LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Mar 2014, 11:52

Hunh... That was one thing not done last time... Something to look forward to?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 17 Mar 2014, 12:22

Oooo fun! Ill be sure to tell Anapis to get on and then not tell him its being rolled back as I blow up his house :)
Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 17 Mar 2014, 13:13

Sure. I'm game for some destruction. I could use some venting myself after a stressful work day.
DewKnight
First Video: Stalking

Postby DewKnight » 17 Mar 2014, 13:22

Heh, we used to do those whenever we had to wait for an update. We called it blow up the server day, and they were so much fun.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 17 Mar 2014, 14:49

Everything is fine.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 17 Mar 2014, 14:58

you're not quite saying that right.
EVERYTHING IS FINE!
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Mar 2014, 16:01

Lurkon wrote:Well, I missed the first one. I guess blowing up my pyramid might be fun? Did you guys flood Templemir last time?

We tried to blow it up but the shape of it naturally directed the blast upward and away from the structure.

empath wrote:Hey, Hosk - how's the Wall coming? :)

Putting walls up in my house has taken much of the time I would have devoted tot he wall in Minecraft.

Also a single row of the "current" section is six and a half stacks of snow blocks.

Its going to take awhile.

1 Diamond shovel with unbreaking 3 and fortune nets me about 23-25 stacks or 4 rows...

I plan on filling it in with ice by creating water and letting it freeze but I have to get out from under the lip I created first.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 17 Mar 2014, 18:42

So I counted the blocks on the first floor of my Orthanc build: 264 blocks.

The building narrows as it goes up, so I figure half of that is a reasonable average: 132 blocks.

The building is 192 blocks tall.

That gives me a quick, back of the envelope total of 25,344 blocks. Of obsidian.

I have no idea how the Numenorians did it. They must've been in creative, I guess.
red_mist
First Video: omni linugual

Postby red_mist » 17 Mar 2014, 19:09

deathjavu wrote:That gives me a quick, back of the envelope total of 25,344 blocks. Of obsidian

If we had a spreadsheet of all items and respective pricing I could do a bulk order of obsidian. come to think of it all items could be more readily available with bulk orders. might get a bit too colorful tho. Less "built from the lands resources" and more "check out my hodgepodge of weird blocks building". obsidian, and quartz could benifit to be on the list tho. Clay, is there pricing for clay? I can't remember.
Image ...just watch it!
RoentgeniumFinger

Postby RoentgeniumFinger » 17 Mar 2014, 19:14

While I am currently packing for a trip, I am unable to join in on the fun. Memo, I do have a suggestion for you.

Step One: Everyone gets in Templemir
Step Two: Spawn 15 Ghasts
Step Three: PROFIT!
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 17 Mar 2014, 23:40

One Public Works project I'd like to propose (once I have my own place properly set up) would be a treetop village.

I've done one on my private offline world some time ago & took some pictures of the place, which can be viewed at http://smg.photobucket.com/user/TStodden/library/Tree%20Top%20Village at your leisure so you can see an example of what it could look like. This village only has 3 ground-access points (The Skyrail Station, the community farm & the north entrance [NOT SHOWN]).

The exact village would be a bit unique for the world as the trees would become the platforms for the village (various heights adds some nice variety) & become a labyrinthine structure as residents will have to take various twists & turns to reach their desired location. I will note that sprawling will be a potential issue I tend to build on whims & available trees near the existing structure (clear-cutting trees away from the village would likely curb such issues). Others would be encouraged to build on it as well to make it part of their own as well, so there isn't one person influencing the look.

I'm not planning on starting it immediately, as I'm still working on building my own place, but I'd through I throw it out there & see if anyone would be interested in joining once it gets started?
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Mar 2014, 00:21

Yeah, tonight's idea was a bust from me not being able to keep my eyes open, but I'll try it again another day.

TStodden: I don't quite get the point. We've already got several tree-top villages running at various places on the server. What would be unique about this one?

eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 18 Mar 2014, 01:08

I'm opening up Howling Mine (387, -395), which is part of my Rogue's Passage tunnel network, to public mining. The connection to the lower mine inside is a bit precarious, but once you get down there's plenty to explore. All I ask is that if you find a section of diamonds, leave a sign near my house with its coordinates, as I'd like to dig some out for the achievement.

Memo, I just put in a request to name the mine and add it to the "Important Locations" list. Figured you'd like to know.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
SirDarksun
First Video: Annette: Internet Receptionist

Postby SirDarksun » 18 Mar 2014, 04:16

@TStodden: My little Treevillage is at about X=950, Z=-125.
I would like to let it grow quite a bit, but I don't have the time at the moment. (And my artistic abilities are limited :(
Never underestimate the power of denial.
BlackDragonMTG
First Video: Friday Nights - Returns

Postby BlackDragonMTG » 18 Mar 2014, 08:17

Memo so whats the story with the team speak suggestion you had? :) still interested in talking with my fellow man/woman with greater ease. Especially when I'm mining the smooth stone.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 18 Mar 2014, 08:23

Today, I surveyed my land and have declared it good. I've got a bit of desert, a bit of swampland, a bit of taiga, and mostly forest/plains. I marked out most of the boundaries with 12-block high dirt platforms, and found that my neighbor to the north did the same, except he used a torch path to draw his/her boundaries. AND, I was able to successfully get home from Red Mist's island by sailing somewhat southwest, hitting my neighbor's place, and hiking home from there.

Next steps for me:

Fill in the area near my bridge with water so that I can have a fishing pond.
Decide whether or not I want to build more hobbit homes
Get up the nerve to explore the abandoned mine more
Get together with BlackDragon, see if my monster trap is actually working, and build a switch into it so that I can turn it off and on
Learn more about redstone so that I can build a chicken egg cannon for my chicken slaughterhouse
Smooth out the rest of my caves
Maybe build up the islands surrounding my cove? Or build more islands so that I can wayfind home from Red Mist's place better?

Trisha Lynn
...so many plans...
Last edited by Trisha Lynn on 19 Mar 2014, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Deimir
First Video: Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Postby Deimir » 18 Mar 2014, 13:32

Been out of the Minecraft loop for the past week or so, my friends informed me that Diablo 3 has a 50% XP boost event running until the new expansion comes out. I wanted to take the opportunity to get all my characters up to the current level cap.

Going to hop in this afternoon for a bit, try to remember where I left off.
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 18 Mar 2014, 20:35

What's a recommended distance from spawn? I'm looking at the map trying to find a suitable build area, but I'm reluctant to go too far out in case it increases the need for maintenance (due to a larger uncovered area). I'm also unsure how the server handles things like that, whether it makes too much of a difference or not.

Obviously with spawn being around 250, 250 it'd be a little silly to go to 10000 or so, but with the map cutting off unknown areas (at least I think that's what's happening; as I said: no idea) it's hard to know where to look.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 19 Mar 2014, 00:48

The normal recommendation is to stay within roughly +/- 2500.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 19 Mar 2014, 00:58

Well, I've got 3/4 of the map cutting done, and it's just the NE corner left to do.

On an unrelated note, I got the beginnings of the Market renovation done. There's now some bulk orders and other supplies in the basement, if you want. There's also access to and from the XP grinder.
Furthermore, I was able to spam-proof the buttons, so jamming those buttons as fast as you can no longer causes a problem. If it's too fast, it now neither robs you nor gives you free stuff. It just does nothing. :)
I'll see if I can add more items and enchantments to the Market, as I get to it.

BlackDragonMTG
First Video: Friday Nights - Returns

Postby BlackDragonMTG » 19 Mar 2014, 07:23

AdmiralMemo wrote:Well, I've got 3/4 of the map cutting done, and it's just the NE corner left to do.

On an unrelated note, I got the beginnings of the Market renovation done. There's now some bulk orders and other supplies in the basement, if you want. There's also access to and from the XP grinder.
Furthermore, I was able to spam-proof the buttons, so jamming those buttons as fast as you can no longer causes a problem. If it's too fast, it now neither robs you nor gives you free stuff. It just does nothing. :)
I'll see if I can add more items and enchantments to the Market, as I get to it.

This sir is great to hear memo! I know a lot of people have projects that require certain materials in mass that cant usually be a acquired as such on a multi player server :)
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 19 Mar 2014, 08:29

Antitonic wrote:What's a recommended distance from spawn? I'm looking at the map trying to find a suitable build area, but I'm reluctant to go too far out in case it increases the need for maintenance (due to a larger uncovered area). I'm also unsure how the server handles things like that, whether it makes too much of a difference or not.

Obviously with spawn being around 250, 250 it'd be a little silly to go to 10000 or so, but with the map cutting off unknown areas (at least I think that's what's happening; as I said: no idea) it's hard to know where to look.

Anywhere the map cuts off is off-limits until 1.8 rolls around.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 19 Mar 2014, 14:51

FYI Memo: The Rail between the Bayou and the Forest Interchange is listed on the Sign on the Boyou's side as Departures/Arrivals to Smeghead's lighthouse. Not sure if intended.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 19 Mar 2014, 15:45

Oh dang... I never updated that? Well, that station needs an overhaul anyway.

AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 20 Mar 2014, 02:23

Well, Mods: Keep things together until Sunday. :)

Return to “Video Games”