PAX East 2013 - 100% Complete

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Lord Hosk » 05 Mar 2013, 12:59

there seem to be less panels. than I recall, I will have to get out my schedule from last year but it seems like every hour there were two to four panels going on. this year there are a lot of times when its one or none with a lot more gaming tournaments.

Loading ready run only getting an hour? maybe hour and a half?

Also where is all the portnow?

His panels were amazing last year and this year he only seems to be doing one.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 05 Mar 2013, 13:10

MrPayneTrayne wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:But... wait... no Evening with LRR? :( I am sadness. It looks like it was replaced with "the Escapist Movie Night" which is not the same thing at all. No offense, but I was severely underwhelmed by the Escapist Movie night last year and will probably not be attending. Hopefully the LRR crew doesn't have to go for very long so they can catch the Saturday night concerts for the first time in... well... ever. They deserve it. Or the Scott and Kris show if the prefer. They'd probably get invited up as special guests for that...

I thought the swag that they gave away was pretty awesome, but other than that it was severely underwhelming and seeing how nonplussed people were to win such awesome peripherals was a really big piss off.

I dont know about anything else, but I was super geeked about the headphones I won. Then I tried them out and thought "huh these arent very good" so I looked them up online, they retail for $14.99
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 05 Mar 2013, 13:11

Lord Hosk wrote:there seem to be less panels. than I recall, I will have to get out my schedule from last year but it seems like every hour there were two to four panels going on. this year there are a lot of times when its one or none with a lot more gaming tournaments.

Loading ready run only getting an hour? maybe hour and a half?

Also where is all the portnow?

His panels were amazing last year and this year he only seems to be doing one.

Honestly overall that's probably good, since I've heard a lot of panels in previous years were just... not very good. Hopefully that means this year the vetted them a little better. More gaming tournaments is good too, since, you know, this is PAX, it's supposed to be about playing games.

I think Portnow's appearances last year were mostly off-schedule, weren't they? Besides the Extra Credits panel (which is still there)....

Maybe fewer LoadingReadyRun panels will mean the crew gets to actually enjoy PAX more, rather than spending the entire weekend in a mad dash panic mode?
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 05 Mar 2013, 13:19

several of the panels that portnow was on last year are reappearing this year, so maybe he was using his cred to get things on the schedule like the gamification panel, and the mental health panel which I attended last year. He is such a nice guy.

as for LRR, I think they said it would be Graham and Kathleen and MAYBE James at this point so there is only so much they can do. But we will have to wait to see what they say.

[–]Graham_LRR
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 05 Mar 2013, 13:31

I remember you cheering when you won Hosk, but I also remember people being less than enthused. Alas, not a big problem.

As for who's coming, I don't remember hearing anything about who's coming.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 05 Mar 2013, 13:58

Lord Hosk wrote:several of the panels that portnow was on last year are reappearing this year, so maybe he was using his cred to get things on the schedule like the gamification panel, and the mental health panel which I attended last year. He is such a nice guy.

I more meant he popped up on a bunch of panels randomly. I know he "crashed" the LRR panel last year. He does seem like a super nice guy. The whole Extra Credits crew does! I just want to hug them.

MrPayneTrayne wrote:I remember you cheering when you won Hosk, but I also remember people being less than enthused. Alas, not a big problem.

As for who's coming, I don't remember hearing anything about who's coming.

Yeah it's Graham, Kathleen, and James. Graham posted about this earlier in the thread. Or maybe they talked about it in one of the recent podcasts. I'm quite sure of it.

And they STILL have not told me their favorite snack vegetable! It's THEIR FAULT if all they get are baby carrots of questionable quality! D:<
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 05 Mar 2013, 14:21

After looking through the panels, I'm not sure which ones I want to go to. There are some that jump out at me. And I'm glad that the LRR panel isn't going to be the same night as the Saturday Concert, since I wanted to see MC Frontalot and Joco live but also wanted to go see LRR. Though that's replaced by kind of wanting to go to the escapist thing... D'oh.

Still, it's making me even more excited for it. Just over two weeks left.
MyNameIsIe
First Video: Phailhaüs - X?

Postby MyNameIsIe » 05 Mar 2013, 18:15

AHHHH! I am now going for ALL THREE DAYS because Steve Dengler is the best. This is my first time attending PAX... and not just sneaking into An Evening With LRR.

I can't even. Lost the ability to even. Lost the ability to can.
I sew things, I write things, I do laundry for people who do interpretive dances to Afternoon Delight.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 05 Mar 2013, 22:38

MyNameIsIe wrote:AHHHH! I am now going for ALL THREE DAYS because Steve Dengler is the best. This is my first time attending PAX... and not just sneaking into An Evening With LRR.

I can't even. Lost the ability to even. Lost the ability to can.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D Congratulations!!! Steve Dengler is such a cool guy.
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby psychopez » 06 Mar 2013, 08:10

re: Hosk

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels there are less panels this year. Though the point about them vetting might also make a point. To be fair I had friends and friends of friends able to make it last year only because they got to run a panel, but some of those probably shouldn't have been done anyways...
@mhasko
Juliamon
First Video: I... think it was Who Watches Movies?

Postby Juliamon » 06 Mar 2013, 10:10

Heads up, got my badge in the mail today! Keep an eye on your mailboxes!
brb, assaulting children.
MrPayneTrayne

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 06 Mar 2013, 11:25

Keep in mind that they mail out in waves! Do not panic unless you don't have your badge in hand by the 16th, that is the official panic date!

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 06 Mar 2013, 12:50

Attention Rainbow rumpus party town members! Check your email! There was an error in my original email. We're staying at the Renaissance, not the Seaport.

I messed up with the price too, it's $20 more per person than I thought, but don't worry about it, I'll pay for it. I am nothing if not a man of my word!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 06 Mar 2013, 13:24

Ditto!
Carrots are great, no worries.
Maybe an apple?
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 06 Mar 2013, 13:30

I received my badge today. I might panic anyway. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- okay I'll try and keep it together.

For now.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 06 Mar 2013, 15:04

The prototype from the project I've been working on for the last little while may be ready for PAX East... I wonder what it could be...

Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 06 Mar 2013, 17:15

Graham wrote:Ditto!
Maybe an apple?

Do you realize that there are currently 12 standard commercial apples available at large grocery chains, and more than a dozen more varieties if you go to "natural food" locations?

Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Pink Lady, Empire,Mcintosh, Red Delicious, Ginger Gold Fugi(man), Honey Crisp, Breaburn, Jonathan, Gala, Cortland, Rome...

And thats just off the top of my head COME ON MAN! You cant just say apples, you cant even compare apples to apples anymore without getting it wrong, WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO!

(takes a deep breath)

I had a bad experience a while ago when a lady asked me what kind of apple I suggest for pie when she saw me getting three different ones. She yelled at me for giving her a bad answer. COME ONE you cant just take one it takes at least three for a good pie.

[–]Graham_LRR
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 06 Mar 2013, 17:58

Maybe an apple?

And this is how we learned that Graham is actually a horse.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Mar 2013, 18:02

Best to take some sugar cubes then, just in case.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
MrPayneTrayne

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 06 Mar 2013, 18:24

Just wondering if everyone's sold their passes already. I now have people bombarding me with emails/PMs and wanna set them up if anyone has extras.

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 06 Mar 2013, 19:13

I am getting the same thing, I had one guy offer to give me $250 for one of mine.

I should be a scalper.

[–]Graham_LRR
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 06 Mar 2013, 20:43

MrPayneTrayne wrote:Just wondering if everyone's sold their passes already. I now have people bombarding me with emails/PMs and wanna set them up if anyone has extras.

HA! Just a few days ago I had an extra pass and didn't know who to give it to! Now suddenly everyone's looking to buy? Crazy!

Yeah all mine are accounted for. Sorry!

Maybe an apple?

Excellent, good idea, and they last. I'm hoping my grocery will restock some mixed veggie bags they had a few weeks ago, but if not, baby carrots it is. Maybe I'll try to find a few ranch dip things too, if that'll help.

Gotta keep you guys fueled for a busy weekend. :)

aeric90 wrote:The prototype from the project I've been working on for the last little while may be ready for PAX East... I wonder what it could be...

I am intrigued by this!

Lord Hosk wrote:Do you realize that there are currently 12 standard commercial apples available at large grocery chains, and more than a dozen more varieties if you go to "natural food" locations?

Oh come on, Hosk. I know which apples are the good ones. I wasn't born yesterday.

They can trust me.

He said ominously.

Muah ha ha.

(I'll get a variety.)
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 06 Mar 2013, 22:32

Also also also, if you download the guidebook app, you can get a map of the the convention center.

Next to the Handheld Lounge, there is something called the "Pokemon Lounge."

I am freaking out a little bit over here.
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 07 Mar 2013, 11:43

I got my badge in the mail today! Can't wait to see you all there!
Lemegeton
First Video: one of the checpoints on penny arcade

Postby Lemegeton » 07 Mar 2013, 15:00

i dont care what it takes but my wedding is over now so every spare penny for the next 12 months is going into a fund to get me to PAX next year

Return to “General Discussion”