The Game Venting Thread

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Mara Kalat
First Video: I wish I remembered... (but am not bot!)

Re: The Game Venting Thread

Postby Mara Kalat » 12 Sep 2013, 00:08

You know what Sony Online Entertainment website?
I'd rather not be redirected to the website of the annoying commercial tv channel that for some reason has your publishing rights.
Just let me make an account already!

Mara.

PS - conflict was eventually solved (I won)

What if Alan Turing came up with the test because he was actually a robot and wanted people to find out?
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 12 Sep 2013, 09:21

What game ye playing Mara?

I'm doing DCUOnline.

-

Game Vent: WoW wanted to copy GW2's open gameplay by having a sprawling zones with no dictated 'route' of progression around the place. With things to interact with and events. Jumping puzzles etc.

They achieved this well, except for the fact they don't have shared-tagging. Which means, on high-pop sessions, good luck getting rewarded for killing the standard monsters. Also, WoW's jumping is arse. Shitty things that clips your jump. Things you slide of. It makes jumping puzzles in GW2 as a Norn easy.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 12 Sep 2013, 10:08

Speaking of Sony, does anybody know if and how I can change the trophy language on the PS3? I started playing Dead Island on Spanish, switched to English and while every other game I've played since lists trophies earned in English, Dead Island keeps them in Spanish. Any way I can fix it or is it hardcoded already?
Mara Kalat

Postby Mara Kalat » 12 Sep 2013, 20:18

The Sony game I was playing was Planetside 2, which I found is only fun with friends but quite a lot of fun then.
As for the trophy language, I can only comment on its 360 counterpart where the achievement language is directly locked to the system language. Sounds like it's different for the PS3 by the sound of it.

Mara.

What if Alan Turing came up with the test because he was actually a robot and wanted people to find out?
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 16 Sep 2013, 11:39

On the one hand I feel like starting over Dead Island in a different user account, just to get the trophy names right... but on the other, I'm 35% into the game, and there's sooooooo much stuff I don't want to do again...
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 17 Sep 2013, 06:25

I had a quick look on my PS3 when I got home but I couldn't see anything like that...strange, it must be there somewhere
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 17 Sep 2013, 07:54

Why are people so butthurt that they must be rude for no reason about the most insignificant things? (DotA2)

I'm sorry that you're too ignorant to not realise why I invested in mana potions on the side lane as Zeus. It's not like enemy Lina and Tiny were denied farm.
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 19 Sep 2013, 07:28

Obviously if you're playing a hero slightly differently from them you must be playing the game wrong, right?

I feel ya man.
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 19 Sep 2013, 08:26

I was playing a hero that typically goes mid, and saves about ~300g at the start to get a bottle asap.

But I was on the lane, and I thought rune control wasn't my job (it was our mid's job). So, to support my necessary chain lightning spam (to last hit & harass), I invested in mana pots, and more pots.

I think my team were pissed off because I was getting last hits and spending the gold on pots. (It isn't my fault if my lane partner cannot get last hits. The fact I forced enemy Tiny off the lane to gank was a good thing. It meant I didn't need to chain lightning as much as I needed to)

I did explain why I was doing this, and they were just awful people.

I wonder what is going wrong in their lives, that they lash out like that. They got reported. You can still abuse someone verbally without swears.
Mara Kalat

Postby Mara Kalat » 19 Sep 2013, 09:05

I always love reading MOBA posts, it's like hearing from the going-ons in another country. You think you follow the basic gist of what is being said, but you're never quite sure beyond that you're glad you don't live there.

To fit the thread, I reinstalled Steam because Windows 7 convinced me it was broken and I now lost a good portion of my savegames. Yay!

Mara.

RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 19 Sep 2013, 09:39

Yeah, the crowd isn't always that friendly. I was told to F myself during a mid lane game with Zeus because I kept forgetting to call missing, even though I apolagized and was destroying my lane.

But were you snatching last hits from your carry?
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 19 Sep 2013, 10:46

It was a choice of none of us getting farm, or one of us definitely getting farm.
They didn't comment about me "snatching last hits" from the 'carry'.

They also got pissy when I asked why mid didn't call miss. They told me to look at the map.
-
Zeus isn't the best 'babysitter'. If Zeus is on your lane, you should try to score kills/drive the enemy off the lane with calculated aggression. Which I did.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 21 Sep 2013, 00:50

Yeah, you're totally right about doing that, sorry I questioned your judgement there for a second.

But we should play some DOTA with forum members, that might take out the agressive team members.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 21 Sep 2013, 01:33

I guess the best way to do that is ask for steam IDs.

On topic: ARGH. Why is Skyrim so big, and causes me to reroll a lot. Game's been out 2 years almost, and I still haven't "finished it".
Kiddies on my course look at me like I am sad that I am still not done with Skyrim.
I do miss being a kid. You had a higher burn rate of video games (even if your boredom tolerance was higher.) but it didn't feel like it. Because school made time passsss sooooo slowwwwllllyyyyy.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 22 Sep 2013, 14:02

Bitch PLEASE.
Came out in '09 and NO, still haven't finished it. Take PRIDE in that you're still playing the game (unless you're not enjoying yourself anymore; that's a whole different matter :( )

But on the subject of Steam, I got a little gripe:

Seriously, VALVe? Is Chris Nolan running your Steam web browser team or something? :lol:

Oh, and remember how Steam gives you access to so many things like...the game's manual? Gee, it'd be nice to do so in-game via your really handy shift+tab window... Image
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 25 Sep 2013, 18:45

So, did you know that there's a secret class to unlock in Rogue Legacy? I did. Did you know that all you have to do to unlock it is buy it, scrolling to the top of the screen when you buy I believe one thing in every other skill? I sure as hell forgot. I remember seeing it now when it became available. Only now, after LITERALLY MAXING OUT EVERY STAT IN AN ATTEMPT TO UNLOCK THE LAST THING, do I remember this. Fucking hell... so much wasted time. :/ Maybe I wouldn't have wasted time if they hadn't hidden it in a screen above the normal screen.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 25 Sep 2013, 18:58

I actually found that immediately. It shows you the flag being created when you buy the thing under it. I just looked up and noticed it. I thought "That can't be the secret class. What's so secret about that?"

It was. And it sucks. It is just above Spelunker in terms of bad.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Sep 2013, 19:42

I had found it when it originally popped up, like I mentioned. I just couldn't buy it at the time. And then I completely forgot about it.

I think the Spelunker is better. Spelunker is weaker, but the upgrade that let's you see where every chest is can show you where every boss is, where every mystery room is, and where every fairy chest is. It's pretty useful, especially when you're on your fourth new game +, where the bosses are the easy part.

That said, I like the secret class. It's neat, even if it's not good.
empath

Postby empath » 28 Sep 2013, 19:19

ZePancakes
First Video: Bad News

Postby ZePancakes » 28 Sep 2013, 20:16

Played VVVVVV and oh god, Veni Vedi Vici, I hate you so-o-o much. I like that the game embraces the difficulty and pokes fun at it. 'Easy Mode Unlocked'? Bah.
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

Kapol

Postby Kapol » 28 Sep 2013, 20:21

The most maddening thing that happens in Veni Vedi Vici? when you make it all the way through, get on the way back... and land on the wrong side of the divider. So much rage...

And that's why I don't feel anymore.
EikoandMog

Postby EikoandMog » 28 Sep 2013, 21:08

Kapol wrote:The most maddening thing that happens in Veni Vedi Vici? when you make it all the way through, get on the way back... and land on the wrong side of the divider. So much rage...

And that's why I don't feel anymore.

Everyone has done this at least once.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 28 Sep 2013, 22:01

Not the people smart enough to use the Fuck It adjustment. :P

Also, I got 19 out of 20 shiny things... :/ Now I have to re-search everything.
ZePancakes
First Video: Bad News

Postby ZePancakes » 29 Sep 2013, 00:15

I was exploring and found the giant flashing, crying elephant. It shocked me when I came across it because it was only partially in frame.
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

empath

Postby empath » 29 Sep 2013, 05:32

And notice that you only spot that you've missed one somewhere along the way when you got the 19th?

Can't be when you've bagged 4 and you know you should have 5 by that point, and thus only have to backtrack through 1/4 of the game, instead of ALL of it. ;)

Return to “Video Games”