Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Psycat Aurora
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Psycat Aurora » 20 Sep 2013, 16:24

Today has been such an off day, to the point where I really just don't want to do anything. As a result, I have been sitting and staring at the same 3 web pages for the past hour.
Deviantart: Psycat-Aurora
Instagram: @psycataurora
Tumblr: Psycat Aurora
Twitter: @Psycat_Aurora
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 20 Sep 2013, 23:53

Father: Get a job
Me: Okay, but I can't do anything during weekdays because school, I'll look on the weekend
*come weekend*
Father: I need your help with a thing that'll take all day Saturday and Sunday
Me: But I wanna go out and get a job
Father: I NEED YOUR HELP WITH A THING THAT'LL TAKE ALL DAY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
Me: Fine, okay
*later*
Father: Get a job you lazy shit

STOP EATING MY WEEKENDS, OLD MAN
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 21 Sep 2013, 01:11

I sort of know how you feel Ghost. But mine was the inverse.

I felt compelled to stay at home and help run the house.

But also I had weeks like:

Jobcenter (Tuesday): Go apply for these jobs by next fortnight. The sooner you apply, the higher likely-hood you get the job.

(Wednesday) Mum: Come out with me walking.
(Thursday) Mum: Come out with me walking.
(Friday) Mum: Come out with me walking.
(Monday of the week after that one) Mum: Come walking with me.
(Fortnight Tuesday) Jobcentre: You haven't applied for the job? SANCTIONED"

Or, instead of walking, it would be her watching Monarch of the Glen on DvD downstairs alone (Dad would be out working), and I would feel compelled to sit with her.

When your mum is being treated for cancer, it's hard to say "no" to her. And also, it's hard to leave her alone.

Also, parents believe that even if your day is busy, you can still look for jobs in the evening.

No matter how much you want to find work, it is epicly hard to look for work in the evenings. Because all you want to do is sleep/relax after a long-day. I guess our parents from the age where their own parents were fundamentally Facist.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 Sep 2013, 05:19

Actually... No, no I won't.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 21 Sep 2013, 05:46

First 2 weeks into school and the teacher points out my son is shy and doesn't participate in music class. She says this may affect his ability to move on to the higher grades. Yet right now he is sitting in the washroom singing along to LRR (Desert Bus killed the internet star). A song he's been singing for the past month.
Also, since when do kids get marked in Kindergarten? And Ontario kindergarten is a joke anyway. How much can you teach a kid when they are only at school for 2 hours?
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 22 Sep 2013, 01:34

I am feelingly incredibly lonely right now. :(
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 22 Sep 2013, 03:30

/cuddle :<
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 22 Sep 2013, 04:58

Fucking flu. I can stand the aches and pains. I can stand the roaring headache. But FUCK ME, does the runny nose and sneezing every 30 seconds have to come with it?!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 22 Sep 2013, 05:36

"The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life." - Vasudev
OMGItsSarah
First Video: Offensisensitivity

Postby OMGItsSarah » 22 Sep 2013, 12:59

Okay this cold can go away now. The cough is driving me nuts.
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 23 Sep 2013, 06:28

Crap! I lost my credit card (in my house) and can't fund the kickstarter at all. :(
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 23 Sep 2013, 06:38

Dear youtube comments,
I don't give a flying fuck what brought you to a video, I want to know your opinions on the fucking song.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 23 Sep 2013, 06:40

MinniChi wrote:Crap! I lost my credit card (in my house) and can't fund the kickstarter at all. :(

Did you check the space between the stove and the cabinet, or the cabinet and the fridge?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 23 Sep 2013, 07:27

Have you combed ever inch of your handbag? Those things could stow a ladder inside.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Jimor
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Jimor » 23 Sep 2013, 09:26

TheGhostOfZero wrote:Dear youtube comments,
I don't give a flying fuck what brought you to a video, I want to know your opinions on the fucking song.

I have a theory about that. People who consume a media product subsume some part of it into their identity. However, what that part is isn't always the actual media itself. It may be the creator, or even the distributor. In this case, they've identified with the person or site that sends them to these videos, so that's more important to them than the actual video or who made it, and they want to score "cool points" by making that connection public.

I got this a LOT when I worked in a book store during the height of the Oprah's Book Club craze. The people who bought the listed books by the bushel (and made sure to always tell us why) didn't give a shit about what the book was about or the author, but they needed to be seen as Oprah fans, because that's the element of the equation that gave them some kind of meaning.
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 23 Sep 2013, 09:49

Jimor wrote:

I have a theory about that. People who consume a media product subsume some part of it into their identity. However, what that part is isn't always the actual media itself. It may be the creator, or even the distributor. In this case, they've identified with the person or site that sends them to these videos, so that's more important to them than the actual video or who made it, and they want to score "cool points" by making that connection public.

I got this a LOT when I worked in a book store during the height of the Oprah's Book Club craze. The people who bought the listed books by the bushel (and made sure to always tell us why) didn't give a shit about what the book was about or the author, but they needed to be seen as Oprah fans, because that's the element of the equation that gave them some kind of meaning.
That makes a lot of sense.

Sick of all this shit like:
TOP COMMENTS:
-- Nice song, strong bass line with a really catchy hook at around the 1:20 mark. Could really feel the kick in my spleen and the snare popped my kidneys
-- PENIS BOB BROUGHT ME HERE

PLEBEIAN COMMENTS:
-- PENIS BOB WOO
-- Nice song,bro
-- JOHN MCHAROLD BROUGHT ME HERE
-- I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT TEN SECONDS OF THIS SONG I SAW ON JOHN MCHAROLD I FUCKING LOVE JOHN MCHAROLD
/fingergun
Zero

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 23 Sep 2013, 09:54

That's why I have the rule: "Never scroll down past the Uploader Notes."

...I just wish I could adhere to the rule more...
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 23 Sep 2013, 09:59

empath wrote:That's why I have the rule: "Never scroll down past the Uploader Notes."

...I just wish I could adhere to the rule more...
My personal guidelines are a rulebook made mostly of exceptions.
/fingergun
Zero

My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 23 Sep 2013, 13:56

Jimor wrote:

The first part is rather relevant to my experience with LRR: whilst I find some of their stuff side-splitting, other bits I can take or leave. However, what they stand for and how they behave and the community of people they've managed to build among themselves and their fan base... that keeps me watching.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 23 Sep 2013, 13:59

Lord Hosk wrote:
MinniChi wrote:Crap! I lost my credit card (in my house) and can't fund the kickstarter at all. :(

Did you check the space between the stove and the cabinet, or the cabinet and the fridge?

Found it in my backpack . . . I feel very stupid, since I swear I had looked there the first time. At least now I can fund the kickstarter! :D
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 23 Sep 2013, 14:09

Rolf Harris is now being accused for being a Paedophile.

Is this the new fashion? Accusing major 80s British Teenage Males for getting involved with underaged teenage girls?

I'm going to be sad is Rofl Harris is guilty :<
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 23 Sep 2013, 14:25

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:Rolf Harris is now being accused for being a Paedophile.

Is this the new fashion? Accusing major 80s British Teenage Males for getting involved with underaged teenage girls?

I'm going to be sad is Rofl Harris is guilty :<

Apparently, he's been found with enough evidence to get him put away. Right down to videos of him and underage girls. Which is strange. He's one of the men you'd think would definitely not have done it!

Saville, definitely. ALWAYS had a strange feeling about him. I knew something was not right about him from the minute I saw him as a boy. Still, he bought his way out of everything until his death.

They're accusing Freddie Starr too? Not a chance in hell! He's a sexual deviant on stage but that's not him at all in person! He's even publicly said "Get a full investigation into me, I want to clear my name."

Problem with this world is, the minute you're even accused of it, you're guilty. Even if you've been found completely innocent and the other person guilty of slander, you've still done it in the eyes of the public.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 23 Sep 2013, 21:59

Oh, thanks, Inspiration. Thanks for showing up at two in the morning.

At least you're HERE. GOD, writing has been tough lately.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 24 Sep 2013, 02:11

Darkobra wrote:Problem with this world is, the minute you're even accused of it, you're guilty. Even if you've been found completely innocent and the other person guilty of slander, you've still done it in the eyes of the public.

There was a paedophile who recently got convinced because he was caught in a trap by a online-vigilante-anti-paedophile group.

The cause has good intent. But it's a little scary how zealous it comes across. I almost felt sorry for the paedophile. It's like "To Catch a Predator".
That's the problem when emotions get caught up in justice. Justice starts to walk towards the line of irony.
Last edited by Merrymaker_Mortalis on 24 Sep 2013, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 24 Sep 2013, 02:30

Hey, me. Stop fucking buying shit you don't need. You've less than two weeks until your big trip, and you're quickly running out of money you dumbass.

Return to “General Discussion”