June 13 - Morgans Problem

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

June 13 - Morgans Problem

Postby James » 13 Jun 2007, 21:27

Its actually really true this video. We once had a friend named Morgan who had SED and died. So we replaced him with a newer model. Which is the moral of the story kids. Newer doesn't mean better. In fact it means worse. Much much worse.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 13 Jun 2007, 21:50

Yay james!
i dont know what's happening anymore
Citin

Postby Citin » 13 Jun 2007, 21:51

James I love you, LRRCast is so much better then bed
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
eiopqrtuwy
Smartest SpamBot Ever
First Video: Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ad's

Postby eiopqrtuwy » 13 Jun 2007, 22:18

Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 13 Jun 2007, 22:36

Wow, all that mess was real?! I could've swore that was all photoshopping... don't ask me why exactly, but I thought so. Actually, it would've been easier in the long run (no clean up! duh, guys :P)

Oh, and James (or Graham, or whoever) might like to know that there's TONS of dead air at the end of this podcast. Seriously, after the cast was done the little Quicktime bar was only half way through to the other end. That can't be good x3
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 13 Jun 2007, 23:27

Ok guys... If you aren't able to raise the money for the bus - you should at least see if you can put some sort of deposit on it so nobody takes it in the mean time.

Expensive as it is, that bus seems MEANT for LRR, and it's something the site really ought to just HAVE. It would be the perfect excuse for more trips and events.

A donation drive to have the bus placed on hold might be more feasable than someone dropping 15K. Still, I'm remaining blindly hopeful that there is SOME viewer with sheaves of cash to burn that would like to see LRR grow in a big way.

Also, you should definitely post pictures. I'll even do a digital mockup of the LRR logo on it if you do.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 13 Jun 2007, 23:36

Okay, that Trivia challenge is pretty difficult to do. Don't you guys need a commercial license to drive it?

Barring any problems with insurance and licensing, you could totally do that for the road trip.

Ways to raise money legally:

Bake Sale or Catering business
LoadingReady Street Show
Credit Cards
"Selling Out"
Loans
Prostitution
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Jun 2007, 23:53

tak197 wrote:Don't you guys need a commercial license to drive it?

Nope, because we're all "friends and family". Matt looked into it.

Seriously, the only standing in our way is the price tag.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 13 Jun 2007, 23:56

Sweet you answered my question and seemingly had fun doing it. Score!!

WTWTA FTW!!!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 14 Jun 2007, 01:15

How to raise $15 000?? Simple!

Just sell 300 copies of "LRR DVD Combo Pack + After Hours"!!

Barring that, just put Andy on a street corner downtown begging for money.

Or dress up as Luke Skywalker, learn to play the flute and go join Vader downtown.

Or go on tour with 64K

And I'll give you guys $5 if you come get it from my house!
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 14 Jun 2007, 02:08

Apply for a government grant!
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
W1ngless

selling out AND prostitution

Postby W1ngless » 14 Jun 2007, 04:03

I was thinking something like a those 'walks for [disease]', but 'fan service for money', have people pledge money for something they'd like to see (and have teams of people try to get it on the front page of digg), then use enough of them in one 15k epic video. You could also put prices on certain actions, like killing a cast member=$25, kill Matt 600 times and you'd be golden. I think this combines the previous suggestions of 'selling out' and 'prostitution'. win/win.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 14 Jun 2007, 04:15

At last... the glory... where is it?
mosespippy
Location: Enemy Base, 33 Health. No wait! Own base, 100 health

Postby mosespippy » 14 Jun 2007, 06:51

You could kill Matt and use the insurance money to buy the bus. :twisted:
Iverix

Postby Iverix » 14 Jun 2007, 06:56

I'm assuming you guys want to steer clear of loans, so my suggestion will also steer clear of putting you guys into debt/obligation.

First, look at your options. What do you guys do best that people would pay for?
Obviously, movie making would by top priority. I.E. selling DvD's etc, but it isn't reliable and if it was, you wouldn't be asking ways to make more money.

Who else would be your biggest supporters? Would your parents help with your investment? A deal with your parents is a hell of a lot better than a deal with a bank loan/government loan.

Most schemes to make this kind of money in a limited amount of time is tough without the jobs to finance the payments so....

Next options I see are manual labor. Things that others groups do to raise money are...

Since bake-sale/street show have already been mentioned I figured these may be of help:

I'd say the best way to make money and increase LRR popularity is advertisement of your site. I really don't know the legality of posting flyer's on poles or bus stops in Canada, but it's a synergistic idea that would increase traffic on your site as well as increase the probability of a buyer.

That suggestion... of course... would be ideal. However, I'm not sure how affective it would be... so... I'll just name a few other things that may get some ideas flowing that may help to get you guys your bus. I'll list from most realistic (time wise) to least realistic (but fun to add).

-Before you DO do anything to raise this money, I'd highly suggest talking with the seller of the bus. Express your interest in it and explain your situation. This way you can adjust how you will get this money and how much work/time/effort it will actually take.

Ask Your Parents (said before)
Garage Sale (added)
Search for a Sponsor. (local entertainment groups/fine arts groups do sponsor independent films)
Attempt to market your DVD's to independent stores (a long-shot, but it's worth it if you're willing to do anything and everything for this bus)
"Pancake Breakfast" similar to what boy scouts do.
Investing
Favors for neighbors
Lemonade Stand (I used to do this)
If all else fails, prostitution... the healthy way :wink:

-A way people made money at my college was taking a car and charging people to use a sledge hammer/axe/pickaxe to beat the crap out of it. 1 buck for X amount of swings, 3 bucks for a window.

I don't know if any of this helps, but you guys really seem like you like this bus. If I had the money I'd invest in you guys no question. But being a college student myself... yadda yadda, I don't have the ability. SO if I think of anything brilliant, I'll be sure to post it.
Last edited by Iverix on 14 Jun 2007, 10:00, edited 2 times in total.
meta me

Postby meta me » 14 Jun 2007, 07:29

Given that you are already selling out just go all the way and sign a contract with fox. :cry:
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 14 Jun 2007, 07:30

Trying to find a sponsor is a really good idea, but it can be very hard.

See if there's anything you've got worth selling. There's a bunch of you, you could easily get a few thousand dollars all together if you sold stuff. I mean, how many video games does Matt have that he's never going to play?

If you guys had done this earlier, I would have had a lot better ideas. You'd be surprised how much you can save if you just cut out something like buying video games or alcohol or whatever it is you spend money on. But at this point, I suppose it wouldn't really save you rnough money. :P

Other than that, I'd say pool your savings and try and get loans from your parents.

Once you get the loans, THEN you can start mad scrimping and saving until you pay them back, I guess?
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 14 Jun 2007, 08:12

Dudes: Cheap blood=ketchup and Kool-aid.

My friend's parents played a giant prank on her and her friend by telling them there was a serial killer in the neighborhood and then slathering themselves in ketchup and Kool-aid, so when they came up from the basement they saw they "dead" on the floor and freaked out.

Ketchup and Kool-aid--real enough for screaming 13-year-old girls!!
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 14 Jun 2007, 08:21

get a few hundred cans, and such, and return them. thats probobly good for about a hundred. make sure to raid cafeterias, stuff like that.

sell kidneys, people just love that(preferably not matts, as he already used them up)

sell an Air guitar on ebay

there are supposedly 1800 members on the forum. i doubt that there are more than 200 people active, and even fewer that are willing to donate money. But, if 150 people donate $5, ts almost 1 grand for you. chances are you wont make the bus because you wont have enough money.
owl+ bungee cord= my arse
First Video: I do not remember it was years ago.

Postby owl+ bungee cord= my arse » 14 Jun 2007, 08:33

You could just ask to borrow the bus.

If that fails nick it.

or have a bake sale.
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 14 Jun 2007, 08:44

Three words: GIANT GARAGE SALE.
or
GIANT GARAGE SALE + CAR WASH + BAKE SALE =money

Seriously, our synagogue did it and we raised a ton of money. Don't ask me how much because, I wasn't in charge of the register--which, strangely, was also for sale.
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!

-Satan wears a bucket hat!

-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?

-Lewis has AIDS

-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 14 Jun 2007, 09:00

meta me wrote:Given that you are already selling out just go all the way and sign a contract with fox. :cry:

In what way are they selling out? LRR wants to make some money to buy a LRRbus, not a crunk cup.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 14 Jun 2007, 09:09

Alex Steacy wrote:a crunk cup.

maybe they should be buying this.

Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 14 Jun 2007, 09:52

i'm totally buying a crunk cup
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 14 Jun 2007, 10:01

Ok, I couldn't list to the podcast anymore. I completely got fed up trying to hear the main conversation over Matt and Bills talking above everyone else's conversation.

My ears are also sore from the peaking of the mic from those two.

I think the main problem was Bill has one end of the vocal spectrum and Matt has the other end so yeah.

(I think I stopped listening about half-way through)
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Return to “LRRcast”