LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
SirZaphod
First Video: ENN

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby SirZaphod » 08 Dec 2013, 19:20

Also now that I see how muvh the server needs to keep running if I help support it will you make me creative mode for a while?
SirZaphod

Postby SirZaphod » 08 Dec 2013, 19:22

Oh and whatabout opening the end I have some ideas of stuff to build in there
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 09 Dec 2013, 00:01

You do know you can edit your posts, right Zaphod?
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 09 Dec 2013, 05:03

*wandering
*Nether
*totally
*much
*how about

You're starting to piss me off about as much as Jostain did. How about you finish one of your previous projects first before moving onto another one? Also, if you could start typing better than a retarded 7-year-old, that'd be great, too. Your signs were, frankly, embarrassing.
SirZaphod wrote:Also I tolltaly need you to unblock my neather gate Memo
Your Nether gate got blocked because you did not inform me that you were building this new outpost outside of your designated area. Also, the base was too big to destroy easily.
SirZaphod wrote:Also now that I see how muvh the server needs to keep running if I help support it will you make me creative mode for a while?
No.
SirZaphod wrote:Oh and whatabout opening the end I have some ideas of stuff to build in there
You know the reason the End isn't open, and won't be open yet. Begging and whining won't change that. Osprey has some End ideas, and I like him and I've given him the same answer.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You do know you can edit your posts, right Zaphod?
Yes, please.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

SirZaphod

Postby SirZaphod » 09 Dec 2013, 11:47

Memo what is your problem. Ok so I should not have messed with your railway to save a few tracks, but come on now you punishing me. For what, one project (not to mention getting quite nasty about it too). I’ve been playing on this server since the start. I’ve built more community buildings then just about anyone. I’m not trying to pick a fight with you or make you my enemy so just calm down.
Also I am not begging you to open the End I just wanted to know if you had thought about picking a day to do it (like you had said earlier).
DewKnight
First Video: Stalking

Postby DewKnight » 09 Dec 2013, 12:27

I see you're thinking memo is just some guy. You're forgetting that he owns the server. He pays for it. He runs it. He can do whatever he damn well pleases. It is a privilege to be able to play on it. Even when donations for the server start coming in, he is the one doing the work (and still probably putting up the majority of the money).

There are very few rules on this server, so obey them. Pretty sure that messing with somebody else's stuff is strictly now allowed, let alone the rail system. You're the one who needs to calm down.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 09 Dec 2013, 14:14

I don't see how hard it could be to listen to what Memo says. He's sensible and helpful. You can trust that whatever he says will be for the good of the server so everyone can have fun together.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
SirZaphod

Postby SirZaphod » 10 Dec 2013, 15:40

You guys are missing most of the picture.
What it was is a added a interchange in a railway going from one of my nether base to Spawn adding a track going to another base of mine. Which I offered to remove. To punish me for this he permanently blocked off the nether gate and threatened to or may have (I have not seen it as the gate is blocked off) remove my nether base. Not to mention he has gotten quite nasty as well.
The problem is that Memo is not always that sensible he can get incredibly angry over the smallest thing. I don't know if you were around for the Jostain incident.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 10 Dec 2013, 20:51

Zaphod: Here's the deal. Thank you for the Community Buildings. I thanked you after they were built, and I'll thank you again. They are useful.

However, what's NOT useful is the fact that you are using more space than any other player on the server, and that's including Osprey. That in itself isn't an issue, but it becomes an issue when you have multiple different projects going on, all of them incomplete. When are you going to remember to finish your mountain? (Or, I'm sorry... Should I say "remmber to finnish ur muntin?") UnderCity is still very incomplete. I'm still upset that you indiscriminately moved the Nether Portal and some rail lines without telling me. I also found you blocked off the rail station from the Arena area, inconsiderate of the needs of others who go through your area. Also, you didn't just make the interchange, but you put a tacky roof on the whole track.

I did not destroy your second Nether base. Despite you being severely annoying to me over the past year, you do build well. I like your sense of design, and that's what's saved you up until now. I even moved your rail line in the Nether so you could still access and get around. I've put "Unblock Xaphod's Nether Gate" on my To-Do List, so you'll get access back soon enough. You've also still got your other gate you can go through for the time being. The only thing I did other than move the track was take down your embarrassing signs. I apologize for calling you a "retarded 7-year-old" but I would've expected a 23-year-old from British Columbia to have at least finished Elementary School. If you have not, I am truly sorry.

No, they were not around last December for the incident with Jostain. They didn't need to be, especially since that incident is settled and was what made me reconsider mod-ship on anyone, since they could abuse the power.

The fact of the matter is that I run the server. I started the server for my own amusement, and it was more of an afterthought to let others start using it, too. I'm the one who pays for it. I have the access rights to the files. And if I so choose, I could take it down in an instant. And if I stop paying for it right now, it's only got about 9 months of life left to it and that's it. It really doesn't matter if I'm peace, love, and rainbows, or the abominable spawn of Hitler and Skeletor. You've chosen to play on this server, so you abide by its rules. You don't have to play here, if you think it's too oppressive.

There are several projects that I question the design of, and think could probably use a better designer. But I don't go and tear them down because I think they're ugly. I've given people space to do with as they please. However, that space has boundaries, and if you step outside those boundaries unannounced, that's when you see me get upset. I need to know where you are and what you're doing so I can minimize or eliminate border disputes or other issues between players. I can understand a need for expanding your territory, and I will usually grant it to you, if you ask. But you do have to ask, still. What you do with your territory is your business, but it stays within your territory.

Also, having been here from the start, you should darn well know how protective I get of my rail system. That's my pet project, and you know it.

You have 3 options:

1. Stay here and follow the rules.
  2. Find another one of the thousands of servers on the Internet to play on.
  3. Start your own server with your own rules.

Regarding the End, yes, I've been thinking about it a bunch recently, and actually, before this incident, I was going to put up a post asking whether people would be available the second or third weekend in January. I'm going to try to get at least 6 people in. I am also going to try to work with any scheduling that would allow Osprey and DewKnight to join, since slaying the Ender Dragon will be a celebration of Osprey getting into the PhD program and DewKnight surviving his latest chemo treatment.

So what's everyone say? We'll start by trying to narrow down which weekend in January we should choose, and then try to get a day and time. (I'll be in San Francisco the first weekend, so that's not available.)

Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 10 Dec 2013, 21:31

January is pretty open for me at the moment.
DewKnight

Postby DewKnight » 11 Dec 2013, 05:07

Zaphod: I started and ran a server for two years, so I am one of few people that truly understand the kind of work and money that goes into running the server. You are playing on Memo' server, so whatever he says goes. If you don't like it, then you can leave. I may be a bit biased because I ran a server for so long, but that's the hard truth. What you see as him being nasty is probably just the culmination of people ignoring rules and causing trouble. It is very easy to just get fed up with everything. I very nearly shut down my server a few times because I was sick of people.

I should be available, I'll know what kind of schedule they have in mind at the end of next week. The next stuff they have planned will have me out for a month at a time.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 11 Dec 2013, 06:35

I've never actually been to the End, but I do know that I'm woefully unprepared for it. Count me out.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 11 Dec 2013, 08:10

Prospero101 wrote:I've never actually been to the End, but I do know that I'm woefully unprepared for it. Count me out.
I've never "officially" been to the End either. (I went to fix the mess that Jostain caused.) This is why it's remained closed, so I can go to the End and fight the dragon with you guys. Since it's a party, I'll shell out some gear to help out.

Quick Ender Dragon strategy:

Avoid the dragon and the Endermen at first. If you can get a single party member to distract the dragon, the rest can get to work.
Destroy the regen things either with arrows or by building a way to get up next to the obsidian spire and hacking at it.
Once the regenerators are all gone, shoot the dragon as much as you can until it's dead.

Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 11 Dec 2013, 09:26

Oh, fuck me sideways with something hard and sandpapery. I. HATE. ENDERMEN.

DewKnight

Postby DewKnight » 11 Dec 2013, 10:17

But all they want to do is give you a hug
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 11 Dec 2013, 10:36

They should at least buy me dinner first.

Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 11 Dec 2013, 11:20

If you guys get me a time, I can try to make it free. January should be relatively open for me.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
DewKnight

Postby DewKnight » 11 Dec 2013, 13:59

Prospero101 wrote:They should at least buy me dinner first.

What do you think the block they're holding is for? They got that present especially for you :(
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 11 Dec 2013, 14:07

Look, all I'm asking for is a little communication. Every time I try to talk to them they screech at me and teleport away!

AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 11 Dec 2013, 14:10

Well, if you stop looking at that dirt block like you think it's a horrible gift, maybe they won't get so upset. :D

Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 11 Dec 2013, 15:00

I realize they spend a fair bit of time agonizing over what to get me, and I appreciate that. It's the thought that counts. But I have SO MUCH dirt, Memo! Stacks and stacks of it! What's wrong with a gift certificate?

DewKnight

Postby DewKnight » 11 Dec 2013, 15:24

A gift certificate to the dirt store?
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 11 Dec 2013, 16:11

*sigh* I just wanted to be treated the way I deserve to be treated...

Should we consider a trial separation, you think?

SirZaphod

Postby SirZaphod » 14 Dec 2013, 16:33

Well Memo I see now that you are an incredibly childish and petty person.
You can run your dictatorship however you like.
I don’t regret the time I spent here and I am not sad to see it go.
DewKnight

Postby DewKnight » 14 Dec 2013, 17:06

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Or do. I don't care, just go away.

Return to “Video Games”