To twitter user @mattandre

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Re: To twitter user @mattandre

Postby AlexanderDitto » 11 Dec 2013, 06:58

Cybren wrote:1) i don't know who "mattandrew" is on the forums. He specifically mentioned he recognized me from the LRR forums.
2) he blocked me so obviously he's not going to see me reply to him.
3) I wanted a platform to apologize for causing offense but this thread mutated into a discussion of final fantasy

That's fair! Yeah I'm guessing it's MattAn. Good on you for apologizing.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 Dec 2013, 08:15

MattAn42.

Jeez, get your names right people.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 11 Dec 2013, 09:18

nicholasmc1 wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:Did you really make a thread with a title that is an @reply to someone on twitter?

Ditto(the phrase not the Alex)
There are better channels for direct communication, if you wanted to start a lets fight about FF conversation call the thread that. (I mean no offence, my phrasing may be poor since I'm drinking)

Except I didn't want to start a thread about final fantasy?

Are you dru... oh you are. nevermind.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 13 Dec 2013, 03:36

Cybren wrote:
Darkobra wrote:I actually enjoyed 13-2. Hated 13. A lot. But 13-2 I jumped in with both feet and did thoroughly enjoy.

Well see, like, I didn't like 13 and I would not begrudge someone for liking it! but given that I was assuming he had not played it I would also assume he would not like it (because neither I nor most people I talk to do!)

Well. This was a rather interesting thing to see when I randomly decide to check the forums again. Awesome. Not content with a PM (just checked my User Control Panel, you're certainly not "Foe'd". You can easily PM. But no.. No, that's just not a Cybren thing to do.), or y'know, something else privately? No. Go ahead. Make it public. Drag others into this petty bullshit. Well done. Gold star for you.

Your first mistake was the part where you assumed. Don't assume a damn thing. That's not exactly your place to. I have stated repeatedly, here, on The Escapist and my personal Twitter that I owned the X360 versions of FFXIII and FFXIII-2 and enjoyed them (I've argued with you previously about this very thing, dude! On this here forum, of all places!). I have PS3 versions now because I traded in my X360 late last year. I've finished both games on X360. I was in Orphan's Cradle on PS3 before I'd realised I'd missed an Enemy Intel on a one-area-only enemy in the opening raceway of Eden, so I restarted. Yes I'm a pedantic fool. I want to get a decent library of stuff. I've pretty much made it back to where I was before in less time than it took originally playing the PS3 version.

I also find the term "solid skips" highly disrespectful, out-of-line and not particularly your place to judge. But that's neither here nor there.

It's also fairly well known that FFXIII fans hate FFXIII-2 for how much retcon-ing was done. Actually. No, not quite "hate", the gameplay, everyone agrees was improved, the lore/story though? Right out the god damn window. Hell, even Toriyama blatantly admitted he had no exit/ending strategy for XIII-2. XIII ended rather well. I, in no way, have ever said that any/every Final Fantasy game is "perfect". That's absolutely absurd. They all have flaws. Every game does. You find me a perfect game, I'll find a flaw. The other major complaint about FFXIII-2 from XIII fans was "it went from a party to.. Two people, who level up extremely quickly." Though I tend to like the POKEYMANS aspect, offers some variety.

Anyway, I'm rambling. (Me? Rambling? Pahahahaha..) Bottom line. You were kind of a dick, Cybren, gonna level with you on that. Hate the game all you like, I have no issues whatsoever with anyone disliking whatever they want. Just.. Don't abuse/insult others who actually have an interest in it.

Ranking them is also incredibly silly as well, considering the Final Fantasy series is made by entirely different studio teams every game. Intentionally. They're not designed for everyone to like them all. It's rather ironic how the complaint in the late-SNES, early-PSX era was "Final Fantasy games are all the same! There's nothing new!"
...Then guess what? FFX, FFXII and FFXIII (hell, FFXI mind-fucked half the fanbase simply because it was an MMO..) changed it up. But apparently all change is bad. So.. If they're not allowed to stay the same.. And change is bad.. Then what the hell?

And honestly? I'm kind of fucking sick of being "the Final Fantasy guy" of LRR's community. Mostly because I give a shit about the creative process of each game and know they're intentionally different. (Note; FFVIII and FFIX were both being developed at exactly the same time. By two entirely different studios.)

EDIT: And do not call "The Rise and Fall of Final Fantasy" research. One person's heavily biased, close-minded opinion is not research, nor is it fact. Just no.

Aaaaand now I realise why keab was talking about leaving the forums. Doesn't seem like I'm welcome here at all, so.. Meh. Seems to be a "Be like us or go away" mentality now..
Last edited by MattAn on 13 Dec 2013, 04:19, edited 4 times in total.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 13 Dec 2013, 03:56

Elomin Sha wrote:MattAn42.

*points to last post* Your move.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 13 Dec 2013, 03:57

Darkobra wrote:
Elomin Sha wrote:MattAn42.

*points to last post* Your move.

BRB, changing my Xbox/GFWL gamertag... God, do I have to do EVERYTHING to please you, Elomin? D:
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 13 Dec 2013, 05:26

I AM YOUR OVERLORD. PLEASE ME.

Also I forgot.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 13 Dec 2013, 06:46

MattAn wrote:Aaaaand now I realise why keab was talking about leaving the forums. Doesn't seem like I'm welcome here at all, so.. Meh. Seems to be a "Be like us or go away" mentality now..

Oh no. :( I'm sorry, that's definitely not how the forums should make you feel. People on here have a diversity of opinions! You definitely don't have to agree with Cybren, and you should not go away!

Cybren: I agree that this was not the best way of handling this situation. Generally, when people block you on twitter, they just want the conversation to be over, you've lost your chance to apologize.

But what's done is done. I suggest we all just let this thread cease to be. If you want to make a "Talk about Final Fantasy" thread, make a thread in the Video Games forum for it.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 13 Dec 2013, 07:27

AlexanderDitto wrote:
MattAn wrote:Aaaaand now I realise why keab was talking about leaving the forums. Doesn't seem like I'm welcome here at all, so.. Meh. Seems to be a "Be like us or go away" mentality now..

Oh no. :( I'm sorry, that's definitely not how the forums should make you feel. People on here have a diversity of opinions! You definitely don't have to agree with Cybren, and you should not go away!

Cybren: I agree that this was not the best way of handling this situation. Generally, when people block you on twitter, they just want the conversation to be over, you've lost your chance to apologize.

But what's done is done. I suggest we all just let this thread cease to be. If you want to make a "Talk about Final Fantasy" thread, make a thread in the Video Games forum for it.

That's good to know, Ditto! Thanks for the reassurance. The absolute last thing ever I wanted was for LRR crew to be involved. But hey, look. Now petty nonsense from Twitter is now a public LRR forum post. I've PM'd Graham and/or Matt to either lock/delete the thread.

Seeing as.. Y'know.. Like.. PMs are a thing. The P stands for Private, not Public. I did not want unnecessary drama to end up here, of all places. :/
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 13 Dec 2013, 08:13

I don't think there is any drama of significance. I just wanted to apologize for causing offense. This thread wasn't (initially anyway) about final fantasy, and I'm additionally sorry that it's caused you more grief. If I had known your username I'd have PM'd you.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 13 Dec 2013, 08:19

I now declare that this thread is now about who you would like to chase out of the forum with burning torches and pitch forks.

I say the next person who posts a reply for being the next person who posts a reply.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 13 Dec 2013, 09:20

Ehh, I'm gone more often than I'm here, anyway.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 13 Dec 2013, 10:27

Can you vote twice? Or, alternatively, can it be the person who instigated the vote? Technicality~

The Tribal Council of LRR has spoken. Elomin Sha is now being nommed by a kitten. It's a slow, but adorable, death.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Dec 2013, 11:22

So are we okay then? I lock dis.

We all know the correct procedure for next time now :)

(I know you both to have strong opinions on Twitter, so I can see why there might have been some tension, even if unintended, I hope you can work it out)

I especially hope people aren't put off by the forums, like Ditto said, we want the community to be inclusive :)
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 13 Dec 2013, 11:29

Graham the Usurper. Get the forks and burning sticks of justice.

Return to “General Discussion”