Loading Time - Badly Broken

Talk about our latest behind the scenes videos.
Graham
Super Moderator

Loading Time - Badly Broken

Postby Graham » 10 Oct 2013, 23:24

Behind the scenes of Badly Broken, featuring a complete lack of meth and/or actual BB spoilers.
Nanosauromo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Re: Loading Time - Badly Broken

Postby Nanosauromo » 11 Oct 2013, 00:00

How do you only condemn half a building?
Narcuru
First Video: Into the Breach - CheckPoint

Postby Narcuru » 11 Oct 2013, 07:01

Nanosauromo wrote:How do you only condemn half a building?

My assumption is that if you can safely close off a portion of the building from the rest of it, and have it such that if that portion happens to come down it won't structurally affect the rest of the building, then you can condemn that portion with little issue.

Condemned doesn't necessarily mean it isn't structurally sound (though generally it does) it could just mean that it isn't in compliance with certain local codes for infestation/fire hazards/etc. You can condemn a building for being infested with rats, and then after the landowner cleans it up have the building become "un-condemned."

Supposedly one of the buildings on campus where I work at is, or at least was condemned. This was supposedly during the same time the Architecture department (of all departments) was using it for classrooms. It's possible that the building had been condemned at one time (for pests or something), got fixed up and declared safe, and then used. Consequently, the story was embellished by young prospective architects who didn't have The Whole Story.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 11 Oct 2013, 07:57

I think they had an issue where the moonbase was always cold and some outlets didnt work. So if you take those basic maintenance issues and extrapolate a little to the rest of the building it is real easy to see how part of a building could be "unfit for use"

As Narcuru said, it doesnt have to be structural.

Also, million dollar stretch goal: LRR builds a 3000-10000 square foot custom moonbase rising from the ashes of moonbase two.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Eric the Orange
First Video: The Job

Postby Eric the Orange » 11 Oct 2013, 10:41

Dang, Baxter is getting BIIIIIIG.
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 11 Oct 2013, 11:58

KITTY!

or rather

GIANT kitty.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 11 Oct 2013, 12:16

Lord Hosk wrote:Also, million dollar stretch goal: LRR builds a 3000-10000 square foot custom moonbase rising from the ashes of moonbase two.

Ummm, Hosk? Did you SEE where Moonbase two was located? If we're looking for an awesome spot for a custom made Moonbase, might I suggest...Well...Almost anywhere else in Victoria? It's a beautiful city, there's gotta be some land available somewhere that doesn't look like it's a rat warehouse emporium.

I should try to do a Kickstarter for the community to buy the Moonbase and re-write their rental agreement. I'm sure we could make it hilarious.
CitronPie
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby CitronPie » 11 Oct 2013, 12:55

Clypheous wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:Also, million dollar stretch goal: LRR builds a 3000-10000 square foot custom moonbase rising from the ashes of moonbase two.

Ummm, Hosk? Did you SEE where Moonbase two was located? If we're looking for an awesome spot for a custom made Moonbase, might I suggest...Well...Almost anywhere else in Victoria? It's a beautiful city, there's gotta be some land available somewhere that doesn't look like it's a rat warehouse emporium.

I should try to do a Kickstarter for the community to buy the Moonbase and re-write their rental agreement. I'm sure we could make it hilarious.

"Dave's Rat Warehouse Emporium" sounds like a business a certain salesman would advertise.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 11 Oct 2013, 17:24

Clypheous wrote:

I think the landlord operates his business out of the front half of the moonbase. Thats whats on the other side of the dry erase board door.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
jaxturtle
First Video: Commodor Hustle Season 1 - Laundry

Postby jaxturtle » 11 Oct 2013, 21:47

Can every Loading Time involve kitties and Kathleen styling a wig on Paul's head? Because seriously, that's all the enjoyment I need in life.

Return to “Loading Time”