FRIDAY NIGHTS: The Masters

Talk about the latest LRR draft videos or Friday Nights.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: FRIDAY NIGHTS: The Masters

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Jun 2013, 11:51

Nahh uhh, you added it when you quoted. ;)
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Scarlo626
First Video: The Return

Postby Scarlo626 » 07 Jul 2013, 20:55

So... it's a little late, but it's also my first post. So I hope this actually gets seen. After watching the video back when it first came out around midnight EST, I saw the cluestone cupcakes and thought "MUST DO!" Then I realized cupcakes are deceptively a lot more work, so cakes instead. Somewhat inspired by this episode, I invited a bunch of people over to draft. And made Guild Cakes. Then next week, we were drafting modern masters at my LGS, and I did it again. Thus, Cakecrashing Modern Masters occurred! Pictures!

http://imgur.com/a/k7yKO <== posted by some kind soul at our modern masters draft.

Kate Stark, I feel your pain in making those fondant (and Marzipan on the Orzhov cake) toppers, mine were larger and I imagine much easier to cut than yours were. I have no idea how you did it for those tiny cupcakes.

Cakes were as follows:
An Orzhov Checkboard cake made with a vanilla butter and devil's food cake batter. Topped with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting and black food coloring. "Diabetes is the only thing the Orzhov will give you for free."

The Simic cake was a pistachio cake with a whipped cream frosting. "It's a layer taller than the others cause it had to evolve when the others entered the battlefield."

The Izzet Cake was red velvet with cream cheese frosting, with pop-rocks on the side for sprinkles. THe cake was just moist enough that you could hear them popping when first topped. "Izzet overloaded with flavor?"

And the most important thing of all was anyone that ate the cake looked goth.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 07 Jul 2013, 22:17

Very nicely done!
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 08 Jul 2013, 08:08

Hey, I saw those posted on reddit, nice! Those are some sweet cakes (pun not intended). Question: do you have to pay to eat the Orzhov cake? Does the Simic cake get larger if you put down a bigger cake? Did the Izzet cake explode for no discernable reason? :D

Also you should totally head over to the Introduce Yourself thread and...introduce yourself. As first posts go though, yours is pretty awesome. ;)
"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

LRL: http://imgur.com/a/EoMQz#0
Desert Bus 007: http://imgur.com/a/ikM5G#0
Desert Bus 8: http://imgur.com/a/ksPiS

Twitter | Twitch

Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 08 Jul 2013, 10:34

Can't Wear Hats wrote:Does the Simic cake get larger if you put down a bigger cake?

I very nearly lost it when I read that. Food would have gone everywhere.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
Nanosauromo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Nanosauromo » 15 Oct 2013, 14:55

Bill would have eaten the Simic Slaw.

Return to “MtG”