So Brave, So Default

Talk about LRR's gaming news show on PATV.
Graham
Super Moderator

So Brave, So Default

Postby Graham » 07 Jan 2014, 00:35

The first CheckPoint recorded LIVE was not without its audio errors and awkward pauses, but for being done in one shot, we're pretty happy. Tune in next week, it'll be even better!
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Re: So Brave, So Default

Postby Clypheous » 07 Jan 2014, 05:01

That's the fun of live TV Graham, if there wasn't the possibility of awkward pauses, additional swearing or what have you, no one would find it as exciting! Given that it was your first live show, I thought it was fantastic.
mariomario42
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby mariomario42 » 07 Jan 2014, 07:55

I was a little worried that it was gonna be feed dump 2.0, but very happy with the results of the change over :)
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 07 Jan 2014, 08:36

I really enjoyed watching this episode being recorded. It was a lot of fun. I need to make sure to watch the twitch recordings and the YouTube videos in the future, as I won't be able to watch it live due to school.

2014 is going to be great!
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
Pimpin J
First Video: Escapist News Network

Postby Pimpin J » 07 Jan 2014, 09:08

Long time fan of the site and Checkpoint.

However I am not a fan of the new checkpoint. If y'all enjoy doing it that is cool. It's a brave new world but I am an old man with old ways.

Still Love LRR :)
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Jan 2014, 09:51

Other than the technical issues, it seemed rather close to last week's checkpoint to me. The main "improvements" to make it more seamless would be a setup that allows a third party to control camtwist from behind the camera/outside the room, and a better teleprompter setup so they look directly into the camera.

Outside of those points, they're only a bit of practice away from it being identical to old checkpoint.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 07 Jan 2014, 12:19

Yeah we didn't have time to set the prompter up.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 07 Jan 2014, 16:57

Are they always going to get posted on Tuesdays?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Gezzer
First Video: none (srry)

Postby Gezzer » 07 Jan 2014, 17:39

Not bad, I enjoyed it overall.
There does seem to be a bit of a trade off between production values and streaming live, but considering that I'm sure PA's decision restricted your budget some what I'd give it a big thumb up (does that sound kind of blue or is it just me?)
I could add my voice to what I think would help with the polish, but to be honest I'm sure that you're highly aware of what still needs tweaking. But I will add this, I found the sound of the mouse clicking really distracting. I'm no tech, so I'm not sure how you could fix it. Is it a problem with the type of mic/recording being used, not directional enough? Or as another poster mentioned would having this controlled by a third person help? Or is it simply finding a quite mouse?

I would like to add I'm a fellow Vancouver isl. (north) geek, and it gave me a bit of geek pride that the very first video to start off my week was a local one at midnight. <sigh> I think I'll actually miss that more than I thought I would.

Well GL, I'm sure it will develop into just as fine a production as the PA version was, maybe better.

Return to “Checkpoint”