Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby KiteNeravar » 14 Dec 2012, 02:07

It is fucking 5am and you can't even keep fucking quiet? you can't keep those fucking bitches quiet? Seriously you were loud till fucking 2am and then loud again at fucking 5am waking me up? I have a fucking three hour drive to make this morning, and you can't be god damn courteous and keep fucking quiet? You are not the only fucking person here, you know you are not the only person here, how about being a good person for once in your life and SHUT THE FUCK UP!!
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 14 Dec 2012, 03:37

living with students? ^
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 14 Dec 2012, 03:46

Don't worry bro, their room-mates probably piss in their toothpaste for you.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
leapy
First Video: One of the old ENN ones, it was ages ago

Postby leapy » 14 Dec 2012, 06:25

MotorWaffle wrote:Trust the internet people. Just...just trust it.

It's a well documented fact that whenever an American studio buys the rights for a British film, TV show or some other IP and try to make an American version for their domestic market they will fuck it up. They will get rid of the very thing that made it special in the first place and then be confused when their dumbed down version pans.

Shitty Yank remakes (off the top of my head [all names are British originals]): Shameless, Coupling, Skins, Absolutely fabulous, Steptoe and Son, Dad's Army, The Inbetweeners, Red Dwarf, Flight of the Phoenix and the greatest travesty of all, A pilot of the cult classic: Spaced.

I'm sure that there have been many more over the years. In fact the only Remake that has received accolades as far as I can remember is The US version of The Office, but then I always thought The Office was a bit shit anyway.

That's not to say that America can't make great TV, The Wire anyone? Just then when they take short cuts and try to recreate somebody else's success they inevitably fuck it up.
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 14 Dec 2012, 06:31

leapy wrote:Shitty Yank remakes (off the top of my head [all names are British originals]): Shameless, Coupling, Skins, Absolutely fabulous, Steptoe and Son, Dad's Army, The Inbetweeners, Red Dwarf, Flight of the Phoenix and the greatest travesty of all, A pilot of the cult classic: Spaced.

You forgot The Young Ones :mrgreen:

Anyway, this weather is too damn cold!
KiteNeravar

Postby KiteNeravar » 14 Dec 2012, 06:33

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:living with students? ^
Yes a law students, while I finish up my masters and find a job.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 14 Dec 2012, 06:55

A couple of my friends are bloody, fucking idiots.

I do not fucking need to deal with your fucking shit.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 14 Dec 2012, 11:14

1. Bitch, don't you dare start complaining about people not giving you enough notice of days they need off work when this weeks' schedule didn't get posted until Friday, and when I come in the next Monday and the entire fucking schedule is changed.

2. If I'd really wanted to be a bitch, I would have said that I already made plans based on the original (late) schedule and couldn't work any of the changed shifts. But no, I was trying to be nice so I just went with it, even though you replaced all my good shifts with shitty closing shifts.

3. And now you're seriously going to try to tell me that I have to work Friday even though I gave the shift to someone who wasn't working that day (who for some reason was only given ONE shift this week,) because "we need four people working so we're going to make you both work"? Uh, why didn't you SCHEDULE FOUR PEOPLE? Less than twenty people work here, how can this be so fucking complicated? And how dare you tell me that "we already scheduled him in" when I physically watched him scratch out my name and write in his own?

4. Another girl agreed to work my shift tonight, but my phone has been blowing up all day so no doubt they're trying to get a hold of me to tell me that one of the people called in sick and they "need me to work." Well fucking deal with it. Maybe I'll be more persuaded to bend over backwards for you people when checks and schedules start coming out on time.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 14 Dec 2012, 11:26

Not an especially major vent, but I just tried drawing for the better part of an hour and had to scrap what I'd done. It was going fairly well, too, until I realised I'd made a mistake which rendered all my work up to that point essentially a waste of my time.

And then when I tried to carry on, I found that the artistic mojo had left me. :?
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 14 Dec 2012, 12:06

20 children are dead, at least 8 other people are dead, countless lives ruined in Connecticut and New Jersey. In thirty minutes of news reports 4 people have suggested that the murderer may have gained his skills by playing online video games, because many young men like those types of games, and this just proves what can happen because of these games.

FUCK YOU!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 14 Dec 2012, 12:29

^
I have no words, so I may have to blatantly steal some.
You know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the news media instantly pointing at video games as the problem and people using this horrifying event as an excuse to go off half-cocked at the throats of their political opponents.
Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably pissed that I've come full circle.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 14 Dec 2012, 13:58

Lord Hosk wrote:20 children are dead, at least 8 other people are dead, countless lives ruined in Connecticut and New Jersey. In thirty minutes of news reports 4 people have suggested that the murderer may have gained his skills by playing online video games, because many young men like those types of games, and this just proves what can happen because of these games.

FUCK YOU!

You know what else all young men these days have? Cell Phones! I'm telling you, they are turning us all into mindless killing machines!!
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
KiteNeravar

Postby KiteNeravar » 14 Dec 2012, 14:05

20 Children between the ages of 5 and 10. All because some fucking coward had a problem with his parents. This was only an hour from where I live.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 14 Dec 2012, 14:15

So, prettymuch what I just said on the EC facebook post.
Shouldn't America, as a whole, be more concerned with helping those that just lost their fucking kids than pointing at nerds and going "THEY DID IT! THEY MADE THE KILLING GAMES, GET EM!"

Fucking priorities people.

Which also, to be honest, and I AM sleep deprived right now so try and go with this post.

Can't we gamers as a whole just look at this and for once say "No, we're not going to play this game" and then maybe just go on and do whatever good we can for this situation? Just see what the media is doing and straight up say "Not today, today we ruin your bullshit."

Instead I predict all the major gaming sites and the like flipping their absolute shit over this whole thing and simply no good will come of it at all.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 14 Dec 2012, 15:09

It's shennanigans like this "video games are to blame" that provoked Jerry & Mike to found Child's Play; we need more things like that, and more 'P.R. spin' on the good side of gaming.

...oh wait, that would never get reported by The Media because "if it bleeds, it leads". Image

I've been dealing with witch-hunts and borderline libel by the media of my hobbies (D&D, video gaming and Rock & Roll) for...well, the finger-pointing has been going on longer than my forty years of life in some cases.

And it's really sad and wrong, but I'm almost apathetic about the news of this horrific event...and it's not because I'm a satanist role-player who blares demonic music while training myself on 'murder simulators'...

...it's because I've had forty fucking years of mainstream media sensationalistically bathing me in the blood of every person who's died in the past hundred years (I swear I have some film clips of WWI memorized to the point that I could choreograph a live reenactment of them - "...as they charge up out of the trench, a shell spews up a gout of dirt ahead and left of them, and the soldier on the far right of the group suddenly drops his rifle and falls prone, his lifeless body sliding back down the slope...")

Nooooo, years and decades of "...and we'll bring you all the shocking details at 11..." on a daily basis has NOT contributed at all to my desensitization and apathy... :roll:
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 14 Dec 2012, 20:46

Just once I'd like to see "Before and After" pictures where the before picture doesn't look like it was taken from a webcam in 1995.

Also, this new YouTube layout can eat a bowl of dicks. It has to be the worst layout they've ever used.

I can't even just surf around looking at neat shit because my Recommended Videos never change, and are mixed into the same list as the Uploads from the channels I'm watching.

It's basically become completely useless unless I'm going there with a specific video in mind, which is pretty rare.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 15 Dec 2012, 06:40

Why, when I notice that the Radio Programme The Now Show has started up again, it's already on episode 6.

GOD DAMN IT
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 15 Dec 2012, 07:58

I'm never excited when exams are over. I just have a general feeling of worry and obsession until the marks come out. Sometimes the marks don't come out until January, which means I'm left feeling anxious for quite a while. Some people don't look at their marks until well into the second term, which confuses me. How can they live with not knowing? Surely knowing something, especially so important to your future, is better than not knowing?

And now what am I supposed to do with all this free time? Damn it. I don't want to go home, I want to stay here and go to class so the people I hang out with have an excuse to be here. A lot of them live in the neighbouring cities and commute here so we can't really hang out outside of school.

I'm just kind of lonely. I need school - it gives me purpose in life. Though maybe it would help if I ate breakfast...
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 15 Dec 2012, 11:05

You have us.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 15 Dec 2012, 13:11

Aye, you will ALWAYS have us. *heartfelt hugs* Image

...that said, I hate you, simply for the reason that you're a human being. ;)
I hate myself for the same reason, as I do my wife, my friends, my stepdaughter, etc. etc.

We are a stupid, lazy, selfish, ignorant, childish, spiteful, malicious and utterly irredeemable species.

We can't even read a fucking sign placed at eye level. We can't take two seconds to think ahead to what'll be needed by the next person, we can't be bothered to actually check and confirm we're out of Something so we beg/borrow/steal some Something from someone else, and go to put it in the place we normally keep our Something only to find we DO have some Something still...

...I really gotta get out of retail/customer service SOON. If I persist at this deli job much longer - what with the holiday shopping bringing out the REALLY dense chuzzlewits that can't remember which wall the front door they came in through is on - I swear y'all are gonna be reading on the news feeds how a Newfoundland supermarket deli clerk snapped and fatally stabbed five people with one of those soft, flexible plastic serving spoons...
leapy

Postby leapy » 15 Dec 2012, 15:20

Cybertrash wrote:You forgot The Young Ones :mrgreen:

Oh God! They didn't?

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:Why, when I notice that the Radio Programme The Now Show has started up again, it's already on episode 6.

GOD DAMN IT

I'd just like to say that I've caught every episode and they're on top form this series ^^
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 16 Dec 2012, 03:23

APPARENTLY INSULTING SOMEONE NOW INCLUDES TYPING NORMAL LANGUAGE IN CAPSLOCK.

THEY ARE OFFENDED BY BIG SCARY LETTERS.
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 16 Dec 2012, 08:32

Eep
leapy

Postby leapy » 16 Dec 2012, 16:16

Insomnia. Yay.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 16 Dec 2012, 16:43

Had a fight with my roommate. We've been good for months, few problems, most issues resolved pretty amicably.

But recently things have been building, and it always feels like I'm the one giving ground. She decides that I don't buy household supplies often enough, so I went out and bought two of everything. And then put up a small Christmas tree because she was saying how the apartment didn't look christmassy. She complains about me playing my guitar, so I start taking my guitar to school and playing during the day, rather than when I get home. There's a mess in the kitchen, we don't know whose responsible, I clean the kitchen anyway. Her garlic press goes missing, I never use the garlic press, because I never buy raw garlic, but I help her look.

Now, I know I'm not a perfect flatmate, I sometimes forget dishes, I play the guitar and that can be noisy... etc, but I'm willing to work through pretty much any problem, because frankly I don't want drama when I come home.

But then yesterday someone made a mess in the bathroom. And apparently it was me. Because only me and her were in the house at the time. Never mind the fact that the time she describes the mess occurring is when I was passed out asleep in my bed. I'd had a long week, with little sleep, and had just finished a 22 hour day on 4 hours of sleep, so I was pretty knackered. And so when I slept, I SLEPT. I woke up at 12:02, I know because that's when my alarm went off. She says the mess was there at 11, and wasn't there at 9. Nevertheless, she is convinced it's me and that I'm lying.

So today, I'm playing the banjo, because I think that she has left the house for work. She starts laying in to me about playing with an amp on Sundays (a banjo doesn't use an amp), because she apparently hasn't left yet. She decides that I'm lying when I say that I thought she was out and starts having a go at me, and brings up the mess in the bathroom (Which I cleaned up anyway, because I'm a good person). I finally snap, and start shouting at her, about how I'm sick of being accused of things in the space where I live, and how I couldn't have been responsible because I was asleep.

Notice, I went straight for facts. I was asleep, I woke up at this time. She immediately starts attacking my character. Calling me smelly, lazy and immature. She says that I'm playing some kind of mind game because I'm angry with her. And so now I spend the rest of the day feeling upset and exhausted.

I don't shout at people in real life very often. I don't lose my temper very often because I don't like the person I am when I lose my temper. Also because, I'm six foot six, if I lose my temper in an argument and start shouting at people, suddenly all anyone can see is a giant ape whose about to lose his shit. It makes me look like a loose cannon, and when my flatmate is little woman of five foot nothing, it makes me look like a wife-beater. This is not who I am, nor how I like to be seen.

So now I'm upset, feeling paranoid, questioning myself, and I don't know how I'm supposed to move on with this when she gets home. I've been ignoring my homework, and I'm just feeling shit in general. Not a great thing when I'm supposed to be going to my folks next week. I wanted to leave New York in one piece, so that I could come back ready to start everything fresh and energized after my holiday rest.

And I want someone else to fix this, but I know I'm going to have to do it myself.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.

Return to “General Discussion”