Humble THQ Bundle.

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Humble THQ Bundle.

Postby Kapol » 29 Nov 2012, 13:34

So... This is a thing.. All I can say is that it's the best value I could possibly imagine for $6. Because seriously. I really, really regret buying all of those games for so much now.
zfubarz

Re: Humble THQ Bundle.

Postby zfubarz » 29 Nov 2012, 13:42

Meh I own almost all of them and have already beaten saints row 3, but I'm still giving them my money, I love the CoH games, Metro is a surprisingly atmospheric and interesting game, darksiders is obviously fun.

and saints row 3 is one of the best/dumbest/most fun games of the last few years

The only one I don't give a shit about is Red Faction, but I'd gladly support it to get another along the lines of the previous games.

if you havne't played any of them you're missing out really.

if only for the fact that THQ isn't doing great and I Really want to see saints row 4 some day I'd say chip in and give 20% to them. plus FOR THE CHILDREN damn it.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 29 Nov 2012, 13:48

I only already have Metro2033; hell with it - I'm in, I got paid today and I can shave $10 off to replenish my Paypal acct before Netflix wants its monthly payment.

Huh; here's a thing about how much INTO THE FUTURE we've become:

I've just bought *does math in head* about FIFTY GIGABYTES of AAA games for $10, and I'm downloading them and should have them in a handful of hours.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 29 Nov 2012, 17:55

Blah. Man, I'm kind of sad, honestly. Because really, none of those games excite me much; one reason I love the Humble Indie Bundles is because it alerts me to indie games I should be paying more attention to.

Also, because I use a mac.
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 29 Nov 2012, 19:02

I agree with almost every word in this article except for 'I'm going to buy a bundle'.

Seriously, this bundle is really surprising and disappointing from Humble Bundle.
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 29 Nov 2012, 19:43

what's wrong with giving bigger name games away for charity now and then?
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 29 Nov 2012, 19:47

It's damaging to the Humble Bundle brand, basically.

• The Humble Bundle stood for DRM free, multi-platform releases. This is a closed, DRM'd, single platform sale. That is entirely about Steam. It's a Steam sale, in effect.
    • The Humble Bundle stood for indie, and rewarding the creators. This set rewards the publisher, with most of the original creators now no longer working with the company.
    • The Humble Bundle represented an alternative to the industry standards. This time, it's working with them.

If you do wish to buy them, I recommend sending all your money to charity. Do not reward Humble for this, nor THQ.
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 29 Nov 2012, 19:59

I see this a as a case of people injecting meaning where there is none. The Humble brand has stood for helping raise money for charities, and has done a damn good job of it. Everything else is a bonus. Nobody complained about Amnesia Fortnight, and it's not giving anything but prototype access and a vote on what gets picked. It's far more self promoting than this is. but because they're a small company it's cool. THQ has literally no benefit from this unless people choose to give them money, none of these brands have releases coming soon, so other than building good will and giving gamers a chance to play games they might have missed there's no real perks.

I've bought I believe all but one Humble Bundle since its inception always over the average and often that means I only actually get one item since many are repeats, but that doesn't mean it's any less worthwhile. Don't let your hatred of corporations (Both Steam and THQ are pretty decent ones at that) get in the way of helping those in need.
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 29 Nov 2012, 20:05

Well, in my case I wasn't going to anyway (Mac user) but I can't help but see it as corporate bandwagoning. If you're keen to raise money for charity, like I said, you can buy these and do that without rewarding either THQ or Humble.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 30 Nov 2012, 01:54

Holy Bus! I don't own any of those games! This seems like a great deal. I don't mind the steam DRM, I own steam anyway. I do get that the bundle is less interesting than the indie ones, but the last indie bundle I owned already. And thanks for the article JackSlack: If THQ is just hanging in there for the money, they ain't getting mine. Charity to full ensign!
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 30 Nov 2012, 07:12

I'm going to get one mainly because I don't own any of those games and a few bucks is a small price to pay if I don't like them. Definitely all to charity though.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 05 Dec 2012, 12:36

The Amnieisa fortnight bundle will be windows only(when they are done) and lets be honest double fine will probably approach publishers with the prototypes once they are done.

Bastion was published by WB, Amnesia the dark decent was published by thq for retail release.

1 of the mojam bundle games is windows only, another dosent work on linux.
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||

Return to “Video Games”