The Third Annual LRR Forum Secret Santa! (CLOSED)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Re: The Third Annual LRR Forum Secret Santa! (CLOSED)

Postby LogicSword » 21 Dec 2012, 10:14

My present has now been sent! It won't arrive before Christmas (sorry!) but it's good to finally have it moving to the distant land of [not Yorkshire].
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 21 Dec 2012, 10:41

I am the worst Secret Santa. Ok, maybe not the worst, since I do in fact have a gift and intend to send it out.

But I don't know where all my (very small amount) of money has gone. I think it all went on Christmas presents for my family. I won't get any more until Christmas Eve, and I doubt I'll be able to send it out that day.

So my gift will, I can say with complete certainty, arrive late. I just hope that it is awesome enough to compensate for that. :?
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 21 Dec 2012, 14:32

SENT. My package is now at the mercy of the postal service.

However it's not shipping out until Monday so it won't make it for Christmas. I am very sorry about this, my schedule has been a lot more hectic than I originally anticipated. But it's sent, so hopefully that counts for something.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 22 Dec 2012, 04:22

AND YOU ARE OUTTTAAAAAAAAA HERE! (well yesterday). Put the second fastest possible, (fastest was 30 bucks) but it's "delivery on BUT not guaranteed" the 24, so if not then, you'll have it on wednesday.
As I think there was a post, but don't want to look for it (maybe the first one?) does rocket want the tracking?
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 23 Dec 2012, 17:37

A little birdie told me my secret santa present arrived.

THIS little birdie.

Thanks, Santa!
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 24 Dec 2012, 15:58

So, not ten minutes ago the mailman knocked on my door and handed me a package. After wishing him a merry Christmas and warning him about the almost comically iced over parking lot at my apartment complex I took a quick look at the box:

Really? You have it get delivered on Christmas Eve? Damn, that had to have taken all sorts of logistics and planning. Way to be dramatic, Santa.

Enough about that, what's in the box?!

Could it be?

It is1 Santa has sent me LEGO for Christmas! I've officially reverted back to being five, but dammit, I just don't care :D

Thanks, Santa! Whoever you are...

Meanwhile, on my front, I think my package is having some difficulty making it's way to it's destination. With that in mind I've sent a digital care package of sorts to help with the wait. Don't worry, Santee, there is still a real-world package on it's way.
ImageImageImageImage
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 24 Dec 2012, 16:03

Uh... Van? I don't think you can link to images that're in your Dropbox. At lest, you can't put them in BB code.

Maybe try uploading them elsewhere?
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 24 Dec 2012, 18:46

So! Just today, I got my Secret Santa package!

You can see the logo there on the bottom (something I forgot to put on mine)

I like when the presents are wrapped in the box, so I don't just see, "Here's everything, whee."

Ooh, a kid's book. I don't have any kids, but this looks cute.

Ooooh, foreign candy. It's got two wafers with airy chocolate mousse on the inside. It reminds me of something we have over here, but I'm not sure what.

Bacon Soap. Hrm. Hang on, I got just the guy on this one.

"Bacon Soap? Really?"

I'll probably try this on my hands before washing my whole body with it. We had some bacon jelly beans that were wretched, so I wanna see what they think bacon is supposed to smell like.

That just leaves whatever's in this here tube.

Oh, no.

And it comes with very specific instructions. It even says it's good on English Muffins, a staple of my Toast Reviews...

Alright, then. Let's find out what scoundrel sent me this.

There wasn't really a way for me to censor my Secret Santa, but now that it's almost Christmas, I figured, what the hell. Also, I think what she wrote is really clever.

Thank you very much, Secret Santa!
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 24 Dec 2012, 19:03

dear secret santa,

Your box arrived today, yes on Christmas eve, while we were walking out of our apartment after loading the last load of stuff from our move.

We locked the door and walked up the half flight of stairs as the postman opened the door, wearing a Santa hat and a beard. With a hohoho and a Merry Christmas, he said, aren't you the good little boy and girl from unit 3? I have a package for you, I ran it right out. I think its from those guys that talk like pirates to me every September 19th do you know them?

Its a Christmas miracle arranged from the state that thinks its a mitten but everyone knows they just have glove envy, but I dont blame them, we got a great lake named after us, and all that carries their name is a cheep gas station beef stick.

I cant wait until tomorrow to open the bag and see whats inside. I wasnt going to open the box but we are unpacking at our new house and my mother saw a box so out came the razor with a flick and a slash and out popped the bag with a "whats in here"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 24 Dec 2012, 21:49

It's now officially christmas, so it's officially time for me to open my gift! I took pictures.

The outside of the package. It was a bit beat up during shipping, so I had to hope that everything was alright instead of opening the package to be sure.

Inside, there was a letter to dear old Kapol.

I was surprised to see that little comment that I had mentioned in another thread. It was entirely true though. So I found the Sigarda mentioned.

Well, it's going to be hard to sleeve it up, and I might get some weird looks. But it'll work and it looks amazing. :)

For a comparison to the actual card:

I now have a bag of my own!

And inside, some interesting decorations:

Must... not... blink... ever...

And he never blinks as me... *shudder*

Wheatley came back from space though, so I guess it's alright.

All in all I really liked everything. The ornaments were a bit banged up sadly. But they're still pretty healthy overall. All I can say is thanks santee. :) Now I just have to keep my eyes open. After all, if I blink I'm-
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 24 Dec 2012, 22:02

No sign of the package from my Secret Santa yet. But then, mine barely made it out the door in time.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 24 Dec 2012, 22:11

Fairly certain mine tried to be delivered yesterday, but I was out at work. Won't be able to get it till Friday now :(
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 24 Dec 2012, 22:22

Hey Vanguard, just to let you know, it's pretty easy to read your address on that first picture.

Also, that Sigarda is really nice. I'd definitely get that framed if I were you, Kapol.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 24 Dec 2012, 22:26

I'm planning to. Because I really like it and don't want to have it be damaged due to my own stupidity. Just need to figure out how at this point, especially with relatively tight funds.
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 25 Dec 2012, 01:13

The wonderful thing about canvas boards is that you can tape some string to the back of it and hang them on a drawing pin.

That is, presuming it's on a canvas board.

I wouldn't know.

Signed, totally not your santa
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 25 Dec 2012, 07:14

So pictures to follow, but having opened my gift and gotten a Wisconsin Passport. My comments are all the more funny.

I feel bad now, I need to go get better stuff for my santee and send better stuff.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Dec 2012, 07:39

Strange that my gift hasn't turned up in the US (sent over two weeks ago).
I had a gift from a LRR Member (not Secret Santa related) and it arrived within a week from Canada. It's easier to get things out of NA then getting them in.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
beramode0
First Video: Questionably Legal Man

Postby beramode0 » 25 Dec 2012, 08:25

I have opened and took pics of my present buuuuuuuut it's like 1am here so I'll just post it later.
Twitter Steam Facebook
Add as a friend/Follow at your own risk.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 25 Dec 2012, 10:31

I'll be posting later, but I did take pictures.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 26 Dec 2012, 07:08

The Bag
The Beverage
The MASSIVE BAG of Lucky Charms Marshmallows, I can only assume based on the label from a store that my secret Santa purchased 10 boxes of lucky charms and sat for a week picking them out one by one for me.
Movie one
ohh ouch, I have been burned!
Tiny chickens kept jumping out of the bag to attack me.
These pictures are in THREE D!
And the best thing. I have a passport to Wisconsin, which was wrapped in some sort of evil space polymer that was unripable, and uncuttable, and bullet proof and heat resistant, I had to open it with a lightsaber!

The best part about the passport was that I had just been telling my family how I had been mocking my santa for being from Wisconsin.

Did you know that the Wisconsin State rock is a rock that some guy found outside the capital building. and the Wisconsin state animals are the cow and the ground weevil with raccoon eyes. Their states greatest achievements are the invention of the round grain silo and when Abraham Lincoln gave a speech there in 1859, and the most famous person from Wisconsin is John Muir, who no one has ever heard of!

Oh the fun we can have with a Wisconsin passport ;)

Thank you (name redacted) this is a amazing set of gifts, I absolutely love them, you are a awesome person! It is the third best gift I got. My favorite was the big sloppy kisses my daughters gave me, and the second was the "we gave money to Childsplay in your name" I got from my brother and sister in law. But yours was a close third.

[–]Graham_LRR
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 26 Dec 2012, 15:49

So I opened my package from my Santa and proceeded to read the note (which is the orange stack of sticky notes) while I looked at the items inside.

For a Magic player who just recently got his DCI card and played in his first tournament, I feel like a Ravnica booster is a great gift, but it doesn't hurt that it is in Korean, making it super fancy.

This was a handmade gift that has some back story. In the GIF thread I said I wanted a GIF of PSY doing his horse gallop with Pinkie Pie hopping along behind on a loop.

So what does my Santa do? He made me a GANGNAM STYLE PINKIE PIE. And as much as he thinks that it wasn't easy to tell, I saw it right away and I could tell it was her.

Here's where it got a little stalker-y for me. He told me that he looked at my forum posts and my Facebook and Twitter for some ideas, which is all well and good. But it was the OkCupid profile that I haven't touched in years that inspired this part of the gift. They are cute, and he suggests that if I start DMing a game, these would be good creature figures to use on the map. XD

Being an audiophile, I love hearing new music, and my Santa knows that. He got me some a cappella and some rock CDs from Korean artists. (Side note: would the rock band be considered K-Pop, or K-Rock, or something else?)

In this little container is a nice surprise.

What international gift exchange would be complete without food gifts? Not this one. So I got some Korean sweets. The only thing that I'm worried about is the three in the red and white wrappers that are labeled as a "sweet candy". The others are apple, grape, peach and melon, but those I don't know about. In any case they look yummy.

Thank you Santa. I loved my whole package and appreciate the time you spent making it up.
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Postby PlasmaCow » 27 Dec 2012, 03:28

Received my present yesterday, a big stack of Steam Codes for 9 different games (none of which I've previously played): Bioshock 1 & 2, Fate of the World, Ticket To Ride, English Country Tune, Quantum Conundrum, 1000 AMP, Nuclear Dawn and Detour. :D
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 27 Dec 2012, 04:14

No pictures? :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 27 Dec 2012, 12:06

Hmmm. So a package arrived for me today with the LRR logo hand-drawn on the side. At first I thought it was from my Secret Santa, but the return address is the LRR Moonbase proper. I haven't ordered anything recently, but I did win 2nd place in a Desert Bus photo contest. But first place for that won a poster, & the heft of the box suggests something more substantial. So exciting!

I'm going to wait to open until I see my girlfriend tonite, so she can share the experience & so I have a photographer on hand just in case it's from my Santa.

SQUEEEEEE!
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 27 Dec 2012, 13:25

tak197 wrote:Image

I don't know what games these are for but I want them!!! They are so stinking cute!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.

Return to “General Discussion”