The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Postby Kapol » 15 Sep 2013, 00:15

Since there's not a thread for it yet, I figured I'd take the initiative to put this out there. The Loading Ready Run kickstarter has officially been launched. I won't spoil it for you, but you can find the kickstarter here. You can also find the 'launch' stream here. (Links from Lord Hosk from the Kickstarter thread, thanks and sorry for stealing them)

I figure this thread would be a good place for us forumites to gather and ask questions that we may think of. Or maybe it'll be a bad place. I dunno, but we'll find out. A few questions I've thought up so far are:

Will the season 1 DVD online stretch goal include the commentary and special features? It wasn't clear if it was intended to keep the old commentary AND a new one. I'm also assuming it'll be released as an .iso for an option.

Will the secret runner forum here have any special content, such as surprises and cake?

Is Alex helping produce the Crapshots? It also felt like 'his' series to me.

What about seasons 6-10? Will they be released on DVD before then? Or have they been forgotten in the ebb and flow of time itself?

It was mentioned that they will make the DVD available up for sale. Will the kickers get their DVDs early as a bonus incentive?

I, for one, am mixed on the whole thing. It's exciting. But it's change. And change is scary. But I'm willing to trust LRR to know what's best for LRR and the content they produce. So here we go.

Glory to Lrrstotzka. Also, sorry if I shouldn't have been the one to post this.
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Re: The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Postby Drecon » 15 Sep 2013, 00:29

I really wished I had a job so that I could pledge more... This stuff is easily worth like 10 dollars a month...

Well, 28 days more to decide how much to throw at this I guess.
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 15 Sep 2013, 00:39

I so want to grab a $ 125 pledge, but it's a lot and school costs are coming in this month.

I do have to admit, the tiers are great and I will definitely pledge later this month.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 15 Sep 2013, 00:45

Kapol wrote:Will the season 1 DVD online stretch goal include the commentary and special features? It wasn't clear if it was intended to keep the old commentary AND a new one. I'm also assuming it'll be released as an .iso for an option.
Yes, the whole thing, and new commentary as well as the original (assuming we can still find the files... which shouldn't be a problem)

Kapol wrote:Will the secret runner forum here have any special content, such as surprises and cake?
Maybe? Probably not... I guess if EVERYONE funds it it's a little weird. It'll be a good place to discuss the video until Monday. We'll see about making the feedback thread there, then moving it.

Kapol wrote:Is Alex helping produce the Crapshots? It also felt like 'his' series to me.
Undetermined. Certainly not every one. I originally thought of the Crapshots as a way for Alex to contribute to LRR in absence of having any real work for him at the time, and they definitely became "an Alex Steacy joint". But he wanted to move on from them, and the only reason we didn't produce more without him was a lack of time. I've been wanting to bring them back FOREVER. He's around a lot more these days, and sounds keen to get Crappin' again, so I am sure he'll be involved. But they will not be a solely Alex deal.

Kapol wrote:What about seasons 6-10? Will they be released on DVD before then? Or have they been forgotten in the ebb and flow of time itself?
I fucking hope so. I want to crank these ouuuuut. But regardless, we kind of HAVE to get Season 11 out the door, if we're crowdfunding it.

Kapol wrote:It was mentioned that they will make the DVD available up for sale. Will the kickers get their DVDs early as a bonus incentive?
We hadn't thought of it, but probably not feasible. We will however try to get KickStarter backers a different cover for the S11 DVD.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 15 Sep 2013, 00:51

I know this came kinda at a bad time for me. I'm saving almost all my money for the next 22 days to go see Graham and Paul. But I'll chip in a bit for sure, because I do want to help out. It just depends on how much monies I have.

Also, thanks for answering those questions Graham. They're nothing huge in terms of actual impact. But I was interested to feel them worth asking. I hadn't intended the Crapshots question to come off as solely Alex. I'm just glad to hear he'll (likely) be helping out with them. :)
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 15 Sep 2013, 01:31

I completely understand.
And it is a good idea.

It's just going to be odd to have the 'change'.

It's promising progress so far.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 15 Sep 2013, 01:33

In case anyone wanted an easier way of seeing what you can get for your LoadingReadyDollars.

Hopefully the details are correct.

Full size version here

Will be chipping in my pledge shortly. Sad to hear about the end of the weekly sketches, but I've always wondered how you guys managed to do this. I guess you finally ran out of crystals for the time machine that you obviously don't have because that would just be silly :wink:
Mr.Wizard
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet 1

Postby Mr.Wizard » 15 Sep 2013, 01:38

That is an awesome chart SilPho
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 15 Sep 2013, 01:59

Anything happening with the Idiot Room?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
EikoandMog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby EikoandMog » 15 Sep 2013, 02:16

Oh god, I want to fund a creepy doll level but I don't think i can justify that kind of impulse buying.

EDIT: Aaaaand they're gone. I am both relieved and saddened by this.
Last edited by EikoandMog on 15 Sep 2013, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 15 Sep 2013, 02:21

I'd like to say 'Called it' with the tennis ball machine.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
EikoandMog

Postby EikoandMog » 15 Sep 2013, 02:39

Also, may I suggest "Slender: The Arrival" for Kathleen and Alex? :p
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 15 Sep 2013, 02:42

I wish I could afford the $250 level :(

I'm sad this will be the last series of sketches... Excited to see what new stuff will be coming though.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 15 Sep 2013, 03:26

They'll still be doing sketches however. Just not weekly.
I think that's very fair enough.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 15 Sep 2013, 03:44

SilPho wrote:In case anyone wanted an easier way of seeing what you can get for your LoadingReadyDollars.

That is awesome.

I'm really, really hoping they do figure out a way to do multiple pledges, though. I have a LoadingReadyRumbler staked out, but I so want to add a 250 level on top of it.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 15 Sep 2013, 04:12

Well it's definitely not a question of if I back it, just of how much for.

A question: once season 11 is over, does that mean the new Loading Ready Live thing stops again as well?
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 15 Sep 2013, 04:12

Well it's definitely not a question of if I back it, just of how much for.

A question: once season 11 is over, does that mean the new Loading Ready Live thing stops again as well?
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 15 Sep 2013, 04:19

I wonder if the final episode in season 11 will be "Ways to End Loading Ready Run".
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 15 Sep 2013, 04:56

Now is when I'm am so very unhappy with being poor, and in debt.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Pepsi-Plunge
First Video: Lobster vs. Scorpian

Postby Pepsi-Plunge » 15 Sep 2013, 05:29

Um, so I might be behind the times given my God knows how long absence, but... end of LoadingReadyRun?

On another note, I'll go donate for the Bradley music now. That job I got is finally coming in handy for something.
I drifted off around Desert Bus 6, sort of drifting back in with a new account, don't be surprised if I'm shocked by old news...
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 15 Sep 2013, 05:50

I was just saying earlier today that I can afford to be a bit freer with my money right now thanks to my current workload.
empath

Postby empath » 15 Sep 2013, 06:30

korvys wrote:Well it's definitely not a question of if I back it, just of how much for.

What he said.

I can't say I hadn't wondered about how long this could last previously. It's still a bit of a jolt. :(

But it's not the END of it all, just the end of "Okay, that's next week's video 'in the can'...now how are we doing on the week after's vid...and the vid after that <ad infinitum>" :)

Got the wife's birthday to save up for...then there's Desert Bus (again so soon? :?), but I'll be down for something...
MisterDee
First Video: It's Magic

Postby MisterDee » 15 Sep 2013, 06:48

Chipped in my tiny, tiny little amount. Unemployment sucks. :(

Can't say I'm not sad about the end of the weekly videos, but this is certainly the right way to end the weekly sketches.

Question: does that mean the official end of Commodore Hustle? Or would it continue on an irregular schedule along the lines of "we still do sketches once in a while, and occasionnally one of those is a cH sketch?"
DuelLadyS
First Video: Unskippable

Postby DuelLadyS » 15 Sep 2013, 07:03

MisterDee wrote:Question: does that mean the official end of Commodore Hustle? Or would it continue on an irregular schedule along the lines of "we still do sketches once in a while, and occasionnally one of those is a cH sketch?"

At the Pax Prime panel, they said that is likely to be the case.

I've thought about it in the past few weeks, and I think this is a bit like if Nintendo announced the next big Mario platformer, is the last big Mario platformer. You'd still have Zelda and Metroid and all that stuff, you'd even still have Paper and Mario/Mario and Luigi/the other 'spinoffs'. It's not really that much going away... but it would somehow still feel like Nintendo is closing fovever, becuause in our heads Nintendo=Mario.

In any case, I'm waiting to see if "Ala Carte" options pop up, now that we know you can't back multiple tiers... that way I know just how much I'm gonna have to put up. :p
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 15 Sep 2013, 07:07

DuelLadyS wrote:
MisterDee wrote:Question: does that mean the official end of Commodore Hustle? Or would it continue on an irregular schedule along the lines of "we still do sketches once in a while, and occasionnally one of those is a cH sketch?"

At the Pax Prime panel, they said that is likely to be the case.

I've thought about it in the past few weeks, and I think this is a bit like if Nintendo announced the next big Mario platformer, is the last big Mario platformer. You'd still have Zelda and Metroid and all that stuff, you'd even still have Paper and Mario/Mario and Luigi/the other 'spinoffs'. It's not really that much going away... but it would somehow still feel like Nintendo is closing fovever, becuause in our heads Nintendo=Mario.

In any case, I'm waiting to see if "Ala Carte" options pop up, now that we know you can't back multiple tiers... that way I know just how much I'm gonna have to put up. :p

Yeah, but if Nintendo announced that Mario was finally going to be put to bed I think more than a few people would breath a sigh of release. Mr Croshaw springs instantly to mind.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."

Return to “General Discussion”