Fourth Annual Secret Santa! (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Fourth Annual Secret Santa! (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

Postby TheRocket » 01 Nov 2013, 15:45

Copy Pasta’d from last years, with modifications!

You can stop refreshing your browsers and start peeing yourselves in excitement! It’s the fourth (ermahgerdnowai) annual LRR Forum Christmas Gift Exchange! I promised you all signups would be available on November 1st, and I kept that promise =D

WHAT IT IS:

To celebrate the holiday we will be doing a Christmas gift exchange! This is where you will send someone a gift under $10.00 in the mail and you in return will receive one.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE: This is an international gift exchange. Your secret santa could live on the other side of the world! Unless you want to pay 3x as much for shipping as you did for the gift, keep the gift size small and light. Do not send weapons. Do not send food. These things will more than likely be confiscated by customs if you get someone across the pond from you. If you need help with how to ship something visit your local post office for the best advice. Alternatively, if you don’t feel creative or want to save all together on shipping, online gift cards are fabu in style!

DONATIONS: Along with your gift and shipping, I am asking for a small donation per person through paypal. This worked nicely last year, although the two people who got stiffed on their gifts decided to donate their gift money anyways to Childs play, which was tres sweet. I have been thinking a lot about past years and the disappointment of our fellow forumites who did not get a gift. I thought all year like a good little Christmas elf about what I could do to alleviate such a sad situation if it happened again this year. I came to the conclusion that if a small donation could be made to a paypal account, in the end if someone is left out we would have a fall back on buying them a small gift + shipping. Alternatively if 2 or more people are left out I could buy them online gift certificates. If NO ONE is left out we can donate the money to ChildsPlay!! By small donation I mean $1.00 – $3.00, whatever you can spare. I know there will be some people that cannot afford any further donating or purchasing on top of gift and shipping, and there will be some who for them $2.00 isn’t a huge deal…. And in the end we’ve covered all our bases! I’m not making it mandatory We had 35 people sign up last year (and 2 people did not receive their gifts), so even if 20 people donated 2$ or we averaged that, we’d have enough to cover a couple people who might lose out, or alternatively have 40$ for an awesome charity this entire community supports. SKADOOSH!

Paypal email: [email protected]

HOW IT WORKS:

1.Respond to this thread with your username and the word: CONFIRMED in ALL CAPS AND GREEN.

It should look like this:

THE ROCKET: CONFIRMED

2.Below your username, please include a bit about yourself to give your secret santa an idea of what you like. Please don’t make it a “gift wish list”. Put this part in yellow!

It should look something like this:

I’m a photographer who loves photo related trinkets and all things photography. I am a bit of a geek and my house is gamer themed. Ocarina of Time is my favourite game. Popcorn is my favourite food in the entire world. I enjoy good facial hair and really wish I could smell Jensen Ackles.

Now, this is just to give your secret santa an idea of who you are and what types of things you like. This is beneficial if people are newer to the forums and don’t have a strong feel of what you might like. This is not a gift wish list. It is not a reflection of what you may receive as a gift. It is entirely up to the giver what they want to send you! Don’t feel restricted by the ‘blurb’ – use as much imagination and creativity as you want! Gifts are not limited to purchasing; you can absolutely make your gift if you are feeling crafty!

What it should NOT look like:

You can get me season 1 of Community. . A new set of pots and pans. I’d like some new Magic cards. A new pair of slippers. Etc.

3.PM me your mailing address and a REAL name.
We have had issues in the past with the post office and forum names. Please make sure to include your zip or postal. I do NOT keep addresses after the Secret Santa season is over, so if you assume I still have your info from last year, I do not. It is all deleted because I feel like keeping your personal information is weird and I don’t like it.

4.LAST DAY TO SIGN UP IS NOVEMBER 15th
. I will not take names after that. I tried to accommodate late sign ups in years past, and it made things very difficult! Some people didn’t end up getting their gifts until February! This gives you 2 full weeks to decide if you can afford this and sign up.

5.Names will be drawn the weekend of the 17th.
You will get a pm with your Secret Santa as well as their address. You can then visit this thread to read the blurb about your secret santa if you need ideas.

6.Go forth and get or make a gift!

Please have your gift sent out by the first weekend of December.

Mail is CRAZY SAUCE during Christmas and will probably take weeks to get to your Secret Santa. Especially if you get someone far away. Feel free to include a card or a note, and please include your forum name in your package. I know this means you don’t get to guess who your secret santa is in the end, but honestly, you can’t send a package in the mail without including your name and addy, so it’s a giveaway already.

7.When you receive your package please do not post on the forum WHO your package was from since people won’t get their packages at the same time and the process of elimination makes it less fun. However! Feel free to post photos of your super awesome gift and the glee on your face! <--- The most fun!

8.Have a Merry Christmas!

Also note: if you need to drop out please tell me BEFORE NOVEMBER 15th. If you sign up and then do not deliver on your promise, you will not be eligible for next years secret santa as it is completely unfair of you to accept a gift and not send one.

AND OFFICIAL SIGN UP GO GO GO GO GO!!!

OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA LINE UP!

1. ELOMIN SHA
2. MINNICHI
3. GC MINAJ
4. LORD HOSK
5. NICHOLASMC1
6. AUBERGINE
7. DUCKAY
8. JACKSLACK
9. KING KOOL
10. METCARFRE
11. TAPIR12
12. PHAILHAMMER
13. FAYILI
14. KEAB42
15. OCELLOTTEERRAININENENER ... I gave up.
16. DANZAMA
17. ELVOR
18. PSYCLONE
19. PTANG
20. GEOFFB
21. THE MIMM
22. TEH JESTER
23. JAMFALCON
24. EVIL JIM

Last edited by TheRocket on 24 Nov 2013, 11:20, edited 7 times in total.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Fourth Annual Secret Santa! (SIGN UPS NOW OPEN)

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Nov 2013, 15:48

Confirmed: Elomin of Sha

Likes Ancient history such as the Assyrians, Drawing, Writing and is a video gamer.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 01 Nov 2013, 16:38

MinniChi: Confirmed

I am a mom of two, a chef, and soon, a student of the pastry arts. I love reading sci-fi/fantasy, of course I like LRR, and I enjoy video games, though I prefer rpgs over any other genre. I also enjoy crocheting and sewing, though now most of my crafty skills are put towards making things to distract my 4 year old and infant.

I can't wait to see who I get to gift to this year. Maybe this time I'll manage to get it sent out early. :)
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 01 Nov 2013, 17:26

Confirmed: gcninja

likes card games such as magic and just getting back into yugioh. i like science fiction, anime, and doctor who. I like long walks on the beach and horseback riding to workout when I can and am trying to eath healthier. I enjoy ds games as it's my only means to play and surfing the internet
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 01 Nov 2013, 17:29

Lord Hosk CONFIRMED

I like long walks on the beach, Classic Star Wars, Anything by Joss Wheadon (other than shield which is kinda weak) The gifts I got from last years secret santa, LoadingReadyRun, MTG, Board Games, my shirt size is XL. I consume books, I am a big fan of Timothy Zahn, Tracy Hickman, Michael Stockpole, Orson Scott Card, and Margaret Weis, so if you have a author you love that runs on those lines I would love to start a new author, as well as historical stuff I love the "what you might not have known" pop up video style of history shows "you know the big stuff but did you know...".

My Christmas wish list for the past 4 years has been "Donations to ChildsPlay Charity, Donations to the Fisher House"
Last edited by Lord Hosk on 02 Nov 2013, 06:06, edited 2 times in total.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 01 Nov 2013, 17:30

I have been GCNINJAED

I had to double submit because you submitted just before me, AND you stole my joke!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 01 Nov 2013, 17:35

EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 01 Nov 2013, 18:13

Don't forget to reply to this thread AND send me your addy in a PM. Please don't forget Zip, Postal codes and in all cases, countries!

nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 01 Nov 2013, 18:30

NICHOLASMC1 CONFIRMED

Hi guys, I like art, music, video games, I've been known to create strange/wonderful/weird things and have a very off sense of humor.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 01 Nov 2013, 18:59

AUBERGINE: CONFIRMED

I'm a fourth-year Psych student applying to grad school for neuroscience. I like video games, snuggly stuff, and all things adorable. However, I'm also quite morbid and often tend toward darker humour. I have a serious tea addiction. I enjoy puns and wordplay and I admire Sir Terry Pratchett. I also love British comedy in general and thoroughly enjoy shows like Top Gear. My shirt size is about 38" at the chest.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 01 Nov 2013, 19:38

DUCKAY: CONFIRMED

I'm quite a geeky person. I play competitive Magic: The Gathering and a small variety of video games (RPGs, mostly). I have a big DVD collection and really enjoy horror (in a variety of media).
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 01 Nov 2013, 19:42

JACKSLACK: CONFIRMINATED

I'm quite a geeky person with a serious love of tabletop games of all sorts, although it's been a while since I've really been into Magic: The Gathering (unlike Duckay). I'm a librarian. I'm also really into indie-gaming, with my favourite game of the year being Papers, Please.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 01 Nov 2013, 19:45

KING KOOL: CONFIRMED

No hints from me. You are on your own.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 01 Nov 2013, 19:50

As with last year, I really hope that Duckay gets Jack or vice versa.

[–]Graham_LRR
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 01 Nov 2013, 21:41

METCARFRE: CONFIRMED

I like cooking, clothing, and outdoorsyness. The odd video game. Not general nerd stuff, don't bother. Don't bother with ***fashunz*** stuff either, for $10 unless it's shoe polish I likely won't like it (Saphir Pommadier Cream Polish, Dark Brown, please). I'm also getting into airsoft, hunting, and shooting, so if there's some little gadget or accessory that can get across the border for that stuff that'd be cool.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 01 Nov 2013, 23:12

TAPIR12: CONFIRMED

I like board and card games, anime and classic movies. I have a mega sweet tooth, but I don't like nuts. I like things that are unique to the place they came from. I play softball, tennis and volleyball and I'm a Canucks fan (for better or for worse).
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 02 Nov 2013, 00:52

PHAILHAMMER: CONFIRMED

I am a games development student, with an interest in history (particularly Rome, Byzantines, and WW2) and cartography. As a result, I mainly play strategy games, particularly from Paradox. I also enjoy anime and manga as well, particularly Higurashi no Naku Koro ni(I don't think there's a person on the forum unaware of this :P), Shingeki no Kyojin, and Durarara.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 02 Nov 2013, 10:00

FAYILI: CONFIRMED

I'm afraid I'm generally quite bad at this. I like chocolate and tea, fantasy and sci-fi, pretty girly things and badass weapons to spill the blood of my enemies. I also may or may not be a dragon. I like strong female protagonists, Stargate SG-1, and knitting. In fact, if you include your shoe size in your description and I get you, I may knit you socks. Cool socks, though. Promise. >.>
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 02 Nov 2013, 13:40

KEAB42: CONFIRMED

I'm a website tester / app programmer who enjoys all things nerdy and geeky. I play computer games (though not as much as I'd like to), read books and enjoy photography, steampunk and baking.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
ocelotteranian
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby ocelotteranian » 02 Nov 2013, 14:56

OCELOTTERANIAN: CONFIRMED

Any present having to do with chocolate or adorable baby animals will be a smash hit with me (except that book with hot guys and cute animals, of which I've been given two copies so far >.<). That said, here are my other interests! I'm fascinated by history (especially Medieval Europe). I love language and linguistics, and will delightly play with anything from foreign candy wrappers to ancient Babylonian manuscripts. I like tea of all flavors and types. I read a large number of comics both online and off, and am always willing to try a new one. Mysteries are a passion of mine, and I could always use a new book to read. I have collections of unique pens and notebooks that I admire and use in equal turns. I'm a somewhat crafty person, and I like to make buttons and stickers in particular. Obviously, I love LRR, and I'm also a fan of some other internet sketch groups (5SecondFilms and Brittanick immediately spring to mind). Steampunk, fantasy, and sci-fi are all appealing genres to me, and trinkets relating to any of them are always fun.

Happy holidays, y'all! This is going to be a lot of fun!
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 05 Nov 2013, 16:04

DANZAMA CONFIRMED

I'm going to steal from King Kool. No hints.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 06 Nov 2013, 17:22

I'm guessing Metcarfre would like this as a gift :P If you have an extra $$$ for forum gifts, of course!

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 06 Nov 2013, 20:52

3. GC MINAJ

???

did I miss something?

[–]Graham_LRR
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 06 Nov 2013, 21:16

Lord Hosk wrote:

3. GC MINAJ

???

did I miss something?

That's Nicki Minaj's brother.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 08 Nov 2013, 06:42

Every year I am tempted by this, and this year I shall join in. I just hope I can come up with a cool present!

ELVOR: CONFIRMED

I'm a trainee Computer Science teacher and general nerd. I like board/card/roleplaying/video games, reading sci-fi/fantasy/horror (on a bit of an Urban Fantasy kick at the moment), and listening to lots of music. I do sketch comedy (link in the sig). Generally like the strange/weird/morbid/bizarre. Specific fandoms include Fallen London, Night Vale, DC comics, a bit of steampunk, lots of things really.

I look forward to seeing who I get!

Return to “General Discussion”