The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Re: The Sex Thread 2: Because Two Hands Are Better Than One

Postby Duckay » 15 Oct 2013, 15:31

My husband is 10 years older than I am. My best friend, who is my age, has recently started dating a woman my husband's age. Virtually the only time I think about the age difference is when someone brings up age differences.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 15 Oct 2013, 16:24

Laurnil wrote:Nah, because ultimately, a person's experiences shade that person's understanding of the meaning of a word. Even if they look it up, the words used to explain a word are still made up of words that are again altered by one's perception of the world. What I perceive as blue may not be what you perceive as blue. Perceptions of language is where language fails. We can never really, truly know the meaning of a persons words without being able to read their minds.

Reminds me of this friend of a friend I have.This guy apparently is the best sex my friend has even imagined (topical!) but he's also incapable of admitting any fault. Like he for some reason thought the word "magnanimous" was an insult, describing someone narcissistic or self-aggrandizing. So after fighting over this for a whole day and consulting four different dictionaries he admits that the actual definitions that people use may be what everyone else thinks it means, but he's still going to use it as what he thinks it means and feel insulted if someone says it about him.

I can't wait for mind reading to be a thing.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 15 Oct 2013, 16:39

There's certainly a lot of renowned actresses I would not turn down, but I don't know how back into the 20th Century I'd go before I'd just spend the whole event worrying about breaking something with them.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 15 Oct 2013, 16:40

My ex had a similar thing with the phrase 'layman's terms', or 'layperson'. As far as he was concerned, there existed no field in which he was a layperson, because layperson meant someone who was willfully uneducated.

Mind you, it was difficult to argue with him in general, because he would make statements that were factually wrong, defend them passionately for half an hour, and then claim to have been trolling me.
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 15 Oct 2013, 17:38

Lyinginbedmon wrote:There's certainly a lot of renowned actresses I would not turn down, but I don't know how back into the 20th Century I'd go before I'd just spend the whole event worrying about breaking something with them.

How so?
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 15 Oct 2013, 17:46

Duckay wrote:Mind you, it was difficult to argue with him in general, because he would make statements that were factually wrong, defend them passionately for half an hour, and then claim to have been trolling me.

I can't believe anyone would admit to trolling someone. I can't believe trolling exists. People are just saying hateful things to stir the pot? They're expressing ideas not of their own just to intentionally harm people's feelings? This might go to the language thing, but that is the impression I get when someone explains it to me. And, your ex willing, even as a lie to cover his other bad behavior, stated that he was doing it? I can see why he's your ex.
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 15 Oct 2013, 18:06

Laurnil wrote:I can't believe anyone would admit to trolling someone. I can't believe trolling exists. People are just saying hateful things to stir the pot? They're expressing ideas not of their own just to intentionally harm people's feelings? This might go to the language thing, but that is the impression I get when someone explains it to me. And, your ex willing, even as a lie to cover his other bad behavior, stated that he was doing it? I can see why he's your ex.

Pretty much, yes. I honestly don't know if he was claiming 'trolling' to make up for realizing that he was wrong and wanting to save face, or if he really was just saying these things to stir me up. Either way, he's an ex now.
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 15 Oct 2013, 18:07

Laurnil wrote:
Duckay wrote:Mind you, it was difficult to argue with him in general, because he would make statements that were factually wrong, defend them passionately for half an hour, and then claim to have been trolling me.

I can't believe anyone would admit to trolling someone. I can't believe trolling exists. People are just saying hateful things to stir the pot? They're expressing ideas not of their own just to intentionally harm people's feelings? This might go to the language thing, but that is the impression I get when someone explains it to me. And, your ex willing, even as a lie to cover his other bad behavior, stated that he was doing it? I can see why he's your ex.

I don't think people troll because they like to harm people's feelings (most of the time) Most of them troll because they want to make people feel awkward or because they want to drive attention to them. I reckon trolls like to troll because they know no other way (?) :D Silly creatures
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 15 Oct 2013, 18:21

I think whether age is an issue or not hinges largely on what "stage of life" each person is going through rather than on the difference itself. Check out my cousin, he's 23 and just split up with his girlfriend of 32. They were together for quite a few years. But she's an adult with a full-time job, a business partnership and all her friends are mommies, so she's also leaning towards that. My cousin is a 23 year old bloke halfway through college who just wants to hang out and save for his next PS3 game. So it's not the 9 years that killed it. If anything, it's the different stages of life they're at, of which time is but an indicator.
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 15 Oct 2013, 18:27

Hmm, about stages and age.... do you think perhaps there was a social conditioning in the past? Y'know, I keep hearing stories about women marrying at 18 with old men not so long ago (and I mean halfway through the 20th century)
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 15 Oct 2013, 18:31

To an extent, there's been concerns about that in my relationship. My husband works a full-time job with regular hours. I work erratic hours (including mornings, afternoons, evenings and overnights). My husband's idea of a good time on an 'evening off' is to stay at home and watch TV or play video games; mine is to go out and play Magic: The Gathering or poker. This could be age-related, certainly, but it's also personality-related.

The way we tend to work it out is more or less to agree in advance how many nights I'm going out for Magic/poker/etc, and when I'm staying in with him. When I have to work overnight that's a different story, of course.
Mowinckel
First Video: Bump in the night

Postby Mowinckel » 15 Oct 2013, 23:04

viscomica wrote:
Laurnil wrote:

I don't think people troll because they like to harm people's feelings (most of the time) Most of them troll because they want to make people feel awkward or because they want to drive attention to them. I reckon trolls like to troll because they know no other way (?) :D Silly creatures

It can be a way to make people think (if done right... most people do not do it right) by making them argue themselves into a corner, forcing them into a paradox where they are against themselves, and so have to reconsider and become better people
If I'm half-mad, then which do you think I consider my better half?
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 15 Oct 2013, 23:19

Mowinckel wrote:It can be a way to make people think (if done right... most people do not do it right) by making them argue themselves into a corner, forcing them into a paradox where they are against themselves, and so have to reconsider and become better people

I can't imagine a situation where taking a dishonest position would help with that.

Here's the thing when someone admits they're trolling: Then nothing they ever say necessarily means anything. You don't know if they believe in anything they say, so why then should you care or even listen to them?
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 15 Oct 2013, 23:56

Amake wrote:
Mowinckel wrote:It can be a way to make people think (if done right... most people do not do it right) by making them argue themselves into a corner, forcing them into a paradox where they are against themselves, and so have to reconsider and become better people

I can't imagine a situation where taking a dishonest position would help with that.

Here's the thing when someone admits they're trolling: Then nothing they ever say necessarily means anything. You don't know if they believe in anything they say, so why then should you care or even listen to them?

Schrodinger's Troll.
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 16 Oct 2013, 03:39

Bebop, lol.

Mowinckel: There is playing devil's advocate and then there is trolling. What is the point of backing a person into a corner? I certainly will have discussions with people and I will point out the flaws in their logic, but I don't go after a person. I don't personally attack someone. I don't know, but it seems to me that a "troll" lacks all common civility and decency. There can be logical discourse without insult. And, at the very least, one should certainly never "troll" their significant other.
Laurnil

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 16 Oct 2013, 03:53

Who's trespassing on my bridge?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 16 Oct 2013, 05:02

Mowinckel wrote:

It can be a way to make people think (if done right... most people do not do it right) by making them argue themselves into a corner, forcing them into a paradox where they are against themselves, and so have to reconsider and become better people

I don't think trolls are capable of being so introspective.
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 16 Oct 2013, 05:40

Elomin Sha wrote:Who's trespassing on my bridge?

Me. Whatchu gunna do 'bout it?
Laurnil

Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 16 Oct 2013, 06:06

Going by Elomin Sha's forum persona I would guess fire or bags, quite possibly both.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 16 Oct 2013, 07:46

Yes, but I have hugs.
Laurnil

JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 16 Oct 2013, 08:17

I know it's a bit late, but I missed it and want to comment: I would totally do Lucy Liu. I think anyone would. She's freaking perfect. I want to be her.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 16 Oct 2013, 09:33

I'd totally do Lucy Liu. Sexy lady.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 16 Oct 2013, 09:45

Absolutely, she's what? Mid-forties? Incredibly hot.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 16 Oct 2013, 10:23

I have mixed feelings about Catherine Keener. It's like on the one hand I want her to be my mom... but on the other I find her incredibly attractive.
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 16 Oct 2013, 10:26

Freud surely wouldn't see a problem with that :P
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"

Return to “General Discussion”