My biggest Magic f-up ever

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
headband
First Video: Decadent Sports League

My biggest Magic f-up ever

Postby headband » 07 Jun 2013, 20:06

Well, I made the worst Magic based mistake ever, and it wasn't even in a game. I just found out that yesterday, after playing at the local comic shop, I accidentally took the box of Magic cards that was owned by another player thinking it was mine. If that's not enough, since I am leaving for vacation tomorrow, I won't be able to return it to the shop first thing tomorrow to see if I can make it right. My grandma did agree to do that for me, but that still means me inconveniencing more people because of me not even looking in the box to see if my cards and decks were in there and can't even check in on things for over a week. This may be a first world problem, but it is a big one for me, whoever I accedently stole from, the comic store, my grandma and my family who will no doubt have to deal with me more than the whole time. Any advice?
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Re: My biggest Magic f-up ever

Postby ElFuzzy » 07 Jun 2013, 20:39

grab your towel, gonna b an interesting ride
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 07 Jun 2013, 20:42

Does the store / player group have a Facebook page or website forum? If so you can post there and explain what happened. Alternatively, if you can call the comic shop and leave a message explaining what happened and letting them know when you'll be able to return it.
headband

Postby headband » 07 Jun 2013, 20:52

Duckay wrote:Does the store / player group have a Facebook page or website forum? If so you can post there and explain what happened. Alternatively, if you can call the comic shop and leave a message explaining what happened and letting them know when you'll be able to return it.

Have tried that. There's no one manning the phones right now, but I have emailed and face booked them, but I'm not sure if they'll get any of it before my grandma arrives. I gave her a note that has everything on it to show them to explain everything.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 15 Jun 2013, 15:45

How did it work out? did
they say "Oh no big deal lots of boxes look the same, we got them back to the right player?"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
headband

Postby headband » 16 Jun 2013, 15:56

Well, just got back from my trip, so I wasn't able to talk about the final twist of this story of how much of an idiot I am. Turns out, I never did take someone else's box, I had my own in my house since that game day. In fact, the mix up was from my brother's box. I accidentally picked up my brother's box o magic cards earlier that night and then got into a panic. It was only an hour before I left for vacation, when I got everything all set up to ix my mistake, that my brother found my box in his room. Yeah, fail all around for me. Had to phone my grandma from the airport to make sure she didn't waist her time, and had to wait til I went to pick up my comics today to rectify things at the store.

So yeah, sorry about all of that, but thanks for the concern. ^^;
AzureDragoon
First Video: ive been watching so long i cant remembe

Postby AzureDragoon » 19 Jun 2013, 08:19

Well, at least everything worked out in the end. At a local store we have had to start placing stickers on binders and boxes because some of us just have the same products since we pretty much all shop at the same spot.
Why can't I hold all these Dragons - Scion EDH Deck
Experiments gone wrong - Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH Deck
BearForce1 - Gaddock Teeg EDH Deck

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”