A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby Wraith » 15 Jul 2013, 11:48

In this thread, you may say whatever you wish. You may post a thought, a question, an observation; whatever.

HOWEVER, before you say a single word, you must find a picture (please keep it small to medium size so that the size of each page doesn't get TOO overwhelming) that responds to the previous post (please quote said post before the picture.

Starting thought: after a woman told me she didn't know if she used our web mail service or Outlook desktop, I asked her what the very first thing she does when she checks her email. She said "gosh, I don't know. I'm not really a computer person." Come on. You do this every single day. I know you do, because you ask me question about it constantly. How do you "not know" what you do when you check your email? How is this complicated to people?
-Wraith
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby General Michi » 15 Jul 2013, 12:05

I think this is a really cool idea. As long as larger pictures are in collapse tags then we shouldn't need to limit it to small pictures.

I'm having trouble writing lyrics again, as any songwriter does. To get inspiration I read over my journal, as the song is about being an introvert. Funny thing is as I was reading it it seemed like it was someone else's history, like I wasn't the one that wrote it. It was weird.
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 15 Jul 2013, 12:30

I'm having trouble writing lyrics again, as any songwriter does. To get inspiration I read over my journal, as the song is about being an introvert. Funny thing is as I was reading it it seemed like it was someone else's history, like I wasn't the one that wrote it. It was weird.

I don't know what to do; not for lack of choice, but - indeed - because of an excess of options; I guess I'm suffering from 'operational paralysis'; I can't decide because too many of the options appeal greatly (and equally), so I keep finding I don't choose.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 15 Jul 2013, 12:38

I'm on holidays! HAHAHAHA. OK now I have no clue what to do. Answers, guys?
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 15 Jul 2013, 12:50

Should I get the Epic Udyr skin when it's released?
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 15 Jul 2013, 21:10

EDIT: The image speaks for itself even without the text. I'd use the original if I could find it.

You know that feeling you get, when you start talking to a girl online, and you both hit it off really well and quickly come to like each other, despite the fact that you're hundreds of miles apart and she possesses none of the physical qualities you are normally attracted to? I like that feeling.
Image Image Image
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 16 Jul 2013, 05:59

Why do people park on the pavement?
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 16 Jul 2013, 19:12

ImageBecause I do what I want. Speaking of which I'm at work all day today with just my laptop and my phone internet, main pc here is down SO I DON'T HAVE TO(or get to....I'm bored)DO ANYTHING.
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 17 Jul 2013, 10:23

Squeeeee at your elephant photo!!!

I am fighting the delightful despair of having too many cool projects to do all at once. And preparing to spend Saturday hosting a party wherein I shall make something like 60 crepes over the course of the day. Wheee! :D
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 17 Jul 2013, 22:34

I get home from rehearsals at midnight and can't get to sleep till two. This fits my preferred sleep cycle perfectly, but come some time in August and I will need to do real person hours again. Ugh.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
empath

Postby empath » 18 Jul 2013, 08:44

Fezzul wrote:I get home from rehearsals at midnight and can't get to sleep till two. This fits my preferred sleep cycle perfectly, but come some time in August and I will need to do real person hours again. Ugh.

*ahem*
OP wrote:In this thread, you may say whatever you wish. You may post a thought, a question, an observation; whatever.

HOWEVER, before you say a single word, you must find a picture (please keep it small to medium size so that the size of each page doesn't get TOO overwhelming) that responds to the previous post (please quote said post before the picture).

Image ;)

My thought: Just got back from running errands on a rainy day - could afford to take cabs to keep from getting soaked, dropped off everything & got what we needed, and then had a fantastic and filling lunch at a local 'diner'. Now am home after getting things accomplished, and am full and toasty warm and get to relax in my dry, warm 'hobbit hole' for the rest of the day. :)
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 19 Jul 2013, 20:40

empath wrote:Now am home after getting things accomplished, and am full and toasty warm and get to relax in my dry, warm 'hobbit hole' for the rest of the day. :)

So, someone came into work and said, "Hey did you go to [[my high school]]? I remember you."

I try to remember her. "Did we have an art class together?"

"No, gym."

No bells rings.

"Did we have a TYPING class together?"

"Yes!"

Oh, great. Her. This is the girl who I helped a few times in typing class, and then, when one of the football players suggested we go to the prom together, she said something to the order of, "No way, I'm not going with that thing." (I forget what she said, but she did call me a "thing." That much is clear in my memory.)

There are few people whom I'd rather run into less than this one, but fine. Whatever. I'm at work. I make the Stall To Kill Time conversation, talking about how, when I was in school, people remember me more clearly because I'm an identical twin (one of only two sets in the school, I think). I tend not to remember people unless I was friendly with them or they pissed me off.

She says, "Well, yeah, back then, you were much skinnier."

It's nice to see that whatever maturity I've cultivated in the last twelve years has apparently eluded her, soaring high out of her reach like a Canadian goose.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 19 Jul 2013, 20:47

King Kool wrote:It's nice to see that whatever maturity I've cultivated in the last twelve years has apparently eluded her, soaring high out of her reach like a Canadian goose.

I friend of mine, who's like a sister to me, is came down from NSW for the weekend to visit her boyfriend (for a milestone of one whole month of dating). She's visiting all of her friends (all of whom she met through her boyfriend) here except me.
She's only known these people for a month.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
ocelotteranian
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby ocelotteranian » 25 Jul 2013, 22:11

TheGhostOfZero wrote:I friend of mine, who's like a sister to me, is came down from NSW for the weekend to visit her boyfriend (for a milestone of one whole month of dating). She's visiting all of her friends (all of whom she met through her boyfriend) here except me.
She's only known these people for a month.

Today, my greatest accomplishment was watching an entire disc of the Friends DVD box set in one evening. I'm supposed to be writing a novel and preparing for my senior history thesis. I don't think either of those goals is going very well.
empath

Postby empath » 26 Jul 2013, 02:56

ocelotteranian wrote:Today, my greatest accomplishment was watching an entire disc of the Friends DVD box set in one evening. I'm supposed to be writing a novel and preparing for my senior history thesis. I don't think either of those goals is going very well.

(not quite, but you gotta agree - it captures the sentiment)

I'm tired, I'm a little queasy, my skin is damp seconds after I wipe myself off, it's already got a humidex of 29 degrees at 8am, and I have the prospect of working seven hours surrounded by ovens and fryers to look forward to.

Someone wanna keep the local ambulance service on speed dial? (faster than going through 911)
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 27 Jul 2013, 12:10

empath wrote:I'm tired, I'm a little queasy, my skin is damp seconds after I wipe myself off, it's already got a humidex of 29 degrees at 8am, and I have the prospect of working seven hours surrounded by ovens and fryers to look forward to.

This weekend, I'd hoped to get a lot of work done on my new LLC and business venture. Alas, my husband is studying for the bar exam which takes place next week and I have to be ready at a moment's notice to help him with his flash cards. The things you do for love.
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 27 Jul 2013, 12:46

Trisha Lynn wrote:This weekend, I'd hoped to get a lot of work done on my new LLC and business venture. Alas, my husband is studying for the bar exam which takes place next week and I have to be ready at a moment's notice to help him with his flash cards. The things you do for love.

I just want to be Woody Allen. And I'm not.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 05 Aug 2013, 20:41

Fezzul wrote:I just want to be Woody Allen. And I'm not.

I'm concerned that we are trading our privacy for convenience, and have no idea how that's going to cost us in the future, but convenience is just so damn convenient.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Aug 2013, 01:55

korvys wrote:I'm concerned that we are trading our privacy for convenience, and have no idea how that's going to cost us in the future, but convenience is just so damn convenient.

What time is it?
It's 3:30.
How do you know?
I've got it written on a piece of paper.
How did you get it?
I asked a man the time, and he kindly wrote it down for me.

Return to “General Discussion”