The thread of win

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: The thread of win

Postby JustAName » 13 Dec 2012, 13:54

That final I just took. I think I aced it. And since the class overall wasn't going perfectly, that's pretty nice. Now to study for tomorrow. >.<
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 13 Dec 2012, 14:03

W00tles for Kirkygirl! I'm utterly beat (see below) but reading that instilled me with the thrill and excitement and anticipation that I'm sure she was (and still might be) feeling. :)

As for me? Today was payday.

And a day off.

So I spent the entire day running around doing xmas shopping, on top of all the usual groceries/pay bills/etc. of a payday. It was exhausting; we took longer than I usually suffer through a work shift (just shy of nine hours out and about). It was cold and windy but sunny (and dad needs to clean his windshield - I got a glare-induced headache ;) ). I had TWO phases where I just wanted to curl up and nap, my hips and lower back were aching for a short while, and by the end of it, I couldn't feel the arthritis pains in my various leg joints, couldn't feel my bladder complaining about not being emptied, and could barely string words together to converse with check-out staff.

...but it's DONE. Gifts have been found, purchased, and packaged.

I don't have to mess with that shit until 'Boxing Week Sales' (for when I splurge on myself, etc.)

Cue my friends who are back in town for the holidays - yet haven't called back for about a week - to ask me to go out and do shit tonight. ;)
empath

Postby empath » 13 Dec 2012, 15:35

auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 13 Dec 2012, 16:07

(Sorry it's so blurry)

Got this at the thrift store for $15. The frame is a bit much and I'll be replacing it soon, but the image itself is quite striking. This is why I buy thrift store art: you can get original paintings for $15. So what if they're by nameless artists... someone poured part of their life into making this and both their commitment and the image itself make it beautiful.
Kirkygirl
First Video: Son Of A Bitch

Postby Kirkygirl » 13 Dec 2012, 16:15

Aww thank you empath! :D What a great day for you! :)

Also you are very very evil. remind me not to piss you or zxyst off, I think you guys might pull off something similar to what this guy did. :P

-Kirkygirl
Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 13 Dec 2012, 21:51

My left ear is un-impacted enough that I can hear properly again! YAY!

I really needa get to a doctor one of these days and explain how that keeps happening every couple months.

In other news, finally, FINALLY found the new offspring album for download in 320kb/s.

And all I have to say about that is Dance fucker dance.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 14 Dec 2012, 04:44

So last week I had a session in my college-owned studio as an assistant engineer as a part of my course. We're told to do as many of these sessions as we can to get experience in the studio and what not but we have to sign up with the studio manager so we can all get time in there.

It was supposed to be a 12 hour session from 10am-10pm but when I got there no one showed up. I got a call later saying the first six hours were cancelled and the database was down so they didn't have my number to call me and let me know but I could still come in for the latter 6 hours which I did and it was awesome.

This morning I woke up to the studio manager calling me and saying that there's another session on today that I can do from 4pm - 10. He called me first because he felt bad about last week and wanted to know if I was up for it. The people running this place are full of win :D
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 14 Dec 2012, 13:26

I am about to fly home to Canada for three weeks.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
empath

Postby empath » 14 Dec 2012, 15:11

Heck, you might be on the same flight as my best friend's girlfriend! :)

Bon voyage, nonetheless, and may your all-too-brief stay be wonderful and happy!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 14 Dec 2012, 17:31

Whelp, wrote the GRE today. Got 99th percentile on verbal, 75th percentile quantification (math). So that's pretty good. Felt good about the essays, too, so I'm pretty confident they'll come back with good scores.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 17 Dec 2012, 05:39

Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
empath

Postby empath » 17 Dec 2012, 12:02

"...sonofaBITCH; sign me up!"

:mrgreen:
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 18 Dec 2012, 16:30

Managed to catch the product I was after in stock and bought it. It'll be in store on Thursday to be picked up.

Secondary win; just went to watch The Hobbit. Rather excellent.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 18 Dec 2012, 16:52

Being given a selection of Biscuits which are 50% volume of chocolate is pretty win. Especially when they're M&S biscuits.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 18 Dec 2012, 17:43

My girlfriend got a job in the railway selling tickets and so is finally out of a terrible McDonald's job that was making her suicidal :D
Kirkygirl
First Video: Son Of A Bitch

Postby Kirkygirl » 18 Dec 2012, 18:31

What's win? James. What's even more win? James and Ashley. What's even more win than that? Those two getting engaged over the weekend. Congratulations you guys!

-Kirkygirl
Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 19 Dec 2012, 13:13

So I've been a relatively sedentary person for most of my life, primarily the result of three factors:

1. My respiratory system sucks.
2. My feet/knees are awful.
3. The internet is endlessly amusing.

I've never been any good at sports so I spent most of my time inside being a squishy nerd.

But in the summer I ended up going for a lot more walks because there's stuff to do near my house. Unlike in my hometown, in my uni town there are some great parks around, marvelous for exploring equipped with an mp3 player and a wandering mind. There are some pretty sweet shops too.

Anyway, lately it's been a lot easier to run than it used to. I still can't do it for very long but it doesn't kill me like when I was younger. My likelihood of being able to survive a zombie apocalypse is much higher than it once was. That's win #1.

Win #2 is that lots of people have been telling me I look like I've lost weight, which is pretty nice. It also means my knees have to do less work when I step. I was surprised initially, as I've been told numerous times that just walking a lot wasn't enough exercise to have any real impact.

Win #3 is it's doing some great things for my mental health because my addiction to daily walks lets me get out of my room and contemplate the bigger things in life instead of my essay due the next day.

Long story short exercise is pretty awesome.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 19 Dec 2012, 15:13

Gratz Uber.

I was able to drink Alcohol for the first time in 2 years tonight. I got drunk one one glass of wine!
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
empath

Postby empath » 19 Dec 2012, 17:36

Yeah, Your Majesty Of The Eggplants; zyxst noticed the same thing; she's stuck with low-impact workouts (XBX, walks - or when the weather prevents that, a 'walking workout' video and some work with lighter freeweights) and she's found that the improvement in her health and capability quickly improved geometrically. She's since 'plateaued' a lot after about a year and OVER NINETY POUNDS!, but her current state is fine as is. :)

tl;dr - yeah, you GO, gurl! :D

Oh, and laaadies - Keab's a cheap date! ;)
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 19 Dec 2012, 22:52

I got to hang out today with friends, one of whom I haven't seen in almost exactly a year (new years last year) and another whom I haven't seen since summer.

We played a game of Monopoly, then played a game called Fortune Street. It's kind of like Monopoly with a bit of Mario Party thrown in, plus a stock market, and Dragon Quest characters as well as Mario characters. I was worried since it seemed like a weird game. And it was. But we had an amazing time. The AI is bull (which is something I'll rant about in venting), but it actually brought us together to the point we didn't care who won as long as the AI lost.

We played three of those games, one of which I intentionally lost, and ended up eating a bunch of junk food. Overall it was a great time. :D
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 19 Dec 2012, 22:56

Seeing friends I have not seen in almost a year and a half.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 20 Dec 2012, 01:51

Aubergine, for people already on a normal to low weight, just walking isn't going to make much of a difference. For someone with a more sedentary lifestyle, just taking a walk or a bike ride a few days a week can make a huge difference.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Phailhammer

Postby Phailhammer » 20 Dec 2012, 02:14

Kapol wrote:I got to hang out today with friends, one of whom I haven't seen in almost exactly a year (new years last year) and another whom I haven't seen since summer.

This is kind of how I spent the better part of the past couple of days. There was only one person there who I hadn't seen for a while. We played the Battlestar Galactica game, then Twilight Imperium. I had not played either before, but they were certainly enjoyable, even if I was in a shitty position for most of the Twilight Imperium game.
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 20 Dec 2012, 04:12

Were you the Cylon and did you try to murder everybody?
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Phailhammer

Postby Phailhammer » 20 Dec 2012, 04:31

No to both. :P I actually won the game for the humans by triggering the final jump just before the Cylons could screw us.
FictionPress stories:

Return to “General Discussion”