A Swiftly Tilting Cameron

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Re: A Swiftly Tilting Cameron

Postby phlip » 20 Feb 2014, 06:10

Conoros wrote:From what I have heard of it, the RNG works as it should, but it is actually that the correct hit percentages are not always displayed on impossible, the actual hit chance is lower than what is displayed to the player.

That's exactly what I was comparing, though. The actual hit chance and the displayed hit chance appear to be equal. If anything, the true hit chance appears to be slightly higher, but I'm pretty sure that's just variance, and I doubt it's statistically significant.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Conoros
First Video: How to speak like a pirate

Postby Conoros » 20 Feb 2014, 06:34

phlip wrote:
Conoros wrote:From what I have heard of it, the RNG works as it should, but it is actually that the correct hit percentages are not always displayed on impossible, the actual hit chance is lower than what is displayed to the player.

That's exactly what I was comparing, though. The actual hit chance and the displayed hit chance appear to be equal. If anything, the true hit chance appears to be slightly higher, but I'm pretty sure that's just variance, and I doubt it's statistically significant.

Indeed, at 80% to hit, people will recall misses alot more than hits
Conor / Magellus
DissonantNight
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby DissonantNight » 20 Feb 2014, 06:41

I think it would definitely be fun to see Cam play FTL, especially as a game he isnt as familiar with. He might even live up to his stream name.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 20 Feb 2014, 07:17

Certainly once the expansion drops, I'd love to see Cam play FTL.

For what's next though, Civ, Thief, and Deus Ex are all solid options.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Karnasis
First Video: Paul

Postby Karnasis » 20 Feb 2014, 07:44

I`d like to see him play Thief: The Dark Project. Or Metal Age :P.

That being said I`m going to be sad about the XCam list being useless lol (so many of us unused soldiers)
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 20 Feb 2014, 08:22

I like the idea of using FTL as a one-stream 'palette clenser', to get ready for something long-term like Civ or SMAC.

Also, I like the idea of an "X-COM: The Highlight Reel" of him getting a non-ironman playthrough set up off-stream to show off the cool special missions; since that may take a while, perhaps keep on the back burner for later. We DO still have ten months...
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 20 Feb 2014, 08:45

Is the title of this stream a reference to a Madeleine L'Engle book? I've only read a few of those novels in that series.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 20 Feb 2014, 09:06

A bit late, but what about Age of Empires II? I'd love to see him go through some of those Campaigns.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 20 Feb 2014, 09:12

I think I would like to watch him actually clean up and do well on (AKA Classic run) one last stream, but baring that, I vote for Civ 5. For some reason, I like the idea of this being the turn-based stream
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 20 Feb 2014, 09:26

Lysander wrote:Is the title of this stream a reference to a Madeleine L'Engle book? I've only read a few of those novels in that series.

Yes, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, the third in the series (and probably the least sciency).
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Angnor
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Angnor » 20 Feb 2014, 10:19

I'd either like to see some of the interesting XCOM missions (Base defense, etc...) or move on to Civ V.
J. B. S. Haldane wrote:I have come to the conclusion that my subjective account of my motivation is largely mythical on almost all occasions. I don't know why I do things.
RebelliousUno
First Video: don't recall came after unskippable

Postby RebelliousUno » 20 Feb 2014, 13:22

I'd like to see something new. X-Com fun as it is can get stale with that first mission over and over.
I'd potentially like to see Deus Ex:HR - with a Pacifist run. Half Life 2: Episode 1 going for the one man one bullet cheevo, HL2 trying to get a gnome into space :)
Gamercow
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby Gamercow » 20 Feb 2014, 13:37

Civ V would be interesting to me. I've been playing Civ for over 20 years, and I can't beat deity Civ V. None of my strategies from earlier games work.
magicpokey
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby magicpokey » 20 Feb 2014, 13:59

Ok, im sorry if this has been suggested but I'm out paying bills and dont have a lot of time on this lunch break to post this. If cam wants an interesting turn based game to play, might I recommend Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup? I'd love to see cam throw his intellect against that roguelike brick wall. It's an awesome game if extremely difficult (I've only completed it on easy once) but its great fun.

Also, since the game is pretty quick and death-to-new-game is quick and streamlined, he can iterate rapidly through the xcam list (with the subscriber picking race/class/name/starting gear)

I'd love to see that. Anyway, thats my two cents.

Edit: The game is free, by the way, so no monetary strain for the college student!

Edit 2: I forgot to link to the game. My bad. http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/
I'm a bigger nerd than you. Not by way of intelligence, mind. But because I'm over six feet tall and more than 350 lbs.
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Postby KiteNeravar » 20 Feb 2014, 14:17

I would say move on to Civ V.

OH, or play Master of Orion 2! Like Civ V but in Space!

It is incredibly old, but one of my favorite 4x games and only 5.99 on GOG

http://www.gog.com/game/master_of_orion_1_2
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 20 Feb 2014, 14:56

I'd like to see a Paradox game of some sort. Not sure which, if any, would work for the stream, though.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 20 Feb 2014, 15:58

My thoughts:

-Civ V: would be quite interesting, I've never been able to 'get' Civ so it would be interesting to see how someone who knows his shiz would get around to it. I've personally been interested in Alpha Centauri since Cam's first stream, but I feel like Civ would offer a similar but more newbie-friendly experience. Would be a good choice.

-XCom Highlights Stream: I think Cam's right on this, we need a break from XCom. Great game, but give it a few months for everyone to want it again and then have a few streams of it for old times' sake

-A Paradox Game: would be awesome from my point of view as a fan of their games, but their format isn't as event-heavy as XCom or others so maybe not as suitable. Certainly not right now, I don't think.

-Deus Ex: HR: never played it, know relatively little about it. Don't really even known genre or game length. Only thing I've got against it really is what sloth said: I quite like the idea of this being the turn based stream. Not sure why.

-FTL: As a one-time thing, certainly. It's short, it's fun, it'd be neat to mess around with over a long afternoon or something. More than about three streams max though, and I reckon it'd start to wear a bit thin

-As a side note: I saw Spec Ops: The Line in the Steam games list, and I've never played it. I'd love to see someone give it a shot- it's perhaps not Cam's 'thing', but when I noticed it I started to salivate a bit. Any streamers up for giving that a shot?

In short, I'd say go for Civ 5. Unless anyone else is interested in Spec Ops...
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 20 Feb 2014, 16:19

One of the nicest things about FTL is that it wouldn't make the Xcam list useless. I doubt subs would mind being used in it instead, and it'd be MUCH faster (just typing in a name rather than fitzing with details). Though I honestly don't consider FTL as much of a 'strategy' game. It's a game that involves strategy, as pretty much any game does. But I feels it's more of an RPG/Roguelike than strategy (customize ship's options/weapons while getting 'experience' that you can use to upgrade the ship or acquire new things). But that's fine. I think we should wait until the update though.

Honestly, I think we need to move away from strategy games for a while. Cam seems to be burned out on them. Honestly, Human Revolution seems like the best bet in my opinion. It's short enough that it won't last more than about a month I think, unless he does EVERYTHING. It'll be a nice change of pace and mean we're not just moving straight into Civ 5, which seems the next logical step. But honestly, I think it should just be a game Cam will enjoy more than anything.
pokute
First Video: Phailhaüs

Postby pokute » 20 Feb 2014, 17:25

I don't think we need to wait until the update to play FTL. It would be stupid for Cam to play hard mode in something he's completely unfamiliar with.

I think FTL would be great for when Cam feels like taking a break from other games. But first, he needs to try it and see how much he likes it.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 20 Feb 2014, 17:27

I meant more for the other additions than Hard Mode.
Metron
First Video: No clue

Postby Metron » 21 Feb 2014, 05:07

Game I really would like see Cam stream:
Dawn of War 2 campaign on Primarch difficulty.
The over the top characters and 40k setting should generate some interesting discussions and maybe some flashbacks to Cams Dark Heresy days.
Also that difficulty is interesting as it changes the dynamic of melee vs ranged units.

But whatever is chosen I'm sure it will be interesting and entertaining.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 21 Feb 2014, 11:44

FTL is also a good match because he can name crewmembers after subscribers and then kill them.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 21 Feb 2014, 12:06

I think a few games of FTL for a single stream would be fun, then he could start play Brave New World on the hardest difficulty the next week. Heck, I should start playing Brave New World too, but I just don't have the time.
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Postby KiteNeravar » 21 Feb 2014, 12:48

Did I mention that in MoO2 you can build death stars? 'Cause you can.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 21 Feb 2014, 13:59

*"Doomstars", but yeah. I can see Cam as someone who actually brings the hurt back to Antares itself. :twisted:

Although, he'd need an emulator to get MoO2 to even RUN on a Win8 PC - how is Wirecast/XStream vs. DOSbox? (I know FRAPS just doesn't even SEE a DOSbox instance as existing :P )

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”