Vegans, Balls and Whale Barf

News, with silly hats.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Vegans, Balls and Whale Barf

Postby Kathleen » 06 Feb 2013, 09:39

When Graham's away, Feed Dump starts going to the dogs.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
mew4ever23
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: Vegans, Balls and Whale Barf

Postby mew4ever23 » 06 Feb 2013, 09:45

A vegan who's making his dogs with ludicrous names follow his diet. Damn. That's a massive tool.

Also, is that an iPad mini? It looks a bit small to be a full size model.
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Postby KiteNeravar » 06 Feb 2013, 09:52

What was the rest of Kate's Eiffel Tower ransom demand? My curiosity must be sated!
CSt
First Video: cHustle: Arms Race

Postby CSt » 06 Feb 2013, 10:37

Just for the record:
The cookie seems to have been returned and the company is going to donate 52.000 packets.
Also I just wanted to mention, the money was supposed to be the reward for catching the cookie monster. There must have been a serious discussion at Sesame Street that night.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 06 Feb 2013, 14:48

I'm sad that the story about a woman poisoning her own vagina wasn't in there, if only to balance out all the balls.
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 06 Feb 2013, 15:57

... Well, at least there was a Stark in the Moonbase this time.

Beej, you are weird. Please do more Feed Dump.
I am now going to imagine Beej entering every single room / conversation with the line "DID SOMEONE SAY 'BALLS'?"
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 06 Feb 2013, 16:45

mew4ever23 wrote:Also, is that an iPad mini? It looks a bit small to be a full size model.

It doesn't show very often, but I think Kathleen is about fifteen feet tall. Hence how small the iPad looked.

But seriously, it just seems like Feed Dump gets more anarchic when Graham's not around. A fine episode indeed!
Shurtal

Postby Shurtal » 06 Feb 2013, 18:24

Am I the only one that can't view the video?

It's just empty space when I load the page.

*EDIT* Disregard this message.

Author is Derp McDerp pants who herped large derps.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 06 Feb 2013, 18:54

That's interesting, because I was having serious trouble getting it to load on the Loading Ready Run page, and ended up going to The Escapist to watch it. What have I missed which is apparently so obvious?
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 06 Feb 2013, 19:28

the URL in the RSS feed doesn't redirect to the Escapist. It only redirects to this page with no video embed.

I'll go watch the video now.

edit:
Those dogs must be so badly malnourished! Dogs are opportunistic carnivorous omnivores. They can survive for some time without animal protein, but eventually do need it. I foresee some pretty major heath issues in those dogs' future.

Also, robitussin.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 07 Feb 2013, 02:18

I can't decide who was more hilarious, Kate or Beej. You we're all on fire this week!
Also, Kathleen, you've been living with Graham to long: that "nya" sounded totally like he would have said it :D
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 07 Feb 2013, 14:17

madAlric wrote:the URL in the RSS feed doesn't redirect to the Escapist. It only redirects to this page with no video embed.

I'll go watch the video now.

edit:
Those dogs must be so badly malnourished! Dogs are opportunistic carnivorous omnivores. They can survive for some time without animal protein, but eventually do need it. I foresee some pretty major heath issues in those dogs' future.

Also, robitussin.

Dogs are omnivores, as you point out, and can live on a vegetarian diet. They're "opportunistically carnivorous" as you put it (which is redundant if you say they're omnivorous) because it's usually more difficult for them to get all the nutrients they need just from vegetarian sources in the wild. For domesticated dogs that are fed kibble, though, that's not a problem. There are plenty of vegetarian kibbles that give them all the nutrients they need. Actually most dogs that eat kibble, vegetarian or not, probably have a better diet than most humans.

Cats, on the other hand, are carnivores, and probably should not be fed a wholly vegetarian diet.

In regards to the dogs, though: there are reasons for feeding dogs vegetarian diets other than the "I don't want to kill animals to feed my dogs" argument. In particular, a large domestic dog fed normal meat-based kibble can actually have a larger carbon footprint than a mid-size SUV, because meat production is very wasteful. So that's a thing.

Plus, honestly, when it comes to kibble, the dog probably doesn't care. Vegetarian kibble is supposed to be formulated to taste just as appealing to dogs as meat-based kibble (both are artificially flavoured anyway).

(PS Good Feed Dump. Much fun. Kathleen did a great job hosting. It is a tough job, though, I can tell! :D)

Return to “Feed Dump”