Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Bebop Man » 02 Oct 2013, 16:49

I hate it when that happens with my flier. Not that I can't see it, I just forget to zip it.
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 02 Oct 2013, 19:49

Laurnil wrote:Okay, I was dating a guy and it was going great. I made sure not to move the relationship any further than he was comfortable with. He had me meet his mother. He had me meet his friends. He asked to spend time with me. I told him up front that because he was younger and a virgin that I wasn't going to push anything. I made sure that he was comfortable with every step of the relationship.

Then, he breaks up with me because he's not ready for a relationship. Well, FUCK YOU, guy! I'm awesome! I am an attorney! I'm beautiful! I'm amazing in bed and I'm pretty sure you're never going to find another woman as skilled as me! I'm also nerdy and could nerd out with you on the same level as your friends. So, again, FUCK YOU and FUCK your breaking up with me with out warning or reason! And, Fuck you for acting like it wasn't a big deal when I had to pick up my things (that you told me to leave in your apartment) from your apartment.
Ooh, I like you. So confident. You go, girl.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 03 Oct 2013, 00:43

Bebop Man wrote:I hate it when that happens with my flier. Not that I can't see it, I just forget to zip it.

Fun story about that: I was watching a comedy routine by Jack Whitehall on TV a while ago, when somebody pointed out that his flies were undone. Cue much hilarity all round, but Whitehall then pointed out a problem posed by this. During a recorded comedy routine, the jokes are frequently not shown in order- every time the shot cuts away to look at an audience member smiling and clapping, it's to allow the video editor to switch clips and start playing another one of the set's jokes. This 'flies down' business was only discovered halfway through the show, meaning that if he pulled his flies up then all the jokes after that point would be easily distinguishable from those made beforehand and meaning that, unless the video editor was particularly careful, his flies were going to be jumping up and down throughout the routine. So, as he explained to the audience, he therefore had to keep his flies down for the entire rest of his set.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 03 Oct 2013, 05:39

Why am I compelled to read comment sections? I never feel better having read comment sections. Usually I'm just incredibly annoyed and more than a little confused on how so many people can be so ignorant. Yet there I go, scrolling down past the news article to see what the general population has to say about it.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 03 Oct 2013, 11:42

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:
Bebop Man wrote:I hate it when that happens with my flier. Not that I can't see it, I just forget to zip it.

Fun story about that: I was watching a comedy routine by Jack Whitehall on TV a while ago, when somebody pointed out that his flies were undone. Cue much hilarity all round, but Whitehall then pointed out a problem posed by this. During a recorded comedy routine, the jokes are frequently not shown in order- every time the shot cuts away to look at an audience member smiling and clapping, it's to allow the video editor to switch clips and start playing another one of the set's jokes. This 'flies down' business was only discovered halfway through the show, meaning that if he pulled his flies up then all the jokes after that point would be easily distinguishable from those made beforehand and meaning that, unless the video editor was particularly careful, his flies were going to be jumping up and down throughout the routine. So, as he explained to the audience, he therefore had to keep his flies down for the entire rest of his set.

If that were me I'd have finished that story with a: "So, mister editor, here is your challenge" and pulled it up.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 03 Oct 2013, 12:15

Dutch guy wrote:
My pseudonym is Ix wrote:

If that were me I'd have finished that story with a: "So, mister editor, here is your challenge" and pulled it up.

Continuity is a harsh mistress.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 03 Oct 2013, 12:57

Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 03 Oct 2013, 12:58

Empath, I know the feels.
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 03 Oct 2013, 13:01

I've learned to never get my hopes up. That way nothing can surprise me.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 03 Oct 2013, 13:11

There's a Simpsons quote somewhere up there.
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 03 Oct 2013, 13:17

Fuck you, today. Fuck you very much.
Laurnil

Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 03 Oct 2013, 13:38

I hate will-full ignorance. Before I begin, this is not a rant against religion, it's a rant against closed Mindedness.
I have a co-worker who I respect and admire a great deal. She is very intelligent, a Christian and she does a lot of volunteering helping out the homeless and disadvantaged around where we live. While on our lunch break today we were talking about inconsequential things when I mentioned that I had recently learned that Phobos (one of Mars' moon) would collide with Mars in several Million Years and the conversation went like this
Her: Won't that be really bad for us
Me: Well were a bit far away to be affected by it
Her: Won't the Space equivalent of a Tsunami happen?
Me: Well no. Were really far away and shock-waves behave differently in a vacuum
Her: Well I always imagined there was air or something up there...It's not really empty is it?
Me: Well there is isolated pockets of gas, mostly Hydrogen and Helium and lots of dust but for the most part it's empty
Her: So...what keeps all the planets up?
Me: What do you mean
Her: If there's no air up there or anything to support them, what stops the planets from falling away from the Sun
Me: Well gravity. The Sun is incredibly dense and is constantly pulling everything close to it, only we're moving so quickly we keep missing it and that's what an Orbit is
Her: (after a few moments) I'm so glad I'm a Christian It's just easier to believe God holds everything up
That, luckily for me, was the end of my lunch break so I could leave without saying anything. That level of will-full ignorance from someone who I know to be very intelligent just get's under my skin. The thought of choosing to disbelieve something which is an observable, measurable phenomenon in favour of something which is easier to believe is just so alien to my outlook on everything that it made me loose some respect for her. It is that that saddens me the most.
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 03 Oct 2013, 13:53

Hepheastus wrote:I hate will-full ignorance. Before I begin, this is not a rant against religion, it's a rant against closed Mindedness.
I have a co-worker who I respect and admire a great deal. She is very intelligent, a Christian and she does a lot of volunteering helping out the homeless and disadvantaged around where we live. While on our lunch break today we were talking about inconsequential things when I mentioned that I had recently learned that Phobos (one of Mars' moon) would collide with Mars in several Million Years and the conversation went like this
Her: Won't that be really bad for us
Me: Well were a bit far away to be affected by it
Her: Won't the Space equivalent of a Tsunami happen?
Me: Well no. Were really far away and shock-waves behave differently in a vacuum
Her: Well I always imagined there was air or something up there...It's not really empty is it?
Me: Well there is isolated pockets of gas, mostly Hydrogen and Helium and lots of dust but for the most part it's empty
Her: So...what keeps all the planets up?
Me: What do you mean
Her: If there's no air up there or anything to support them, what stops the planets from falling away from the Sun
Me: Well gravity. The Sun is incredibly dense and is constantly pulling everything close to it, only we're moving so quickly we keep missing it and that's what an Orbit is
Her: (after a few moments) I'm so glad I'm a Christian It's just easier to believe God holds everything up
That, luckily for me, was the end of my lunch break so I could leave without saying anything. That level of will-full ignorance from someone who I know to be very intelligent just get's under my skin. The thought of choosing to disbelieve something which is an observable, measurable phenomenon in favour of something which is easier to believe is just so alien to my outlook on everything that it made me loose some respect for her. It is that that saddens me the most.

Could it have been a bad joke? (Trying to give some hope) It sounds like she understood the concept and was trying to incorporate that knowledge into her own knowledge base, based on what you've said. If it really was, well I just want to be dumb, then I'm very sorry you had to have that conversation. No one should deal with that level of dumb. *Pats on back*
Laurnil

Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 03 Oct 2013, 14:02

Ironically I saw this movie called Gravity yesterday and it cleared my doubts regarding physics in space. Ask her out and take her to watch it as an inside joke.
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 03 Oct 2013, 14:06

OMG, watching the previews to that movie makes me sick. That and drowning are my two biggest fears regarding my own death. I'm not an astronaut, so I'm lucky there.
Laurnil

Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 03 Oct 2013, 14:10

It's a very good movie though. I don't think I've ever been this thrilled by an astronaut movie. And the camerawork is fucking gorgeous.
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 03 Oct 2013, 14:34

Can't. I have a panic attack from the trailer. I wouldn't survive the movie.
Laurnil

Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 03 Oct 2013, 14:37

Ooh yeah, I saw a review of that It looked really good, kinda minimalist storytelling which always interests me. As for asking her out, well she's about twenty years older than me so...no thanks :P
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 03 Oct 2013, 15:38

Mice... Why are you in my house?
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 03 Oct 2013, 17:56

We drove 12 and a half hours so that we could go to my sister-in-laws wedding (lady hosks sister). I am already not a fan of her and less of a fan of her soon to be husband, but family so you do what you do.

She is upset at Lady Hosk and I that we wouldnt come down earlier so my wife, who is 8 months pregnant, could go to the bacheloret party tonight, and called three times today while we were driving down to ask if maybe after we got into town I could bring Lady Hosk by the party because its her wedding and we should do what she wants.

So we are already in a bad moon, and we get here to find the clueless desk clerk who is irritated that we are interrupting her phone call, informs us that we are not in the Extended room we had booked, which has a living area and a bedroom with two king beds, we instead have a standard room with two full beds but not to worry, we wont be charge the higher rate of 129 (which was a discount rate) we will only be charged the regular standard room rate of 99.

I said "I reserved a extended room three weeks ago, here is my reservation number, here is the conformation"

She said "sir We are sold out you are lucky we still have a standard room available for you, check in is at 1PM its almost 8 oclock"

I counter "We reserved a larger room three weeks ago, we noted that we would be late it says so on the reservation, and you moved us to a smaller room without consulting us, and you want me to feel lucky because you didnt sell that smaller room too and just throw out our reservation?"

She says "Yes sir, we are very busy tonight, If you dont want the room, I am sure I can sell it to someone else we have had several calls requesting a room already tonight but since you have a reservation we held a room, I dont understand why you are upset, this room is less expensive, We saved you $30 by changing your reservation. I should warn you that if you choose to cancel your reservation at this late hour we will charge you for one nights stay"

Me: "I dont have the energy to fight right now I have been on the road for 12 hours I will check in and figure out what we are doing for the rest of our stay tomorrow"

Her: Well sir, I dont see why you are blaming me for this, I wasnt the one who arrived late, you did. And if you cancel your reservation, you wont find another room in this area everyone is booked up. (she hands me the room key and picks up her phone, while I am still standing there) and says "sorry I had to deal with another customer, so where do you want to go tomorrow night..."
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 03 Oct 2013, 18:12

I think the standard protocole in that situation would be to punch his lights out.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 03 Oct 2013, 19:09

Goddammit mind, just shut the @#$% up. The initial windup and fire of a minigun, a partial loop of perusing my true self from persona 4 and maniacal laughter just keep echoing. It's distracting.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 03 Oct 2013, 21:22

(Please excuse this interruption in your regularly scheduled venting to remind people to please send me pages by Sunday. Thank you!)
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 04 Oct 2013, 02:57

viscomica wrote:I think the standard protocole in that situation would be to punch his lights out.

Her lights. But no, I'd ask for her manager's home phone number.

Y'know, there are times where I wish every in-person business interaction was 'recorded for quality purposes', because I'd love to be presenting the record of her insolence, contempt and UTTERLY unprofessional behaviour.

I'll be honest, if I'm working in the deli in the evening, after the supper rush, my job is basically 90% clean-up and 10% keep an eye out for the occasional customer. And now that the hot case is to remain open until 8pm instead of 7pm, that only give me two hours to get that cleared out, cleaned out and rebuilt (along with all the other clean up - and prep work for the next morning), so yeah, inwardly I *do* grumble when someone appears at the meat case and asks for something to be cut.

...but I still serve them, and sure as hell don't THEM notice my displeasure. Cuz, you know, that's my fucking JOB. There are a lot of aspects to my job that I'm not fond of, but there is one BIG one - it pays my rent.

...apparently she doesn't like that enough?
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 04 Oct 2013, 03:21

Lord Hosk wrote:We drove 12 and a half hours so that we could go to my sister-in-laws wedding (lady hosks sister). I am already not a fan of her and less of a fan of her soon to be husband, but family so you do what you do.

She is upset at Lady Hosk and I that we wouldnt come down earlier so my wife, who is 8 months pregnant, could go to the bacheloret party tonight, and called three times today while we were driving down to ask if maybe after we got into town I could bring Lady Hosk by the party because its her wedding and we should do what she wants.

So we are already in a bad moon, and we get here to find the clueless desk clerk who is irritated that we are interrupting her phone call, informs us that we are not in the Extended room we had booked, which has a living area and a bedroom with two king beds, we instead have a standard room with two full beds but not to worry, we wont be charge the higher rate of 129 (which was a discount rate) we will only be charged the regular standard room rate of 99.

I said "I reserved a extended room three weeks ago, here is my reservation number, here is the conformation"

She said "sir We are sold out you are lucky we still have a standard room available for you, check in is at 1PM its almost 8 oclock"

I counter "We reserved a larger room three weeks ago, we noted that we would be late it says so on the reservation, and you moved us to a smaller room without consulting us, and you want me to feel lucky because you didnt sell that smaller room too and just throw out our reservation?"

She says "Yes sir, we are very busy tonight, If you dont want the room, I am sure I can sell it to someone else we have had several calls requesting a room already tonight but since you have a reservation we held a room, I dont understand why you are upset, this room is less expensive, We saved you $30 by changing your reservation. I should warn you that if you choose to cancel your reservation at this late hour we will charge you for one nights stay"

Me: "I dont have the energy to fight right now I have been on the road for 12 hours I will check in and figure out what we are doing for the rest of our stay tomorrow"

Her: Well sir, I dont see why you are blaming me for this, I wasnt the one who arrived late, you did. And if you cancel your reservation, you wont find another room in this area everyone is booked up. (she hands me the room key and picks up her phone, while I am still standing there) and says "sorry I had to deal with another customer, so where do you want to go tomorrow night..."

One of my biggest pet peeves is incompetent/rude service industry workers. Is this hotel a large branch? Find out who owns it and write a letter. Hell, tell me who the branch is and I will draft you a very harshly worded letter. I usually can get at least a free night or a discounted other stay in another hotel
Laurnil

Return to “General Discussion”