Your LRRCraft Dream or Goal

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Your LRRCraft Dream or Goal

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Feb 2014, 13:14

Alright, since we're having a bunch of discussion about the server and what its future is, I had an epiphany. I likened to myself to Red in TwitchPlaysPokemon in the other thread. I realized, in that vein, while everything seems random on the micro-level, there's a larger goal in mind, at least for most. Despite running in circles, releasing valuable Pokemon, and taking days to cut down a single tree, TPP has already defeated 5 gyms (I believe) and raised an avid fan-base and proto-religions. We all need a bigger picture.

Just for a moment, throw all the rules out the window and don't consider anyone else if you don't want to. The question is: What do you want to do on LRRcraft? I don't care what you say. No judgment, but no promises of turning what you want into reality, either. I don't even care if you don't know how to do it or if it even can be done at all. We've collected the where, but that's only part of it. We need the what and the why. If you could do anything on LRRcraft, what would it be, large or small?

Once that's out in the open, we can see if the collective goal is actually pointing somewhere, even if individual whims are pulling in opposing directions. We can set priorities, goals, and figure out where to go.

This thread will be somewhat open-ended, so if your goals and dreams change, the server might be able to change with them.

I'll start:

I want to work on making several of those Skeleton Dungeons into grinders for both XP and for bones and arrows, as I think they're valuable.
I want to completely remodel UnderCity to make it more convenient and accessible.
I want to get the 15 (and counting) rail lines in my To-Do list done.
I want to make Spawn City more accessible to the players.
I want to completely rework the Market to be much more efficient, sell a broader range of things, and offer a sell-back system.
I want more granular control of permissions, and to be able to give them out to trusted people.
I want to be able to get back to working on my individual base, hollowing out the mountain, which I haven't been able to do for 6 months at least.
I want to expand my base into the StrongHold underneath the Eastern jungle.
I want to trim the map of useless and/or unused chunks so the 1.7/1.8 biomes can be found closer to Spawn City.
I want to set up a system in the Map Building to dispense the map you're looking at.
I want to move the server to a different physical server, so I can make it grow and thrive better.
I want to live in more peace and harmony with the player base and stop being such a grouchy person.

These are my goals. What are yours?

Edit: Just realized that 2 of those goals could be combined into one: Turn UnderCity into the first "Frontier Station" to help Spawn City be accessible to players.
Last edited by AdmiralMemo on 25 Feb 2014, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Re: Your LRRCraft Dream or Goal

Postby Prospero101 » 25 Feb 2014, 13:22

I want to hollow out my mountain and dig all the way down the bedrock. I want to create a sort of microcosm down there, such that you never have to leave if you don't want to. I want a museum, a massive arboretum and greenhouse, concealed doors and secret passageways in the walls and floors...just everything you could possibly imagine, there in that mountain.

I realize I could do all this in single player, but what's the point if you have no one to share it with?
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Feb 2014, 13:27

Good! This is exactly the stuff I want to hear! More! :)

Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 25 Feb 2014, 13:28

I want to harvest everything of value from underneath the soil under my house.

I want to turn my house into something bigger downwards. Perhaps create a massive building underground inconspicuously.

I also want to build a giant sandstone Pyramid, but I don't know where.

I want to try farming.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 25 Feb 2014, 13:30

I want to build my wall and be confidant that it will persist and that the time I spend building it will not be "wasted" I know that the thing doesnt exist but I am spending my time to accomplish a goal of creating something massive that other people can see and I get very frusterated at the thought that it can just be blinked off because someone has a bad day.

Prospero101's point is the crux of it, "whats the point if there is no one to share it with"

Step one, build massive wall
step two build forts along the wall
step three fluff out the wall with flavor.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
KinoGami
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Postby KinoGami » 25 Feb 2014, 13:52

I would like to continue to expand my keep in the current square going a little further north and west.

I would like to start building a city within my walls

I would like to have a rail at least leading from the the western reach of hosk's wall leading back to the east so i don't have to run so far to get to a rail

I wouldn't mind maybe one day having my keep also turned into a frontier station, North of Wall-Hosk

I would like to turn my skeleton grinder into a giant frozen faucet because that is kind of what it looks like already coming out of the ground.

Finally I would like to be able to have a nether portal so i could harvest some resources from it for netherbrick.
cptsteiny
First Video: CommodoreHUSTLE 01 - Laundry

Postby cptsteiny » 25 Feb 2014, 14:13

I don't have many goals at the moment because I don't know what I want to build yet, and also I don't have that much time for giant projects.

Anyway...

I would like to build as many "automated" farms as I can think of.

I would like to mine out the resources below my cabin

I would like to explore the building projects of other people.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 25 Feb 2014, 15:06

I would like to finish my tower.

Then I would like to move somewhere else (anywhere else is fine with me, preferably out in the middle of nowhere) and build a huge floating biodome (hence why location isn't much of an issue).

And that's as far as I've gotten.
Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 25 Feb 2014, 16:29

I don't have too many plans, I kind of want to build my own version of Doofenshmirtz's evil incorporated tower. I'm still getting used to minecraft so I feel like that is a simple enough goal to focus on.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 25 Feb 2014, 16:45

I want to build out the mine I'm near, and maybe build a flag on top.

Mainly though, I just want to relax and have fun playing video games with people.
Necabo
First Video: an lrr vid on the escapist spring 2011

Postby Necabo » 25 Feb 2014, 17:09

My long post on the other thread.
It still goes for a bit, but mostly use it for inspiration.
I quite like the nether hub idea so if you want you can spread out more and get back to spawn or anywhere else easily, and use rails locally.

Now I do not know how if this could even work, but could you export some of the bigger projects like the bionic monument etc (or anything else, maybe through a request system). generate a new world; which enables the new biomes without having to travel outside the existing map. And putting the preserved project back with MCedit or something. Also maybe moving the main village a bit connecting to a nether hub might prevent the spawn chunks from getting overloaded, as the spawn village is always generated it will create a bit of lag.

Pro's:
-fresh start for a community server
-new biomes
-more managable size to start
-possibility of creating a nether hub to spread everyone out more and relieve chunk loading stress
-flushing of old projects/land nobody wants anymore but is still "claimed"

Cons:
-you are probably attached to the server as it looks now
-spawn city stuff, no clue what is easy enough to recreate/bring over
-your rail systems are amazing, would hate to see it go
-investment in projects by you and people (if possible it could be transferred)

Like I said, I like having and being on a community server. But it needs a bit of an overhaul.
For my suggestion to work you do need a separate subforum here in which we can have:
-you can request access to server: make a request tread with username and close thread as soon as he/she is whitelisted
-Separate treads for different issues like building violations and community projects
-a 'save my project' tread in which projects to be carried over can be requested
-some faith in people, having the need to be at least subscribed to the LRR forum to be white listed is a good step in the right direction.

The subforum will also help other members to communicate with each other, instead of only through you. And you can ask for help/funds more easily.

My two cents here, I really hope we can make this a pleasant experience again for all of us. And don't forget Memo: you are not alone, there are plenty good people around.

cptsteiny wrote:I would like to build as many "automated" farms as I can think of.

These would be community driven projects that are nice to see:
maybe write a list with needs so people can contribute to a common cause

edit: Ow yeah: don't punish or whine about amazing builds in 'inconvenient' places, people put effort and time in those. This goes for everyone. Although I don't think it has happened yet, I like creativity even if it is almost in my backyard :D
ImageImage

Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 25 Feb 2014, 17:25

First, I want to explore. See things others have done, and that kind of thing. This is a bit of a pain due to no food sources (I don't want to kill pigs due to not knowing if they 'belong' to people). But I think it'd be fun to see what's going on. Also a problem: I don't just walk into peoples' places, meaning I can't see 'hidden' places.

Second, build 'The Maze' as I call it. I'd like to build a large, multi-part maze, with a center 'home' in the air with a view of the entire maze from above. Though I have some... ideas for things below the surface. The main issue is this would be a long process, requiring a good amount of space, time, and likely resources. So I'm not sure how likely it really is to pull off.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 25 Feb 2014, 18:34

Kapol inside the church at spawn there is generally food. I will bring a bunch of bread and potatoes next time the server is up to refill it if it has gotten empty.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Feb 2014, 18:48

Also, Community Storage has plenty of food, though I guarantee that most of it is usually zombie flesh.

Also, the Community Farm to the east of the lighthouse is up for grabs, for you to harvest and replant.

Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 25 Feb 2014, 18:56

I don't have any plans currently other than expand my underground farm and tinker with redstone some more.

As for the dungeons with skeleton spawners. I found one under my house and left the spawner intact.

I also have a surplus of food to bring into town for the community storage.
Nargimeg
First Video: LRR Draft

Postby Nargimeg » 25 Feb 2014, 21:18

My LRRCraft dream is communication, as it seems many of the recent problems that have been occupying so much time all boil down to poor communication by all parties. Beyond that I am not sure what I really want to do. I had started a project and wasn't happy with it, so I packed up and relocated. In my new place, as I expanded my basement I ran into no fewer than six tunnels under my hole in the wall, so I'm not too thrilled about expanding there.

The only major project I've been working on is an "instant" smelter. This is the project that BlackDragonMTG and AdmiralMemo have seen in my basement.

I know there are quite a few projects that are using refined material for building, and I know waiting for the furnace takes a lot of time when smelting large quantities. So this system would accept raw materials, sort them by type, and instantly dispense one finished material for each raw input. It would then smelt the raw materials into finished products and store them for the next person.

If it is something others would be interested in using, I would be happy to locate it somewhere centrally that is easy to access. To this end, I have already gathered enough stone and glass to fill a double chest, have half a chest of iron and nearly three stacks of gold bars. I had just finished my nether portal so I could gather some netherack too. Finally, I also have nearly 9000 coal to fuel the furnaces.

As mentioned in my first post in the main server thread, I would also love to help build the rail network up into what the growing server needs. I think with the plan AdmiralMemo has, and a little help, we could have a full rail system complete with frontier stations by the time 1.8 is released. This would allow for easy expansion into the new zones after the map is trimmed. Also if the rail is complete before the big expansion, it would be much easier to keep up with as things grow out again.
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 25 Feb 2014, 23:40

Finishing the Acropolis platform, which will then hold a tiered city capped by a Parthenon style temple. A river will flow through the city, off of the side, and into the lake. This is completely liable to change, however, since the Acropolis has always been me just building what seems like it might be neat at the time.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 26 Feb 2014, 06:04

just getting to play

[–]Graham_LRR
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 26 Feb 2014, 08:12

Lord Hosk wrote:just getting to play

I'm in this boat too right now. Minecraft is what I play to unwind. Most of the other games I have get me worked up, but the sense of order, purpose, community, and autonomy that building stuff with you guys yields helps make everything not so overwhelming. I miss it.
BlackDragonMTG
First Video: Friday Nights - Returns

Postby BlackDragonMTG » 26 Feb 2014, 15:26

1. Tear down the atrocity that is my failed attempt at a castle.
2. Rebuild said castle with more planning and visualizing so it doesn't look atrocious
3. Tear down the city I was starting to build.
4. lay out the city to which my castle will lord over
5. tear down my mage/mob tower
6. Rebuild/design my mage tower with 0 mob tower influence
7. Build new mob tower
8. plot a section of land near the city for which a rail system could be put in
9. destroy a portion of the massive cave/abandoned mine shaft under my base for more pretty underbase
10. redstone the crap out of my castle to include hidden doors.
11. learn more redstone
12. farm more moo moos for decoration
13. harvest more of EVERYTHING!
14. pray they move 1.8 up to sooner rather than later.
15. get mini rail systems approved to my neighboring friends

I think that pretty much covers it for now.
AlexAshman
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby AlexAshman » 26 Feb 2014, 15:37

I would like to:

1. Help fund the server with others in return for less downtime.

2. Develop a transport and supply hub around where my spot is, to help others travel further west.

3. Build a viaduct to carry my internal minecart rail north across the river.

4. Link up the south side of my mine railway with my neighbour (who owns a wood hut to the southeast).

5. With permission, build a long, high quality minecart tunnel eastwards from my spot, but relatively deep (around Y20), to reach a suitable point on the main network (be it Desert, Spawn, UnderCity). This would link up with the internal rail that I've run through the mines. But like I said, only with permission.

Edit: please note that I haven't finished tidying up my internal rail yet, so please don't judge me using unfinished work :-)
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Feb 2014, 16:46

AlexAshman wrote:Edit: please note that I haven't finished tidying up my internal rail yet, so please don't judge me using unfinished work :)
I said no judgment in this thread, didn't I? :)

Caimheul
First Video: Sound Wars

Postby Caimheul » 26 Feb 2014, 17:02

My own personal minecraft goals/dreams would be to
1) Start playing on the LRRCraft server (No one to blame but myself for this one :oops: )
2) Create an outpost base, providing food for others (so long as they replant)
3) Build a walled town/farm and castle, attempting to implement the defensive ideas behind ancient castles (spiral staircases, murder holes, arrow slits, etc, etc)
kamaitachi113
First Video: A Feed Dump video.

Postby kamaitachi113 » 26 Feb 2014, 18:35

I want to build the best automatic furnace assembly. I'm sure there's a youtube tutorial already but half the fun is making it yourself. This has no real purpose to justify the effort of making it, but I would feel very fancy every time I used it.
I also want to go around and see all the cool things, I only explored a fraction of the world since joining and I can see tons of interesting creations in the map that I need to check out.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 27 Feb 2014, 09:46

Finish glazing the giant creeper on top of my tower and fill it with lava.
Then build the giant creeper in the temple
Finish the temple
Build a proper atrium/reception/entrance to Western Oceanic Research with a good connection to the new railstation (Once Memo gets around to connection the new station)
Learn more redstone stuff.
Rebuild the Wheat farm for better production
Build some more floors and build proper pumpkin, melon and sugarcane farms

At some point I want to build a full scale Antonov AN-225 or a Saturn 5 rocket. But those are plans for "some other time"
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.

Return to “Video Games”