LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
red_mist
First Video: omni linugual

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby red_mist » 06 Mar 2014, 03:39

AdmiralMemo wrote:Please be clear that jokes, especially those with no context, can be easily taken as serious on the Internet. Not everyone has the same experiences as each other. I have no idea what "Don't rorry, Mama rill harp you." means.

Your absolutely right, being how most of us has a "geek culture background" I was leading up to the context. I was hoping to get the response, "Lol, cooking mama" or"what is that from" so that say, you should check out cooking mama for the nintendo ds or wii, and you would have seen how funny the main characters broken english was... but instead the server went poof, and the comment just seemed mean or ignorant.[/quote]

AdmiralMemo wrote:I never said you weren't a good dad. Where are you getting that from?

Again, context was key, just like you said. I know your aware I'm the dad of Dark_lust CaraemelDansen10 and Little_Cazy. When you said "I cant deal with stupid parents" right after the cooking mama comment, combined with the server shutdown, I forgot about the issues you had about your dad and selfishly thought you were talking about me. I get it now tho. I hope you can patch things up with your parents because you only get one!

AdmiralMemo wrote:I thought we were buds, too, but if you can't take me at my worst, then I don't know...

Getting disbanded twice with no reason was why my usual thick skin was penatrated. See next quote for more clarification.

AdmiralMemo wrote:As a question, when was the first time? I seriously don't remember having any previous problems with you.

I got banned for asking you to come here when you were like 20 meters away. figured you were just crabby and brushed it off.
Image ...just watch it!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Mar 2014, 04:12

red_mist wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:Please be clear that jokes, especially those with no context, can be easily taken as serious on the Internet. Not everyone has the same experiences as each other. I have no idea what "Don't rorry, Mama rill harp you." means.
You're absolutely right, being how most of us has a "geek culture background" I was leading up to the context. I was hoping to get the response, "Lol, cooking mama" or "what is that from" so that say, you should check out cooking mama for the nintendo ds or wii, and you would have seen how funny the main character's broken English was... but instead the server went poof, and the comment just seemed mean or ignorant.
Ah... Seeing as my last console was a NES, yeah, I had no reference for that, and didn't even get that it was a reference.
red_mist wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:I never said you weren't a good dad. Where are you getting that from?
Again, context was key, just like you said. I know you're aware I'm the dad of Dark_lust, CaraemelDansen10, and Little_Cazy. When you said "I can't deal with stupid parents" right after the cooking mama comment, combined with the server shutdown, I forgot about the issues you had about your dad and selfishly thought you were talking about me. I get it now tho. I hope you can patch things up with your parents because you only get one!
Oh, I get it now. No, that was totally not aimed at you. Even in my upset state, I probably thought it a given that "parents" and "players" were two separate groups.
red_mist wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:I thought we were buds, too, but if you can't take me at my worst, then I don't know...
Getting disbanded twice with no reason was why my usual thick skin was penetrated. See next quote for more clarification.
AdmiralMemo wrote:As a question, when was the first time? I seriously don't remember having any previous problems with you.
I got banned for asking you to come here when you were like 20 meters away. figured you were just crabby and brushed it off.
Oh... I kind of remember that now. I was trying to think and analyze a situation. You kept yammering inanely in my ear even after I asked you to be quiet. I also had no idea where you were, so I didn't know that you were "20 meters away." I just shut you out so I could think and not have to start over from the beginning of my evaluation for the tenth time, since I was being continuously interrupted by various people. (It is VERY annoying and frustrating to have to do the same thing over and over again from the start and not get finished.) Once I was done thinking, I unbanned you. Simple, effective, not personal. I did the same with Osprey when I was trying to evaluate a train station issue.

The same goes for tonight, and pretty much every issue you all have had with me in 2014: None of this was personally directed at any one of you. The last person I was truly upset with personally regarding this server was Jostain, but hind-sight has made those feelings all go away long ago. That situation was all just a big break-down in communication, since he was using terms that he thought I understood. I didn't, but I thought I did, while having a wrong understanding of them, leading us to talk past each other. If Jostain ever decides to come back, I will have no animosity towards him.

Edit: I take that back. Jostain's not the last one I was upset with. I have a grudge against that "vinny" guy, and I think half the server does, too, with good reason. (I didn't think of him at first because I was thinking of regular players.)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Nargimeg
First Video: LRR Draft

Postby Nargimeg » 06 Mar 2014, 04:57

Memo, I think a voice chat service would be great. Since the game has built in chat, only those that want to join would need to. As you have said, it would make communication faster, easier, and less prone to misunderstanding. I personally have never used Teamspeak, I have always used Ventrillo, so I can't speak to which program is best to use.

If we were to use voice chat, I think it needs to be administered by someone else. You currently have more then enough to do, and I don't want to add anything else to that list. Also, you have said multiple times that you sometimes need to make the voices stop when you are doing something and being interuprted. On a voice chat, there would be literal voices to silence. You have also shown your way of stopping them is by banning or killing the server. If you are not in charge of the voice chat, it assures your only option is to leave the conversation, rather than killing the server. This will leave a venue besides the forums for people involved to continue to discuss the issues and work toward resolution.

Memo, I certainly hope you don't take this as an attack on you, as it is not meant to be. It is just my observation from the past several weeks.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Mar 2014, 06:41

Yeah, I only used TeamSpeak as the example because it was the one I was most familiar with, and I know it's cross-platform. Mumble, Ventrillo, or other options are also available.

Regarding your worries, there will be none of that. I can simply mute people so I don't have to hear them if I get overwhelmed. Simple, easy, effective. (There is no way to "mute" on MineCraft, that I know of. If there is, can someone please show me? That would be a much more effective means of helping me so I don't have to mute by knocking people off the server.) Also, with voice chat, I won't have 10 people sending me PMs at once, barging for my attention. I would hope that in voice chat, people wouldn't be talking over one another, as that would help no one.

SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 06 Mar 2014, 07:38

Nargimeg wrote:Memo, I think a voice chat service would be great. Since the game has built in chat, only those that want to join would need to. As you have said, it would make communication faster, easier, and less prone to misunderstanding. I personally have never used Teamspeak, I have always used Ventrillo, so I can't speak to which program is best to use.

If we were to use voice chat, I think it needs to be administered by someone else. You currently have more then enough to do, and I don't want to add anything else to that list. Also, you have said multiple times that you sometimes need to make the voices stop when you are doing something and being interuprted. On a voice chat, there would be literal voices to silence. You have also shown your way of stopping them is by banning or killing the server. If you are not in charge of the voice chat, it assures your only option is to leave the conversation, rather than killing the server. This will leave a venue besides the forums for people involved to continue to discuss the issues and work toward resolution.

Memo, I certainly hope you don't take this as an attack on you, as it is not meant to be. It is just my observation from the past several weeks.

If you want a mumble server, cleanvoice.ru has free 50 slot servers. Worked ok for my TF2 team until a series of DDOS attacks on their server forced us to buy a server. A paid server is probably better, but if no one wants to pay for it, this works.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 06 Mar 2014, 07:56

Admiral Memo, I think you are ignorant or at least slightly confused when it comes to ignorance and stupidity.

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge about a subject.
Stupidity is failing to act based on knowledge you have.

Being aggravated by stupidity is fine, someone who goes out of their way to ignore the knowledge they have is unacceptable and hinders everyone. That being said, ignorance is far from the same thing, no one can possibly have all knowledge of all things, everyone is ignorant yourself included. When someone makes a ignorant mistake it is your job, everyone's job, as a member of a society to inform and educate to correct the ignorance. Yelling and banning doesn't fix ignorance, it just fosters mistrust and anger.

You have a lot of rules in your head of what little boxes people are supposed to fit into, lots of unwritten rules that you don't share, that is forcing everyone else to be ignorant. Being mad at someone for ignorance that you forced on them is stupid.

In addition, I don't know what your sense of humor is, but from what I have seen it is radically different from the majority of people on this forum, and that's fine in fact that is a great thing. Everyone is different and that makes this community great, strength in diversity. But you react REALLY strongly and insultingly to humor your don't understand or appreciate, that is just not cool. If you don't like the joke or you don't understand the reference, you don't need to tell the person they are dumb for making a joke you don't like, just move on, its a joke it shouldn't be serious.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 06 Mar 2014, 11:50

AdmiralMemo wrote:Regarding your worries, there will be none of that. I can simply mute people so I don't have to hear them if I get overwhelmed. Simple, easy, effective. (There is no way to "mute" on MineCraft, that I know of. If there is, can someone please show me? That would be a much more effective means of helping me so I don't have to mute by knocking people off the server.)

Its actually easy. Go to options -> Multiplayer settings -> set Chat to Chat:Hidden! :wink: (Or commands only)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Mar 2014, 14:49

Thanks for that Dutch Ike! I will use that more often. :)

I'll just inform people that I'm doing it, so they don't have the excuse "Well I TOLD you I was doing [X] in the chat, and you didn't say anything about not doing it."

AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Mar 2014, 22:32

Someone stole the lava from the Nether building. That's not cool, guys.

Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 06 Mar 2014, 23:15

Really... they stole LAVA! A thing you can get FOR FREE ALMOST ANYWHERE?!
Necabo
First Video: an lrr vid on the escapist spring 2011

Postby Necabo » 07 Mar 2014, 01:52

AdmiralMemo wrote:Someone stole the lava from the Nether building. That's not cool, guys.

That is actually kinda funny considering there is so much of that on the other side of the portal :lol:
ImageImage

Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Mar 2014, 04:26

It's funny at how idiotic the griefer was.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 07 Mar 2014, 05:21

The most impressive part of that is that it was stolen without a bucket.

Owwww my blocky hands!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
BlackDragonMTG
First Video: Friday Nights - Returns

Postby BlackDragonMTG » 07 Mar 2014, 07:11

I think I know who it was(not by game name) and I think it happened because they are ignorant to the game in general.

Someone asked if it was ok to take lava from the nether something or other(the word they used i don't recall). This happened last night around 10-11pm est. you said it was okay, like myself and probably others we imagined it would be from the nether itself and not the portal room.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 07 Mar 2014, 08:57

It wasn't a griefing, I was there when the guy asked if he could take it, and people thought he was in the nether. I think he asked if the lava was free to take at the "nether portal hub".
cptsteiny
First Video: CommodoreHUSTLE 01 - Laundry

Postby cptsteiny » 07 Mar 2014, 09:11

I was also on when this request came in and I think how BlackDragonMTG and Genghis Ares describe this is how I think it went down as well.

And I too just assumed he was in the Nether.
AlexAshman
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby AlexAshman » 07 Mar 2014, 11:14

Some hilarious n00b hijinks there.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 07 Mar 2014, 11:23

I think the burned hands are punishment enough for a innocent mistake.

[–]Graham_LRR
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 08 Mar 2014, 14:19

N00bs will be the end of me. *sighs*

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 08 Mar 2014, 15:34

Quick note to everyone but AdmiralMemo.

AdmiralMemo is not allowed to have the last/newest post in this thread, when I see his name next to the "new post" I have a heart attack because I think the server has crashed and it wont be up for a week because of... stuff.

if you see Admiralmemo post something in this thread, help me out and post. "yep" or "ok" or SOMETHING! I cant take it!

[–]Graham_LRR
BlackDragonMTG
First Video: Friday Nights - Returns

Postby BlackDragonMTG » 08 Mar 2014, 15:55

Memo don't forget buddy, you were one too. back when you first made the server after fugi resigned. You too had no idea what you were doing and derping around. Now year and a half later you're flunging face first in all kinds of new avenues using experience of yesteryear's past :)

Even in the short time I've been on this server playing with the fellow fans of LRR we've seen you grow. Just remember this: Every mistake made today will be learned from and knowledge of the past will bring a brighter future for us all.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 08 Mar 2014, 18:48

BlackDragonMTG: True, but when I was a n00b, at least it was only me, I had to deal with, and not 160 other n00bs with me. :D

Hosk: Nope. I'll keep making posts to spite you. :P

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 08 Mar 2014, 19:33

SON OF A!

[–]Graham_LRR
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 08 Mar 2014, 23:53

Son of a mother?

Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 09 Mar 2014, 00:57

Hey, just wanted to apologise for being such a noob. I wasn't joking when I said I had been playing for less than a week, so I hope you can forgive my foolish questions.

Return to “Video Games”