I met the nintendo lady.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
YamaroV2

I met the nintendo lady.

Postby YamaroV2 » 24 Apr 2007, 21:03

Yeah. Sounds weird, but listen up. I was at the EBGames in langford (I work out there and had a 2 hour gap between shifts) looking for classic DS styluses. (Stylii?) A staff member walked close to me, checked the DS demo units to make sure they were on, so I asked.

"Do you guys carry any classic DS styluses?" "Sure, just follow me."

I follow her. To my.. Amazement, she has a plastic transparent box filled with an assortment of DS cartridges, the oddest looking DSlite you'll ever see, and a bag containing several hundred styluses. She hands me two. I just look at them, since DS stylii.. Aren't cheap. Turns out, she isnt an EB employee, she's a nintendo rep who was updating the DS Download Station. The reason for the bag of stylii was because many DS owners still love the classic, "fat" DS, so she always has some on hand. So, it was cool. I met the nintendo lady.

And she gave me her grey, plastic sticks.
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 24 Apr 2007, 21:06

Nintendo is so for the win...I did went on a tour of their HQ in America (in Redmond) and it was friggin' awesome. My friend won it in an auction and took me and my brother; their cafeteria is called the "Mario Cafe". They also gave us a lot of free stuff...basically, it was awesome.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 24 Apr 2007, 21:08

My brother beta tests for Playstation and it's pretty rad. I played Starwars Battlefront 2 a year before it came out. My friend was pretty amazed when I kicked his ass the day it came out.

I also played a beta Shadow of the Colossus. Some of the colossi in the actual game are different than those of the beta, like the sky-dragon one.
I can't think of a signature.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 24 Apr 2007, 21:10

Yeah me and my brother tested Mario Kart: Double Dash about 4 months before it came out 8)
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
blackdragontaz
The Goddamn Batman

Postby blackdragontaz » 25 Apr 2007, 09:15

:cry: I want awesome video game connections like you guys. That would be soooo cool.
The Thrill

Postby The Thrill » 25 Apr 2007, 14:04

I totally played Pong while it was in development. Back then the still didn't have the second paddle working yet so it was kind of one sided.
I'm a very boring person.
browncoat

Postby browncoat » 25 Apr 2007, 15:31

Yeah, good thing I convinced Nolan to add a multiplayer-mode.
The story-mode really sucked.
Can't take the sky from me. Again.
The Happy Friar

Postby The Happy Friar » 25 Apr 2007, 16:32

i've met the local nintendo rep too. Nice lady. :)
Captain_Anarchy
FOOLED YOU!!!

Postby Captain_Anarchy » 25 Apr 2007, 21:27

And someone has never worked retail. Reps are just normal people. Normal people who know way too much about a product.
My hand to God. Baby geese. Goslings. They were juggled.
-Wash
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 25 Apr 2007, 22:16

also; consider the appearance of a nintendo rep to be a remarkable occurrence. they are exceedingly rare. the sony and microsoft reps are common, coming around once to twice a month, but the nintendo rep *maybe* visits an EB twice in a year.

-m

I am not angry at you.
The Happy Friar

Postby The Happy Friar » 26 Apr 2007, 18:51

Captain_Anarchy wrote:And someone has never worked retail. Reps are just normal people. Normal people who know way too much about a product.

i've never seen a company rep NOT dressed in a suit. she wasn't. I found that noteworthy.

Return to “General Discussion”