SPRING!

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Re: SPRING!

Postby MattAn » 30 May 2013, 07:16

As much as I think the character should have a "Bro" kind of name.. Part of me also thinks.. If he's literally the human manifestation of "Spring", the legit season.. Then something flowery would be perfect.

Henceforth, Spring Bro is now known as.... Blossom. And that he did.
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 30 May 2013, 07:49

Brossom?
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 30 May 2013, 08:24

Foxmar wrote:Brossom?

You, sir, are why people DO get nice things. You're promoted!

...Also I totally considered Brossom and decided not to. Full credit to you, because it really is amazing.

Bro+Awesome = Brawesome? So.. Add Blossom.. Uh.. Blawesome.

This is why I do not name things.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 30 May 2013, 13:56

"Brossom."

Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 30 May 2013, 14:56

Well I guess it's Brossom lol
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 30 May 2013, 15:03

WE DID IT, YOU GUYS. WE SOLVED THE MYSTERY!

tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 30 May 2013, 17:07

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:The list of 'stuff that should totally appear in the next Rapidfire' is getting so long that you may have to dedicate a season to it

Alright, guys, Indiegogo campaign to make a separate Rapidfire series, with the goal to pay for the crews' salaries for a year, and any props/equipment they'd need. :D
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 30 May 2013, 17:46

madAlric wrote:
My pseudonym is Ix wrote:The list of 'stuff that should totally appear in the next Rapidfire' is getting so long that you may have to dedicate a season to it

Alright, guys, Indiegogo campaign to make a separate Rapidfire series, with the goal to pay for the crews' salaries for a year, and any props/equipment they'd need. :D

I believe I have money dollars for this.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 31 May 2013, 00:06

I think the LRR crew is well aware that if they ever wanted money from us, all they'd have to do is open a kickstarter campaign. The page could be completely empty, devoid of a goal or incentives and people would give them every last red cent, tantalized only by the thought of what it COULD be.
Image Image Image
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 31 May 2013, 00:53

I'd give them money just to have them keep doing the same thing they're already doing.

(on that note, is there a possibility to donate money to LRR? I personally have adblocker on since I find ads to be an immoral way to exploit your customers. Nevertheless, I do want LRR to have my money. Are there any ways to do that?)
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 31 May 2013, 02:31

Pretty much merch, as far as I know, although there's a donation link on antisun.org that used to go to LRR's paypal.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 31 May 2013, 04:27

madAlric wrote:Pretty much merch, as far as I know, although there's a donation link on antisun.org that used to go to LRR's paypal.

I fucking loved that. That took dedication to the lore of the video. Perfect.

But yeah, it's pretty much just merch. Because, I believe Graham said, they want people to also get something out of it. I think?
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 31 May 2013, 08:12

I seem to remember something from a LRR FAQ which I can't find atm that went along the lines of 'Whilst the crew does not officially accept donations, they do have a number of shirts/other merch that you can buy. Alternatively, donate to Desert Bus'
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 02 Jun 2013, 15:31

I want to give them money, but I already own all the DVDs in the store and most of the t-shirts.

Had a dream that I won the lottery. After paying off all my debts and making sure I could live comfortably for the rest of my life, I contacted Graham in the dream to donate some money. Dream Graham told me to donate it to the real Desert Bus... so my dreams are weird is what I'm saying. That and I need to stop taking sleeping pills :(
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 02 Jun 2013, 15:40

Drecon wrote:I'd give them money just to have them keep doing the same thing they're already doing.

(on that note, is there a possibility to donate money to LRR? I personally have adblocker on since I find ads to be an immoral way to exploit your customers. Nevertheless, I do want LRR to have my money. Are there any ways to do that?)

Turn off your adblocker/whitelist LRR and its affiliate sites. At least, before Kathleen yells at you.
Graham wrote:Oh, we totally don't.
The Bro is like a trickster god or something.

Now I want this video re-shot or re-edited with ravens in place of Paul and Graham.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 02 Jun 2013, 18:39

Drecon wrote:I personally have adblocker on since I find ads to be an immoral way to exploit your customers. Nevertheless, I do want LRR to have my money. Are there any ways to do that?

Turn off your adblocker, in particular turn it off for LRR. Like, right now. If you don't like advertising, nobody's forcing you to visit this website.

If you find a business' practices to be "immoral," don't visit their site. What you're doing right now is stealing. It's like walking into a shop, saying "I judge this business to be immoral, so I am going to take whatever I like and not pay for it." You wouldn't do that in meatspace, don't do it here.

Foxmar wrote:Well I guess it's Brossom lol

Good heavens. This doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 02 Jun 2013, 18:43

Or, for most of LRR's videos, you can just get a Publisher Club membership on The Escapist. They're the ones paying LRR for half of their video series (with ad revenue and memberships). Plus, even though it's a ways away, they'll donate some of it to DB if you wait until it's going on. Wizards nor PA seem to have a program like that, otherwise I'd recommend it. The only way you can help there is by turning off the adblock.
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 02 Jun 2013, 19:18

I recently bought a Publisher's Club membership, myself. It's pretty nice not having to sit through a 15 second ad just to look up the stinger to an episode of Unskippable. (and two more 15 second ads and the video loading again if I miss it...) :D
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 02 Jun 2013, 20:14

Kapol wrote:Or, for most of LRR's videos, you can just get a Publisher Club membership on The Escapist. They're the ones paying LRR for half of their video series (with ad revenue and memberships). Plus, even though it's a ways away, they'll donate some of it to DB if you wait until it's going on. Wizards nor PA seem to have a program like that, otherwise I'd recommend it. The only way you can help there is by turning off the adblock.

This is fine for videos hosted on The Escapist, but it doesn't help pay for Checkpoint or Strip Search or Loading Times.

LRR makes a shittone of content for us for free. The least we can do is support them with the little bit of ad revenue we each generate. And if you're not comfortable with that situation, yeah, you can get a Pub Club membership and watch their videos there, but you don't get to watch Checkpoint or Strip Search or Loading Time or any older videos hosted on Youtube and not The Escapist.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 02 Jun 2013, 22:38

AlexanderDitto wrote:
This is fine for videos hosted on The Escapist, but it doesn't help pay for Checkpoint or Strip Search or Loading Times.

LRR makes a shittone of content for us for free. The least we can do is support them with the little bit of ad revenue we each generate. And if you're not comfortable with that situation, yeah, you can get a Pub Club membership and watch their videos there, but you don't get to watch Checkpoint or Strip Search or Loading Time or any older videos hosted on Youtube and not The Escapist.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% on the matter. Ad-block really hurts websites that make free content since that's how they get their revenue for the most part. But I didn't want to start an argument when it's unlikely to change the person in question's mind. Hence why I posed a bit of a solution (at the very least better than nothing at all). Though I did mention exactly what you said about not helping the other sites since they don't have any similar service and they get their monies from ads.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 03 Jun 2013, 02:22

I have the best ad blocker, it's in the part of my brain that filters sensory input, so it looks to websites like I'm watching ads, and the creative types whose work I enjoy get paid for it, but I'm not actually registering any information. I'd tell you where you can get it except you can't, it's strictly DIY. Totally worth the effort though.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 03 Jun 2013, 06:28

Kapol wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:

Oh I know, I was reiterating your point and agreeing with you! :mrgreen:

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% on the matter. Ad-block really hurts websites that make free content since that's how they get their revenue for the most part. But I didn't want to start an argument when it's unlikely to change the person in question's mind. Hence why I posed a bit of a solution (at the very least better than nothing at all). Though I did mention exactly what you said about not helping the other sites since they don't have any similar service and they get their monies from ads.

Amake wrote:I have the best ad blocker, it's in the part of my brain that filters sensory input, so it looks to websites like I'm watching ads, and the creative types whose work I enjoy get paid for it, but I'm not actually registering any information. I'd tell you where you can get it except you can't, it's strictly DIY. Totally worth the effort though.

Seriously. I don't even notice ads anymore.

Except for ads for delicious spring-time cheeses. Which, you know. TASTE THE SCENT.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 03 Jun 2013, 06:58

I think its funny that Numotthenummy tells his veiwers to turn on a adblocker cause "he doesnt need our .001 cents per ad. then he runs a ad.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 03 Jun 2013, 07:12

What ads? The only that bothered me was the crazy unicorn ad twitch kept playing during drafts.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 03 Jun 2013, 07:31

Lord Hosk wrote:I think its funny that Numotthenummy tells his veiwers to turn on a adblocker cause "he doesnt need our .001 cents per ad. then he runs a ad.

Because obligations? Content creators usually have to run something, and are perfectly within their rights to be okay with people blocking it. It's entirely up to the creator.

@Foxmar; Crazy unicorn ad? I... I'm already scared. And I don't see any ads during LRR MtG drafts.. Even with an adblocker disabled.. Maybe being Australian does have its merits! :D

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”