Dreamfall Chapters

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Dibria
First Video: The Job

Dreamfall Chapters

Postby Dibria » 08 Feb 2013, 08:40

http://kck.st/14XAHB3

They're finally happening!

I dropped more money than I should to get a signed physical copy - anyone else excited?
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Dreamfall Chapters

Postby empath » 08 Feb 2013, 08:59

*pauses a moment before logging into 'the Secret World' for an all day immersion in Ragnar's writing*

Hmmmm...
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 08 Feb 2013, 20:11

Pledged. I can't wait! The Longest Journey is my favourite adventure game ever! (Dreamfall less so, but I figured it was just because it was bridging between the two other games).
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 09 Feb 2013, 01:07

If I wasn't so tight for cash right now I'd pledge.

EDIT: I do think it's amazing that the nearly made half their goal in the first day.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Dibria
First Video: The Job

Postby Dibria » 11 Feb 2013, 11:07

Avistew wrote:Pledged. I can't wait! The Longest Journey is my favourite adventure game ever! (Dreamfall less so, but I figured it was just because it was bridging between the two other games).

I think the problem with Dreamfall was it came in that period before adventure games became fashionable again and after the last big ones had sort of died out. If you look at the adventure games that came out around that time (eg. the Siberia series) they were all trying to force point and click problem solving into a third person action game style. Trying to look 'modern' is what I think they were going for and instead we ended up with those annoying fight parts and moments like trying to find the exact space in the room to hide April in to watch someone open a door...

I liked Dreamfall, a lot actually, it's one of my favourite adventure games, but I love it despite all its faults, and in some places because of them. Tornquist recently did an interview with Rock Paper Shotgun where he described games having soul and that those games always have issues; sharp corners and rough spots, whereas the highly polished games leave people going 'yeah that was awesome!' but being ultimately forgettable.

Oh screw it *goes to steam to redownload TLJ and Dreamfall*.
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 11 Mar 2013, 16:48

I liked The Longest Journey alot. Great story, interesting characters, silly voice acting. I didn't like Dreamfall quite as much. The stealth missions were tedious, and I couldn't get past that one with April underground. The idea was interesting, of an evil cult-empire that wants to eradicate everything magical and non-human; while on Stark technology advances to the "indistinguishable from magic" levels. But the game-mechanics got in the way of my enjoyment of the story.

As I wasn't able to finish the game, I'm still wondering if the cult was just trying to remove competitors or was trying to destabilize and combine the two worlds again, or cause some other cataclysm in hopes of rebuilding from the ashes.

When Secret world was announced, I thought it was going to be a sort of semi sequel to Dreamfall. Still think it kind of is, in a slantwise sort of way.
DeltaStrata
First Video: Canada is Sorry

Postby DeltaStrata » 18 Mar 2013, 16:31

I never actually finished TLJ...*adds to his list of games to finish. 53 now* x_x
Thank you for calling tech support, how can I be the outlet of your misplaced frustrations today?

Return to “Video Games”