The Big Relationship Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Re: The Big Relationship Thread

Postby KiteNeravar » 07 Oct 2013, 09:45

They are what OkCupid decides as unacceptable.
One was "Would you get upset if your girlfriend/boyfriend flirted in front of you?"

and one was

"How much do you go "clubbing" (out dancing in bars)?"
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 07 Oct 2013, 09:55

Just to be clear - OKC doesn't determine 'unacceptable.' Unacceptable means that your answer doesn't meet what the other individual expects from their SO or what you'd expect from a SO doesn't agree with their answer, or both. That's why each question has two sections... what is your answer, and what answers would you accept. It just means your answers didn't match, so that item is flagged for your review. OKC isn't 'judging' you.
KiteNeravar

Postby KiteNeravar » 07 Oct 2013, 10:09

OKC does list them under the heading "acceptable answers" though, that is all I was clarifying.
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 07 Oct 2013, 13:49

(Okay...I know what you're talking about, but as an Okie, I have to do this)

What's this gotta do with Oklahoma City?
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
KiteNeravar

Postby KiteNeravar » 07 Oct 2013, 17:29

I had to think about that for a minute, well played
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 08 Oct 2013, 22:35

Eight months in a relationship and not a single fight, woo.
Tycherin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby Tycherin » 08 Oct 2013, 22:44

Wait, don't - aw, now you've jinxed it!
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 08 Oct 2013, 22:52

I was talking about this earlier today with my girlfriend anyway. But it's actually been on my mind for a few months now. Ever since my high school dating experience I'm mentalized to expect "fight number one" around the third to fourth month of dating.
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 09 Oct 2013, 05:31

Woohoo! (high fives Bebop)
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 09 Oct 2013, 05:38

Reading the second comment without having read the first gave the impression that you were a delayed-reaction Scott Pilgrim...
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 09 Oct 2013, 08:29

If only!
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 09 Oct 2013, 09:03

Speaking of which, Bebop, I'm the first evil ex you have to fight. Sorry to bring it up here, but I can't afford the air-fare to come and fight you in person. Let me know how you want to go about this.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 09 Oct 2013, 09:06

Suppose I just skim over your post :P
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 09 Oct 2013, 09:42

So I went and asked that cute Irish girl who works at the old-fashioned sweet shop if she wants to hang out sometime. It was kinda scary, even though it was not like "asking her out", just asking if she'd like us to get to know one another.

She told me very quickly that she has a boyfriend, and so I did my best to clarify (whilst rather flustered because I was already out of my comfort-zone, socially speaking) that I was just after making a new friend.

I came away with her number, and she has mine. We've exchanged a few texts, and I think we may be meeting up on Sunday, but it's a little nebulous at the moment. Still, I was brave and I think I may have made a new friend. :)
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 09 Oct 2013, 10:15

Bebop Man wrote:Suppose I just skim over your post :P

Soooo Scott Pilgrim :)
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 09 Oct 2013, 10:17

The Jester wrote:So I went and asked that cute Irish girl who works at the old-fashioned sweet shop if she wants to hang out sometime. It was kinda scary, even though it was not like "asking her out", just asking if she'd like us to get to know one another.

She told me very quickly that she has a boyfriend, and so I did my best to clarify (whilst rather flustered because I was already out of my comfort-zone, socially speaking) that I was just after making a new friend.

I came away with her number, and she has mine. We've exchanged a few texts, and I think we may be meeting up on Sunday, but it's a little nebulous at the moment. Still, I was brave and I think I may have made a new friend. :)

Hmm.... shady!

So long as you know what you're getting into... Good luck, make new friends, little grasshopper.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 09 Oct 2013, 10:28

What's so shady about asking a girl out, ya cynical panda.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 09 Oct 2013, 10:32

I wasn't even asking her out, just asking if she'd like to spend some time getting to know one another.

Or is there something else that strikes you as shady?
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 09 Oct 2013, 10:43

Hey! I'm not a cynical panda! ;) I'm just saying, you think she's cute, you were nervous while not-asking her out ... I think it's cool to make friends, obviously, just, y'know, don't get in too deep? But yeah, sorry, haha, I was way out of line. At any rate, have fun making new friends :D
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 09 Oct 2013, 10:44

What do you mean by "don't get in too deep"?
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 09 Oct 2013, 10:49

Oh, nothing, it meant try not to get too invested in her or lead her on. Again, sorry if I sounded like an elderly hipster panda who has a problem when anyone does anything :) Maybe it's because the situation seemed so foreign to me! Again, my apologies.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 09 Oct 2013, 10:57

I was totally not going to try and lead her on and I have gotten much, much better at not getting myself too invested in an idea of a relationship (as opposed to the reality that would be, even were the other party interested). In any case, I'm trying to make it a standard personal policy not to get into a relationship with someone I don't know really, really well already.

My last relationship was a jump-first-look-later, rushed thing and it left me completely burnt out and exhausted. I'm still recovering, and it made me promise myself to spend a whole hell of a long time getting to know any potential new partners before thinking seriously of a relationship with them, with a preference for organic growth of a new relationship from a long friendship that features a quantity of mutual attraction.

I'm just looking for friends at the moment, because for various reasons I don't really have many around me here, and for example last week when I found out that my ex was already in a new relationship (less than a week after our breakup) I would have really liked to text a friend and say "Hey, do you wanna hang out? I feel like I need some company", but couldn't because the few people I know here were all busy. :?
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 09 Oct 2013, 11:00

The Jester wrote:I was totally not going to try and lead her on and I have gotten much, much better at not getting myself too invested in an idea of a relationship (as opposed to the reality that would be, even were the other party interested). In any case, I'm trying to make it a standard personal policy not to get into a relationship with someone I don't know really, really well already.

My last relationship was a jump-first-look-later, rushed thing and it left me completely burnt out and exhausted. I'm still recovering, and it made me promise myself to spend a whole hell of a long time getting to know any potential new partners before thinking seriously of a relationship with them, with a preference for organic growth of a new relationship from a long friendship that features a quantity of mutual attraction.

I'm just looking for friends at the moment, because for various reasons I don't really have many around me here, and for example last week when I found out that my ex was already in a new relationship (less than a week after our breakup) I would have really liked to text a friend and say "Hey, do you wanna hang out? I feel like I need some company", but couldn't because the few people I know here were all busy. :?

Sorry about that! I was just throwing my two cents.
KiteNeravar

Postby KiteNeravar » 09 Oct 2013, 12:11

So small snag in the OkCupid thing, turns out I forgot to change my location (I now live about 200 miles away) although I plan to move back to that area as soon as I find a full time job. Also the girl I was going to message hasn't been on in about 3 months
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 09 Oct 2013, 12:15

That sucks. It's a good idea to adjust filters so you start out checking Online Right Now profiles at close vicinity.

Return to “General Discussion”