GPLP: Cursed Crusade

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
Utilitarian
First Video: Checkpoint 01

Re: GPLP: Cursed Crusade

Postby Utilitarian » 26 Jan 2013, 17:08

So far my favorite aspect of these videos has to be Brad's nicknames for Novembre.

So far my favorite have been "Julian Fries" and "Shut up Breakfast Burrito"
Look at the cards. LOOK AT THE CARDS!
The Saga of Ballchannels: My Dwarf Fortress Let's Play
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 26 Jan 2013, 17:28

Paul: Are you just reading off a Mexican restaurant menu now?
Brad: These names are getting hard to think of!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 Jan 2013, 18:11

Utilitarian

Postby Utilitarian » 26 Jan 2013, 18:34

That I am stuck at work and cannot immediately watch the new episode is torture. But the Gatecrash LR set review is still paused at home! I have so much awesome media and so little time!
jello
First Video: Feed Dump: Black Metal and Nudity

Postby jello » 26 Jan 2013, 18:37

Paul's shocked face is great!

And this game gets worse and worse with every hour. It's baffling.
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 26 Jan 2013, 18:43

Would it help if you just told the captain of the Constantinople guard you're sorry?
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 26 Jan 2013, 18:48

Brad reading off the Taco Bell menu absolutely killed me. It's to bad he can't be around for more stuff :( Graham must have developed homing technology to find chests and crucifixes. You seam to just know where there at now almost like your have played allot of this game... o wait.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 27 Jan 2013, 10:42

"this game not as historically accurate as it could be"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Lykos
First Video: The Job

Postby Lykos » 27 Jan 2013, 11:19

And I'm still at Part 11. Sigh. I'm hoping that I'll catch you eventually. I'm a little late because wanted to play the game myself first.
Utilitarian

Postby Utilitarian » 27 Jan 2013, 11:57

I had this wonderful moment of hope when Tacos Supreme went over to the unconscious bad guy and thought he was going to finish him off, but then was disappointed to see otherwise -_-
Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 30 Jan 2013, 23:59

I like that in this one Denz and Burrito Supreme have to save civilians for no apparent reason and complain about the other templars killing them. Considering how many people they have killed you think it wouldn't be an issue for them. Also wtf was up with that cart? Its like it saw Denz and Doritos Loco coming and freaked out.
ArchieO
First Video: Punct-uation

Postby ArchieO » 31 Jan 2013, 05:11

Foxmar wrote:Brad reading off the Taco Bell menu absolutely killed me. It's to bad he can't be around for more stuff :( Graham must have developed homing technology to find chests and crucifixes. You seam to just know where there at now almost like your have played allot of this game... o wait.

You jinxed him, he missed a crucifix in the courtyard with the clone vikings!
All my current Commander Decks
I stream Magic http://www.twitch.tv/acowen Tune in for EDH Fun Times!
Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 31 Jan 2013, 09:57

ArchieO wrote:
Foxmar wrote:You jinxed him, he missed a crucifix in the courtyard with the clone vikings!

What! I didn't even see it! He was doing so well to.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 31 Jan 2013, 11:02

ArchieO wrote:
Foxmar wrote:Brad reading off the Taco Bell menu absolutely killed me. It's to bad he can't be around for more stuff :( Graham must have developed homing technology to find chests and crucifixes. You seam to just know where there at now almost like your have played allot of this game... o wait.

You jinxed him, he missed a crucifix in the courtyard with the clone vikings!

"In the Courtyard of the Clone Vikings" is my "In the Hall of the Mountain King" cover song
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Conoros
First Video: How to speak like a pirate

Postby Conoros » 31 Jan 2013, 11:56

I cant resist saying "You're chasing the princess because she has the second relic in the city that the emperor told you about," but of course these were recorded a while back, so it wont make any difference D:
Conor / Magellus
Jakale

Postby Jakale » 31 Jan 2013, 19:04

Conoros wrote:I cant resist saying "You're chasing the princess because she has the second relic in the city that the emperor told you about," but of course these were recorded a while back, so it wont make any difference D:

I forgot her, too. I assumed Frito Burrito was making one of his nickname quips and "get your princess" was just him saying they'd succeed eventually.
SilentBuffalo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby SilentBuffalo » 01 Feb 2013, 00:18

I lost it when Mexican Restaurant would not stop kicking that one Templar. Even after Graham decided to step in and take care of it, State of Mexico still got some kicks in.
Conoros
First Video: How to speak like a pirate

Postby Conoros » 01 Feb 2013, 14:18

SilentBuffalo wrote:I lost it when Mexican Restaurant would not stop kicking that one Templar. Even after Graham decided to step in and take care of it, State of Mexico still got some kicks in.

Jakale wrote: I assumed Frito Burrito

Im hoping for an amusing coincidence of him being called Mexican Restaurant being replied to with "I'm from Spain" :mrgreen:
Conor / Magellus
CaptainSpam

Postby CaptainSpam » 07 Feb 2013, 17:18

Y'know, when I think "sound made when striking a demon's legs with a sword or axe", I immediately think "pig suffering a traumatic case of post-production audio editing". Good thing they agreed with me.
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 07 Feb 2013, 20:46

Oh yeah, Mocha Lente there was a servant of God. Like... actually. When you first encountered him, one of the main characters remarked that he wasn't cursed like most of the important people claiming to serve God, he was actually holy or something. So... I guess that's why Mount Ferret was able to summon a Dante using the thorn cross to kill him?
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 08 Feb 2013, 06:26

Okay, coming into this half-a-year late (I got a few days off so I've been catching up on ALL the GPLP's :) )...

The apocryphal story *I'd* heard was that the mongols wore silk shirts under their armor for that 'cannot be pierced and can then just pull the arrow back out', but seeing as they are the ones that came up with recurve bows of composite materials that were MUCH more powerful than anything else people had, that doesn't sound that plausible...

I WILL tell you that the strength of silk means that when it does get pierced/cut, it doesn't unravel or break up like other fabrics, thus you don't get fibers into a wound (which can make things MUCH worse).

Also, my inner completionist is raging at y'all not checking every passage and the like systematically and methodically (and apparently missing out on these excessively hidden crucifixes), but I quell him with chocolate so we're all cool over here. Really it's more a matter of obtuse and cryptic level design combined with expediency - you don't have the TIME to be running down EVERY single lead. (IIRC, by the time I finally finished the main story in Fallout 3 I had over four HUNDRED hours logged in it through Steam...but I also had a maxxed character and every side quest completed, every craftable weapon made, every home improvement, etc. :roll: )

Loving the commentary (even if it was only a tiny bit louder than the game dialogue) and some of the ideas the developers came up with...but yeesh, it's STILL a 'bad game'. :P
Jakale

Postby Jakale » 08 Feb 2013, 11:21

Huh, I was really expecting the princess to play a bigger role, even if it was just a single mission to get her to safety before she was sacrificed or written out as escped. Nope. Wonder what Bad Guy would have done if she and Tatikios had just stayed in the temple to keep her safe and relatively hidden from clearly dangerous crusade leader.

I didn't really understand why Denz gave up the relics after everyone had been killed off, since there was no one left to protect by doing so, but now that I think about it, the demon might have been crushing Chorizo and I guess he stopped for some reason after Bad Guy left.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 08 Feb 2013, 11:43

Jakale wrote:Huh, I was really expecting the princess to play a bigger role
Or, like, ANY role :D
Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 08 Feb 2013, 11:48

Wow, I didn't see that coming at all. I had figured the princess would get killed but not being stepped on by a giant demon thing. Also that demon was a complete pussy.
CaptainSpam

Postby CaptainSpam » 08 Feb 2013, 12:04

Graham wrote:
Jakale wrote:Huh, I was really expecting the princess to play a bigger role
Or, like, ANY role :D

Seriously, it looked like Paul was right, from all appearances: They needed to make the game longer somehow, they decided to add in a generic princess to save to fit this need, and they didn't even bother hiring a single female voice actor for this almost literal throwaway character.

Unless, of course, there actually was a Princess Whoever-She-Was (not the Earthworm Jim character) on historical record who was coincidentally mute and documented as being crushed to death by a giant demon. Could've happened.

Return to “GPLP”