AskLRR

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

AskLRR

Postby James » 15 Feb 2013, 06:20

Recording a this weeks podcast later this morning. Question go here :)
mehall
First Video: I don't remember. It was a long time ago

Re: AskLRR

Postby mehall » 15 Feb 2013, 06:25

Why are you all so cute :3

(this is my obligatory fanboy vday post)
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 15 Feb 2013, 06:27

I really loved the "Paul as mad scientist" gag in the earlier episodes of Commodore Hustle. What made you guys decide that, and any chance of bringing it back?
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 15 Feb 2013, 06:34

How did the Loading Ready Ident (as seen in CheckPoint, Feed Dump etc) come about?
--
How much pride do you take in having over nigh on ten years gone from arty pasta making videos and time lapse footage to videos about genre savvy super villains and teleporting removal companies?
--
It's previously come up that Who You Gonna Call was the most difficult shoot you've ever done. Does that include the certain idiosyncracies about who was using the building at that time?
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
mosespippy
Location: Enemy Base, 33 Health. No wait! Own base, 100 health

Postby mosespippy » 15 Feb 2013, 06:36

Looking back on it now, how would LRR be different if Kathleen didn't lose a job over a tweet?
RedNightmare

Postby RedNightmare » 15 Feb 2013, 06:37

For each person present, what was your favorite practical joke, goof, prank gag, etc. you ever pulled during a LRR shoot?
Last edited by RedNightmare on 15 Feb 2013, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 15 Feb 2013, 06:55

If you could shoot a LRR video in any exotic location, where would it be?

Kathleen: I know you like interesting music, did you hear Jack White's solo album, if so what did you think?

Do you guys watch QI? If so, who is your favourite guest panelist?

Also, out of boredom we (I mean I) have been almagamating the LRR couples names. So far I have come up with Grathleen, Jelly and Ashames. Questions, thoughts or comments on this?
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 15 Feb 2013, 06:59

IMPORTANT:

What is your favorite type/flavour of granola bar?

If you were to select a vegetable as a snack, which would you choose?

NOT IMPORTANT:

If a Muppet were to run against Stephen Harper in the next election, would you vote for them? Which Muppet would you prefer it to be?

ACTUALLY RELEVANT:

LoadingReadyRun has been producing a lot of Magic-related material, and you've also done work for NimbleBit's Pocket Planes/Tiny Tower (you should remind people that the last Tiny Tower short came out at the end of January! It is SO GOOD.) What video game/game/property would you most like to do work for, if given the chance? (Obviously do not mention any properties you are currently doing SECRET WORK for.)

OPTIONAL:

Can you all say "The Roooooooooooooof" in unison?
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 15 Feb 2013, 07:01

Did Graham ever film that lunar eclipse he said would in the Keytars LRRcast?
--
Whatever happened to Gibb's PS3? According to Three PS3's nobody had one at the time, barely weeks after Gibb got one in Gibbstation 3.
--
Given subsequent history, do those of you who did the Sleep Dep Experiment (which I believe is just Graham at this point) look back with scorn?
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 15 Feb 2013, 07:11

What movies are you guys exited about that is released later this year?
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 15 Feb 2013, 07:19

Do you have any plans for new shirts/DVDs/other goodies in the store in the near future?
NeedNoLife
First Video: CommodoreHUSTLE 7

Postby NeedNoLife » 15 Feb 2013, 07:22

How many of the LRR crew have been outside of the North American continent and where have they gone? And do you guys like to travel?
thebookster
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby thebookster » 15 Feb 2013, 07:23

Hi!

Now that you're doing, what, 6 different series (including Pocket Planes), what series do you think is your favorite? If it's easier, then favorite to act, favorite to write, favorite to shoot, favorite to edit, etc. (they can be different)

Is there a story behind Bionic Trousers? Where did the name come from?

Graham and Paul: When did you guys officially start working on LRR full-time? Were you nervous?
ArchieO
First Video: Punct-uation

Postby ArchieO » 15 Feb 2013, 07:32

Any chance of another long running season of Commodore Hustle by which I mean like season one with a season long arc etc. I still love the current format for Hustle but season one still contains some of my favorite LRR videos of all time and I think it would be awesome to have another one like that.
All my current Commander Decks
I stream Magic http://www.twitch.tv/acowen Tune in for EDH Fun Times!
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 15 Feb 2013, 07:39

How did everyone spend Allentine's Day?
--
Who of the crew and their immediate circles would you describe as the most disgustingly cute couple?
--
Where's the Graham St sign from?
--
Has a fully uncut, unedited version of Flour ever been shown publically?
--
What is there to know about Gloop? There's no real record of it beyond the odd passing reference and it doesn't have the same mystique as other videos from that period like Starbull and After Hours.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 15 Feb 2013, 08:13

Now that you have personally driven the price of bump in the nights to the point that I can no longer ecconomicly buy them, whats next? (i said personally raktos
Standard deck play has nothing to do with the price)

I doubt I will ever be able to maintain the constant long term focus nessesary for
A career but am able to do quite well in schoolastic endevours, so I will be maximising my benifits by staying in school for a tripple major followed by stay at home dad. What majors should I pick? Alternatly what random type of class should I throw
In my schedual?

Is there a spell check program for iphone posts?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Feb 2013, 08:20

Yaxley wrote:Do you have any plans for new shirts/DVDs/other goodies in the store in the near future?
Related: Do you have any plans for old shirts/other things that used to be in the store before the switch-over (such as music) to make a return?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

mattyh0590

Postby mattyh0590 » 15 Feb 2013, 08:27

Seeing as I've just finished a work placement in a school, (on my to being a teacher) my question is this- Would you/have you ever gone into Primary/Elementary school to demonstrate/teach a session on filming and/or editing?

Btw, these podcasts are awesome, I'm glad to see they're returning more and more.
Dibria

Postby Dibria » 15 Feb 2013, 08:31

Season 2&3 DVDs?

Why are we still on 'season 8'? Your average season length is now well over a year.

Dear Dr. Kathleen, do you fear that you may lose your soon to be husband to a desertbus auction when he inevitably has a heart attack? He's come worryingly close.

Oh an congratulations to those now engaged, I wish you all the best.
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 15 Feb 2013, 08:41

Music nerds, new My Bloody Valentine album??? (Also, 22 years? Some of us haven't been alive that long.)
--
What's Chinese New Year like in Canada? Specifically, how did you welcome in the Year of the Snake in Victoria and Vancouver?
--
With the minting of Canada's last ever one cent coin last week, does anyone mourn the passing of the penny?
--
What actually happened with the season five DVD? Some of the commentaries were apparently rerecorded and I'd imagine production went on the back burner given the time period, but I don't think the story's ever been told.
--
Speaking of DVD's, now that we're getting to that stage, what're your plans for the various Loading Ready Gaiden projects (Unskippable, Phailhaus/Feed Dump, ENN/CheckPoint etc)?
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 15 Feb 2013, 09:17

Have any of you been to any concerts?

What is the pride of each of your Magic collections?

About how many Bump in the Nights would you say that you have now? Are there any plans for them? (I vote wallpaper. Terrifying wallpaper.)
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Feb 2013, 09:23

Dibria wrote:Season 2&3 DVDs?
Yeah, same.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Zipa
First Video: 3 ps3s

Postby Zipa » 15 Feb 2013, 10:04

Dr DRs LRR (Though mostly Graham)

I remember you mentioning awhile back that you liked the sound track to the Highlander movies , do you listen and or like the bands (Queen) other music other than whats on the sound track? And if so any favourites?

If any of the other members of the crew have heard of / like them (not sure how well known they are in Canada) feel free to chip in.
Mad Andy
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Mad Andy » 15 Feb 2013, 10:22

Hi, guys, long time fan, first time forum-goer and asker.

Have thought of a fair few questions over the years, but don't remember them all, so please forgive me if I go back and edit this post to enter any more that occur to me. Feel free to ignore as many as you wish.

So:

You've previously said that there is unlikely to be a "passing the torch" moment for LRR, since it basically consists of you guys. Do you think it instead likely to be more of an Avengers thing, where some people leave, other people join until the roster is completely different, but it's still LRR?

Are any of the crew particular fans of the Banjo-Kazooie games?

Drs Graham and Paul, how would you rank the 5 games you've let's-played so far? From a watcher's perspective, in order, Venetica seemed to have an amateurish charm to it, Cursed crusade had some good ideas ruined by horrific gameplay, X-men Destiny was just bland and boring, Legaia was incomprehensible, and Dante's Inferno was like being tortured with implements made of solid stupid.

Dr Graham: I've noticed that, in unedited things, you will occasionally stutter slightly before a word. As someone with a slight stutter myself, I was wondering if you have any sort of impediment, or if it's just a vocal quirk?

Dr Paul: I believe I've heard you to be a fan of the Ratchet and Clank games. What are your opinions, if any, on how the franchise has changed and evolved, both recently and over its 10+ years?

Dr James: why, when you do immature jokes, do I find them funny, while when most people do them, I find them obnoxious?

Dr Kathleen: how do feel being the only one I have not asked a question to directly. Also, how do you feel about paradoxes?

Dr Invisible, Mute, Incorporeal LRR Crewmember: How are you?

And finally, have you considered, for your various podcasts, spliting up the AskLRR - so, in the LRRCast, you answer video-related questions, in TGWP, you answer game-related questions, in TTC you answer Magic-related questions, and in the fourth one, you answer whatever crap the forums can think up?

Oh, one last thing, in case I ever have a chance to meet you guys, do you like Brownies?
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 15 Feb 2013, 10:30

Some hair questions inspired by James' sideys in the recent videos:

Why don't any of the crew grow their hair?
--
Have any of the crew had a shaved head within the lifetime of LRR? I'm talking closer than Alex and Morgan's buzz cuts.
--
How grizzly do you like your bears?
--
Given they're respective views on the matter, what's more likely: Paul regrowing if not the famous goatee at least a beard of some kind or Graham shaving his beard? There was brief glorious period in late 2008 when both founders sported some seriously first rate facial fuzz (sorry Graham but I'm disregarding the legendary chin strap) but to my knowledge we've never had the inverse with two cool, clean shaven co-founders.

Unrelated to all that, and with apologies to Kathleen, what is the future of Things My Cat Hates? Would you consider it an appropriate memorial to Annika?

Return to “LRRcast”