GPLP: Cursed Crusade

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
Conoros
First Video: How to speak like a pirate

Re: GPLP: Cursed Crusade

Postby Conoros » 08 Feb 2013, 17:12

It's a plot twist no-one saw coming!

Not only has the bad guy not gotten to her first, but she is also actually completely irrelevant, so he didn't need to and wasn't trying to!
Conor / Magellus
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 08 Feb 2013, 19:53

*closes eyes to potential spoilers*

Okay, I'm almost finished Part 17, and I have to say, just as you guys, I have been pleasantly surprised at the breadth of things I've learned from watching this Let's Play!

Brad, you are brimming full of both awesome and interesting facts, and the way you share the latter just accentuates the former! (have you considered going into education, perhaps?)

Thanks for everything up to this point, and I hope to soon catch up with y'all and find out what's going on with this 'princess' or whatever. ;)
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 08 Feb 2013, 19:56

empath wrote:Thanks for everything up to this point, and I hope to soon catch up with y'all and find out what's going on with this 'princess' or whatever. ;)

Trust me, I'm saying the following with utmost sincerity and absolute literal meaning: You haven't missed much. :-)
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 09 Feb 2013, 06:52

*shakes head, dumbfounded at this turn of events*

You're right...well, nothing of consequence in the game at least; the commentary about it has been great. :D

{FUN FACT: Wikipedia lists about four different Theodoras in the appropriate century, most of whom were the wife one emperor of Constantinople or another, so it's a safe bet the devs took their 'princess' from one of those.}

And I should have expected this train wreck from Kylotonn, seeing as their OTHER notable title was Bet On Soldier. It's sad, really, the character and weapon models are pretty good, the individual 'finishing moves' and 'elements of combat' are quite good, and the historical background of the story is interesting as all get out, but the MANAGEMENT in getting these good things to mesh together...just...it...*BLEAH*! :P

The clipping of models, and the 'bouncy balloon' props...the utter unbelievable act of one man - burdened with heavy armor and an arsenal of weapons - lifting a twenty-foot-high portcullis (which someone forgot to lock in place), so his bro can slip under...the 'whoops - I forgot to code the animation for his dialogue in this cut scene; bah, no one will notice - ship it.'...the 'hundreds of weapon techniques' amounting to nothing much but more skill points to spend...the nice variety of weapon styles, which can easily be crippled by spending all your points in something like 'Spear and Shield', only to have the next four levels have only mace- and axe-wielding opponents...the seemingly random contortions to the game's storyline that appear to have been last minute 'shoehorning' of some element that the higher-ups (or focus groups) wanted or a deux ex machina needed to keep this burning 'omnishambles' of a train on the tracks to the next chapter...'Machu Pichu's friggin' diction...and SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, that affront to all that is good and right with the dude at the well/pit/brazier/thingy! Image

On one hand, I can't wait for this...utter *chore* for G, P & B to be over, but on the other, it'd mean the fun (and informative) commentary would also come to an end...
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 09 Feb 2013, 10:09

You forgot "banal, irritating 'fetch quest' mechanics for which only full completion is valid and most of the collectibles can't be seen unless in beast mode, rendering the game's whole demon/human/demon fight mechanic counterproductive, as the limited power gauge must be saved for puerile bullshit like inspecting stone walls and burning crucifixes."
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Postby KiteNeravar » 09 Feb 2013, 10:30

empath wrote:*shakes head, dumbfounded at this turn of events*

You're right...well, nothing of consequence in the game at least; the commentary about it has been great. :D

{FUN FACT: Wikipedia lists about four different Theodoras in the appropriate century, most of whom were the wife one emperor of Constantinople or another, so it's a safe bet the devs took their 'princess' from one of those.}

I went looking for the same info, and stumble on the entry for Mountferret, interesting read
KiteNeravar

Postby KiteNeravar » 09 Feb 2013, 10:31

Oh yeah, I'm also failrly sure that you aren't inspecting the walls, doors, etc but are charging them with your demonic power so that you can kick them in.
Tuple
First Video: The... First one... (Hi Paul! :D)

Postby Tuple » 09 Feb 2013, 12:13

Dominic Appleguard wrote:You forgot "banal, irritating 'fetch quest' mechanics for which only full completion is valid and most of the collectibles can't be seen unless in beast mode, rendering the game's whole demon/human/demon fight mechanic counterproductive, as the limited power gauge must be saved for puerile bullshit like inspecting stone walls and burning crucifixes."

Does the power bar refill by itself to a certain level (based on curse skill) after you stop using it, or is killing people the only way to refill it?
CaptainSpam

Postby CaptainSpam » 09 Feb 2013, 12:17

Tuple wrote:Does the power bar refill by itself to a certain level (based on curse skill) after you stop using it, or is killing people the only way to refill it?

It refills when you're not using it. Does so relatively quickly, too, and since it seems A) Chalupa Grande can defend himself pretty well without your help and B) nobody cares if you take your time, running away and waiting for it to recharge is a worthwhile tactic.

"Worthwhile" meaning "just short of game-breaking", but hey, something's got to be done about the stunlock, right?
CitronPie
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby CitronPie » 10 Feb 2013, 16:55

empath wrote:On one hand, I can't wait for this...utter *chore* for G, P & B to be over, but on the other, it'd mean the fun (and informative) commentary would also come to an end...

I wonder if it would be possible to do a "Brad tells us stuff about history!" podcast. Probably not, due to logistics and distant locations and that fun stuff, but I'd totally listen to that.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 11 Feb 2013, 02:11

I quite doubt Brad needs to be in Victoria to podcast.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
CitronPie
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby CitronPie » 11 Feb 2013, 11:44

True, I suppose I was thinking of having everyone together and that's not strictly necessary.
jtoyunda
First Video: Informational Presentation

Postby jtoyunda » 13 Feb 2013, 11:45

In the narration in part 22, was I the only one thinking of the oepning of The Mysterious Cities of Gold? http://youtu.be/Lfb_BBnXFHw
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 13 Feb 2013, 11:57

So glad this is coming to the end. This game was appallingly bad. Its one redeeming feature is all the buggs and glitches make it more enjoyable to watch :) also everyones commentary but thats a given.
CaptainSpam

Postby CaptainSpam » 13 Feb 2013, 16:42

Okay, I'd like to call a Triple Ken Burns foul on the one shot of the pillagers (from "The crusaders committed many atrocities..." to "Greed consumed them"). Seriously, we can see it's the same picture THREE TIMES IN A ROW.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 14 Feb 2013, 04:23

Ok, with The Cursed Crusade coming to an end, what do people expect their next game will be and with what (if any) guest?
I'm hoping for something featuring Kathleen. As for what game, Earth Defense Force would be cool, but probably far to enjoyable.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

KiteNeravar

Postby KiteNeravar » 14 Feb 2013, 07:02

Baldwin of Flanders did become Emperor Baldwin I of Constantinople, so that part is atleast acurate.

EDIT: Well I should have kept watching, Graham figures it out too
ArchieO
First Video: Punct-uation

Postby ArchieO » 14 Feb 2013, 13:30

Wow I never want Graham as angry with me as he is with this game.....
All my current Commander Decks
I stream Magic http://www.twitch.tv/acowen Tune in for EDH Fun Times!
CaptainSpam

Postby CaptainSpam » 14 Feb 2013, 13:34

"I want to hurt this [game], but I could never hurt it the same way it hurt me." -Crow T. Robot
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 14 Feb 2013, 15:18

This really brought out some anger from Graham. So much hate for this game. I really lost it tho when Graham yelled "Switch weapons you tit!" I had to pause near the end I was laughing so hard I started tearing up. You guys have the patience of a saint to replay that level so many times.
Alex the Man
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Alex the Man » 14 Feb 2013, 16:07

This game has gotten to the point where you have gotten so frustrated that you hardly make jokes, really. The joke to commentary ratio has been about halved. This has to be so painful. And dat Part 23 ending...
Last edited by Alex the Man on 14 Feb 2013, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 14 Feb 2013, 16:09

I moved from amused by it's awfulness to just yelling at the game. An evolution, if you will.
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 15 Feb 2013, 00:21

You guys are seriously some of the most masochistic people I've ever seen.
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
Mowinckel
First Video: Bump in the night

Postby Mowinckel » 15 Feb 2013, 00:48

Graham being angry at the game is just SO funny to me, this is the BEST episode so far
If I'm half-mad, then which do you think I consider my better half?
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 15 Feb 2013, 03:14

(after watching Part 23)

...Graham? Are you OK? Do you need a hug?

*hug*
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.

Return to “GPLP”