Manabasecrafter.com

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Manabasecrafter.com

Postby Alex Steacy » 10 Mar 2014, 03:38

http://manabasecrafter.com/

Incredibly useful to all you commander players, and a pretty handy resource for highlander players like myself. Just pick a color or combination, choose a commander and this site will spit out a visual spoiler of all the lands you could be running in your deck.
ArchieO
First Video: Punct-uation

Re: Manabasecrafter.com

Postby ArchieO » 10 Mar 2014, 04:33

Heh I thought this was Spam for a sec before I saw who posted this, but yeah the site is very useful to someone like me who always forgets the odd dual here and there
Last edited by ArchieO on 10 Mar 2014, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
All my current Commander Decks
I stream Magic http://www.twitch.tv/acowen Tune in for EDH Fun Times!
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 10 Mar 2014, 04:36

Y'know, I had a problem where I would run too many duals in EDH for the longest time, and I feel like this encourages it.
ArchieO

Postby ArchieO » 10 Mar 2014, 05:25

I think it depends on the deck you are running, if you are running a green deck with multiple ways to search out Basic lands then you don't need so many duels, In a RUG deck I just run the Shocks, the Checks and some Utility lands (Reliquary Tower etc.) (I'd run fetches and OG duals but price etc...)

Whereas in something like an esper deck I would run as many duels as I could get my hands on because those decks struggle for mana fixing and generally have a lot of double to triple cost spells.

Also its just a great tool to figure out the best Utility lands for the deck. For EG: Minamo, School at Water's Edge might not fit in every deck but in Phenax Its fantastic or Riptide Laboratory, Useless in a lot of decks, Insane in a Venser deck.

If, like me, you weren't around for the earlier days of Magic when lands were lands and the color pie was just being baked then its very handy to find older cards that you simply didn't know existed
Del
First Video: Canadaman

Postby Del » 10 Mar 2014, 08:19

Whenever someone is new to Commander, this is the site I point them towards. Your landbase is the most important thing once you get into decks with three colours, and a lot of people new to magic won't realize that for some colour combinations there can be things like up to three taplands existing.

The filtering options and ability to exclude certain things like original duals also makes it useful in cutting down options when you're playing on a budget.
I walk the planes down in Ravnicaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 14 Mar 2014, 19:06

Holy shit. I tried this for Karona, and the land alone could be my whole fucking deck.
asteriskreaper
First Video: friday night - untap

Postby asteriskreaper » 19 Mar 2014, 05:49

it failed my test... i used it for Rafiq (as its the number one search for on their site apparently and they forgot a very important tri-land Treva's Ruins.
other than that its ok i guess, i play enough EDH to already know a standard land package for nearly every deck i might play (And probably more)
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." -the Laughing Man
"In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey... you should see me in a crown... "-James Moriarty(Sherlock)
ArchieO

Postby ArchieO » 19 Mar 2014, 06:50

Err Treva's Ruins is in there, if you scroll down far enough, its just not in with the alara tri-land
asteriskreaper

Postby asteriskreaper » 19 Mar 2014, 09:26

ArchieO wrote:Err Treva's Ruins is in there, if you scroll down far enough, its just not in with the alara tri-land

That's we're it wasn't there when I checked
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." -the Laughing Man
"In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey... you should see me in a crown... "-James Moriarty(Sherlock)
asteriskreaper

Postby asteriskreaper » 19 Mar 2014, 09:26

ArchieO wrote:Err Treva's Ruins is in there, if you scroll down far enough, its just not in with the alara tri-land

That's we're it wasn't there when I checked
ArchieO

Postby ArchieO » 19 Mar 2014, 09:30

Yeah its further down under the Section: Lairs

As its not a Tap Tri-land the site sees it differently

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”