Loading Ready City anybody? (Simcity)

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Re: Loading Ready City anybody? (Simcity)

Postby Lysander » 12 Mar 2013, 10:40

What's the griefing level like at the moment? What's the ratio of people building horrible pollution factories upstream or downwind of other players?

Can criminal activity migrate?
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 12 Mar 2013, 11:08

yup, with heroes and villians pack you can actually be encouraged to get crime too, Dr Vu likes it. It's actually really easy to grief, unless they've fixed teh park bug. you can or could visit other cities and just fill the land with parks, couldn't build anything else, but the parks worked for some reason.

I'd imagine that has been or would be fixed fast though.

Otherwise I'm not sure how much intentional griefing is going on. I've only been playing solo and with close friends only.
GlarbC
First Video: Some Unscippable years ago :<

Postby GlarbC » 13 Mar 2013, 06:55

I've been playing on a public server for a few days now and I don't really think griefing is worth your time.

It takes quite a big city to really impact your city and spending that much time just to screw someone else over just doesn't seem like a fun thing to do. especially sinds the bad servers make it hard to actually sit down and build that city in the first place.

I guess the worst that can happen is something which actually happened to a neighbor of mine: He was only connected to 2 other cities via roads and both those mayors messed up their city, which was not the result of actual griefing, but rather poor knowledge of the game. So now he's stuck between 2 bad cities until those mayors clean up their act, or until they abandon the cities and somebody steps in to clean up the mess.
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 13 Mar 2013, 09:27

So you can change ownership of cities? This might make an interesting succession style Let's Play.

Can you import your Sims from the various other Sim-games? I'd love to have my Golfer hang out in a bar with my Pirate captain.
GlarbC

Postby GlarbC » 13 Mar 2013, 11:55

There is no connection to any other Sims games in Sim City, but I like calling the population Sims because they are quite blatantly designed to be Sims. Sims.
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 14 Mar 2013, 18:34

So has anyone made a LRR Region yet?

Since with the news of a modder proving you can play while offline and a former employee stating that making play offline won't be too hard, I think it might not be too long before EA/Maxis cave in and make a non-always online patch.

If they don't, they're incredibly stupid for holding out.

As far as I understand it, it's possible to enable debug mode (with some software editing tools) which allows building highways outside the city border, unlimited time before server check AND it saves and syncs normally. So yeah...
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
GlarbC

Postby GlarbC » 15 Mar 2013, 04:48

Doesn't offline mode kinda defeat the purpose of an LRRegion? :P
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 15 Mar 2013, 06:44

My two comments weren't fully related.

I was just wondering if anyone had started up a region yet. Plus I would consider getting the game if I had the option to play offline and play single player.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
GlarbC

Postby GlarbC » 15 Mar 2013, 07:02

I hope something will be set up soon, as I am in need of a reliable region to play in.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Mar 2013, 11:38

GlarbC wrote:There is no connection to any other Sims games in Sim City, but I like calling the population Sims because they are quite blatantly designed to be Sims. Sims.
I'm pretty sure you could import Sims from the original Sims game into Sim City 4.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 16 Mar 2013, 00:28

Ok Loading Ready Region is up and running, I've got some power and water up but that's about all so far, should help you get started. Feel free to come visit the lovely city of Saunders Shores.
GlarbC

Postby GlarbC » 18 Mar 2013, 04:37

Unfortunately, US East 1 is showing as full for me at the moment :<
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 18 Mar 2013, 22:28

I haven't had that problem in over a week now, granted I usually play at 2AM EST

also just a heads of all you sim city owners, free games are now being offered for everyone who bought it.
GlarbC

Postby GlarbC » 19 Mar 2013, 05:44

Jup, games like ME3, BF3 and DS3. You can still get them as long as you activate a copy of sim city before next tuesday.

As for the full server issue, I usually play in the afternoon here in Europe, which would also translate to about early morning US side. I beleave the problem is that if you do not yet have a city claimed on a heavy server, it will always show full for you because they probably don't want you to join a high load server...
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 19 Mar 2013, 07:01

AdmiralMemo wrote:
GlarbC wrote:There is no connection to any other Sims games in Sim City, but I like calling the population Sims because they are quite blatantly designed to be Sims. Sims.
I'm pretty sure you could import Sims from the original Sims game into Sim City 4.

Yeah, and you could import terrains into Sims 2 to make your own custom neighborhoods. Good times, good times. :D
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.

Return to “Video Games”