't breathe.
"Also known as a 'Trigger-operated EVERYONE deterrent'."
Streaming at: http://www.twitch.tv/Valliac

LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 26 Nov 2012, 12:03

"Qwop?"

"Yes?"

"We need some milk. Would you mind going to the store?"
MyNameIsIe
First Video: Phailhaüs - X?

Postby MyNameIsIe » 26 Nov 2012, 12:11

I sew things, I write things, I do laundry for people who do interpretive dances to Afternoon Delight.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 26 Nov 2012, 12:15

It actually really frustrates me that kids are apparently the next logical step from marriage. People don't have to have kids! Frick, you guys.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Nov 2012, 12:16

Yeah - get pregnant first, THEN get shotgun-married.

But, I'm very traditional.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 26 Nov 2012, 12:18

Really, can we stop about the kids and move back to the congratulations. This is kinda weird people.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Nov 2012, 12:18

The kid names just came out of discussing possible joint names, because as stalkerish, overly obsessed, fans, that's what we do. I don't think any of us expect them to have kids anytime soon, but we can still mine potential humour out of the possibilities.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Nov 2012, 12:19

Metcarfre wrote:Yeah - get pregnant first, THEN get shotgun-married.

But, I'm very traditional.

WAIT DOES THIS MEAN GRATHLEEN ARE PREGNANT
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 26 Nov 2012, 12:19

Yeah I agree I think some people are rushing this a bit. It's all in good fun tho I'm sure no one here is serious about baby names already.
MyNameIsIe
First Video: Phailhaüs - X?

Postby MyNameIsIe » 26 Nov 2012, 12:22

Yeah, I was on team-not-talking-about-babies, but then Qwop happened.
I sew things, I write things, I do laundry for people who do interpretive dances to Afternoon Delight.
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 26 Nov 2012, 12:23

It's always QWOP...
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 26 Nov 2012, 12:24

I just thought the concept of naming a baby qwop would be amusing, I wasn't actually demanding they do it.

However, I see the point and I apologise.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 26 Nov 2012, 12:40

Master Gunner wrote:The kid names just came out of discussing possible joint names, because as stalkerish, overly obsessed, fans, that's what we do. I don't think any of us expect them to have kids anytime soon, but we can still mine potential humour out of the possibilities.

Hm.. Nope, still not a fan of that excuse.. There's no reason at all to be talking about joint names. As I said, *personal* lives are *personal*. Keep it that way, damn it! D:

Hell, you can be a fan of someone's work and not do odd things like *planning their possible future*, even if it's all for comedy's sake. It's still creepy.

Master Gunner, please don't put everyone on the same level, because there are clearly many in this thread who aren't doing that. That = Being stalkerish and overly-obsessed.
Unoriginal69
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Unoriginal69 » 26 Nov 2012, 12:42

I too wish to extend my heartiest 'congrats'!!!!

Second cutest couple EVAR!!!!
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 26 Nov 2012, 12:59

MattAn wrote:
Master Gunner wrote:The kid names just came out of discussing possible joint names, because as stalkerish, overly obsessed, fans, that's what we do. I don't think any of us expect them to have kids anytime soon, but we can still mine potential humour out of the possibilities.

Hm.. Nope, still not a fan of that excuse.. There's no reason at all to be talking about joint names. As I said, *personal* lives are *personal*. Keep it that way, damn it! D:

Hell, you can be a fan of someone's work and not do odd things like *planning their possible future*, even if it's all for comedy's sake. It's still creepy.

Master Gunner, please don't put everyone on the same level, because there are clearly many in this thread who aren't doing that. That = Being stalkerish and overly-obsessed.

Thing is no one is planning their possible future. All people are doing is making jokes out of previously existing memes or funny things that have been said.

If someone was actually being serious, yeah, then it'd be creepy, but seeing as no one is and neither Graham or Kathleen has stepped in to say 'yeah guys, that's creepy' it seems to be no harm no foul.

Don't want to start anything, but I think it's a sad case of pointing fingers when you accuse someone of being creepy while you're speaking up for a couple that can well enough speak for themselves.

In the end, this is a thread dedicated to a happy occasion, so let us try to be just that, okay? :)
Last edited by Deedles on 26 Nov 2012, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
Hurp-De-Durp!
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 26 Nov 2012, 13:02

Fayili wrote:It actually really frustrates me that kids are apparently the next logical step from marriage. People don't have to have kids! Frick, you guys.

I feel the same way, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to pretend that "Congratulations" had been suggested as a baby name rather than simply an exclamation.
LonelyAngel
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby LonelyAngel » 26 Nov 2012, 13:06

Holy Bus you guys, this is amazing news! I don't frequent these forums nearly often enough, but whenever I do it's pure gold. Last summer I was browsing here and posted about my gaming website, and gained some new friends and writers, and also noticed a post about a certain happy couple coming to a town near me. I attended the gathering day LRRndon day 1 and hung out with some amazing runners, and spent as much time with you guys as physically possible. It's clear you guys were made for each other...

And today I swing past to see what's up... and this... Wow. Congratubilations to you both. And no, I won't be using Grathleen. Congratuwell done to you Graham and Kathleen.
Check out my new gaming website at: http://www.finalbossfight.co.uk
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 26 Nov 2012, 13:12

Okay, thanks to Kris Straub I now have the perfect response to this bit of news:

... now I think we need to have a talk about which one of the three of us has to sleep at the foot of the bed so we can all fit.
ImageImageImageImage
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Nov 2012, 13:27

Regarding live-streaming the wedding, I'm assuming everyone's thinking about having a chat monitor so they can respond. I was assuming that if it's done (which I doubt) that it'll just be a camera so we can watch.

Also, I've hated the "joint names" from the start. When did that start up, and where can I get a time machine so I can go back and gag the person who started it?
Elomin Sha wrote:It'd probably be in the same manner when they explained that they moved in an opening of cH with four lines of dialogue.

Graham: "Hey Kathleen, do you know why I have a ring on my finger?"
Kathleen: "We got married."
Graham: "When?"
Kathleen: "This morning."
Graham: "Oh right."
cH intro music
This. Totally this. I want to see this now.
MattAn wrote:And maxx111, we all know Kathleen wears the pants in the relationship. :P
She wears the jeggings in the relationship. :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Fraszoid

Postby Fraszoid » 26 Nov 2012, 13:35

Congrats Graham and Kathleen! I hope you have a long and happy life together. I am eager to see what new ideas and material spring from this wondrous moment for you two! Once again, I wish you both all the best.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 Nov 2012, 14:01

On rare occasions when universal topics occur, pretty much all Forum users will interact with each other more than usual. Normally we have our threads of preference and we understand users who post commonly in those threads.

So when threads like this happen, people will make jokes. And people will get the wrong end of the stick because they don't know the other forum users well enough.

Its unfortunate the misunderstandings happened. Lets all GZ and creep back to our usual threads and not linger case we start to interact socially again.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 26 Nov 2012, 14:29

AdmiralMemo wrote:*snip*
This. Totally this. I want to see this now.
*snip again*
She wears the jeggings in the relationship. :D

All of my very yes. :D Wall Plaid, AdmiralMemo. Wall. Plaid.

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:On rare occasions when universal topics occur, pretty much all Forum users will interact with each other more than usual. Normally we have our threads of preference and we understand users who post commonly in those threads.

So when threads like this happen, people will make jokes. And people will get the wrong end of the stick because they don't know the other forum users well enough.

Its unfortunate the misunderstandings happened. Lets all GZ and creep back to our usual threads and not linger case we start to interact socially again.

O.. Kay? I'm sensing some "cool group" vibe from this. What up wit dat? No point waving forum e-peens of "I've been here longer!" or whatever. That's dumb. :/

There's definitely a limit before it just becomes "these people aren't human, so we can totally talk about their personal lives". I personally don't see that as ever being okay. Whether on TV, internet or whatever, personal lives are personal for a reason.

As AlexanderDitto (I think) said, sure was a better/wiser decision not to make a big deal of it during Desert Bus.. Congratulations was, and still kind of is, enough, y'know.. When you're making "jokes" or legit talking about names for babies and particular wedding stuff for serious (which some posts seem to allude to), it's absolutely creepy.

I also remember Graham saying something along the lines of "it's really not the business of the internet at large".. Which is true, it isn't. All I'm saying is tread lightly.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 Nov 2012, 14:43

Eh? No? I'm just saying that tone and context of communications are very hard to distinguish through text alone.

I wasn't talking about their personal lives, I was merely mentioning terrible name puns. I agree the serious posts are creepy.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 26 Nov 2012, 14:46

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:Eh? No? I'm just saying that tone and context of communications are very hard to distinguish through text alone.

I wasn't talking about their personal lives, I was merely mentioning terrible name puns. I agree the serious posts are creepy.

Oh, sorry, wasn't referring to you specifically on that, just in general. I was curious about the "people coming out of caves known as threads on the LRR forum" thing, but that's about it. o.O
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 26 Nov 2012, 14:46

Holy crap guys, chill out. This entire thread is ten pages of people joking around and having fun, and a bunch of crotchety old farts screaming, "NO! You kids stop having fun this minute! How dare you have fun! Not on MY internet!"

If you don't want to read something, then don't read it. It's not everyone elses job to only ever talk about things that your eyes approve of.

If a moderator chooses to intervene, then fine, but it's not anyone elses place to tell someone what they can and cannot talk about in a public forum.

Return to “General Discussion”