LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Trisha Lynn » 24 Mar 2014, 18:06

Having been online sporadically and especially while the friendly PVP was going on, I definitely didn't see it as being disruptive to anyone else's gameplay. Honestly, my impression of it was that rather than level up by abusing the XP Grinder at Spawn (or killing their own farm animals), they decided to level themselves that way.

I don't know exactly what you'd need in a Community Manager, and my husband (and my productivity) would hate it if I played Minecraft more, but I wouldn't mind being on the list of helpful players who can help convey messages to/from Memo when he is away or sleepy or wants to focus on doing his thing and another mod is on.

Trisha Lynn
...what does a Minecraft community manager do...?
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 24 Mar 2014, 19:23

Trisha Lynn wrote:Trisha Lynn
"...what does a Minecraft community manager do...?"

You should put that on a business card.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 24 Mar 2014, 19:39

I know I'm often busy with school and such but I'm around most nights/weekends (EST) if there's anything I could do to help. If anyone needs help, really. If someone needs supplies or something I'd be happy to gather some in my free time. Lately I keep logging on, getting some stuff done, then quitting out of boredom until a couple hours later when I try again. I'm losing steam building but I like the social interaction, even if it's just reading the chat, so I don't want to give up. Anything I can do to assist, I'd be happy.
perdidoparker
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby perdidoparker » 25 Mar 2014, 03:51

I am also available to help out in any way I can. Thought my class schedule interferes marginally, I can help anyone out with build project designs, tools and supplies, mediating disagreements (which I'm happy to say I rarely see), achievement hunting, and anything else that doesn't require the use of "mod power". If it's something that requires memos attention then go ahead and let me (or another mod) know so we can document the issue and present it to memo in an organized fashion. Well I probably ended up repeating a bit of what others were already saying/offering, but I just wanted to get that out there.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
BlackDragonMTG
First Video: Friday Nights - Returns

Postby BlackDragonMTG » 25 Mar 2014, 04:18

Well I can say this from what I read none of us dislike you or want to cause you extra work. Most of us that come from the lrr fan base only ever have good intent and it seems when the slightest amount of ignorance or misinformation the community is willing to help bare at least some of the labor required to fix it.

Memo: I know at least one successful server has a "build team" meant for making community areas and the likes on the server. You also have red who's like his natural looking stuff. We don't really need a "build team" but a mod or two who is capable of fixing issues that are deemed in need. Such as the rail lines in the nether, constantly being esploded let the mods fix them. Until you can glass them up. Or if glassing them up isnt something you care to much about the mods can knock it out for you. Someone digs a tunnel accidently through 4 peoples territories now that mods have a bit more access you relax let them knock it out and you work on the projects you're up to. :)

Also memo I want to get with you to discuss my project and railining it.
deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 25 Mar 2014, 05:28

Dix wrote:I know I only just started playing and your's is the first server I've ever joined but having a CM (community manager) or two would probably be a huge assist. Just my 2 cents.

That said.. MY GOD MINECRAFT IS SO ADDICTIVE. HALP.

We warned you Dix. You were warned.

I hope you don't have many real life obligations, Minecraft does not mix well with those.

On a related note, Real Life (tm) has strangled its noodley appendages all over me. If I'm on, I probably shouldn't be. :(

See you guys more in May, I guess.
Admiralmatt
First Video: The Job

Postby Admiralmatt » 25 Mar 2014, 09:49

just finished my lighthouse can't wait for the next map update.
deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 25 Mar 2014, 12:55

If anyone wants to help with my project, I made one copy of an exterior decoration that needs to be copied around the wall. I put down molds to indicate where the other copies would go. Leave your name on a sign if you help!

Other than that, I'm always looking for obsidian.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 25 Mar 2014, 13:03

The section of the wall that I am currently working on, which you cant see but is under the "finished" looking part on the map X165 to 265. Is less than 5000 blocks from being finished. HURRAY! then I just have to replicate that from 165 to -1600... and built a bunch of castles...

Im going to need to mine more diamonds.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 25 Mar 2014, 13:48

deathjavu, I know there's some obsidian in Howling Mine. I don't have anything capable of mining it, though, so you'd have to get it yourself or provide me something to mine it out.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 25 Mar 2014, 18:12

OK, I now understand why some of Howling Mine was so well laid out: It connects to Minion's Mine.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
red_mist
First Video: omni linugual

Postby red_mist » 25 Mar 2014, 18:35

I am requesting permission to build a land pathway and series of bridges connecting my island through the swamp and to blackdragon's castle.

Thanks
Image ...just watch it!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Mar 2014, 18:51

1. I thought there were 2 people in that swamp... I'll need to see how this will affect them.

2. Will this get any use once I have the railway between you two in place?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

red_mist
First Video: omni linugual

Postby red_mist » 25 Mar 2014, 19:30

There are currently no builds in that swamp that I'm aware of. No signs of civilization either.

A road would get used, in fact the rails are nice, but you can't take a pony on the rail. Plus it would allow for some scenic/epic bridge builds.
Image ...just watch it!
Linkstorm88
First Video: One of the Commodore Hustles

Postby Linkstorm88 » 26 Mar 2014, 03:44

AdmiralMemo wrote: I apologize for being such a terrible person. I probably should go out and shoot myself in the head so you never have to deal with me and the problems I generate anymore. (I don't think I will, though, because I still have 2 shelves of books to read. But if I disappeared, no one would care and the world would be better off, probably.)

Hey Memo, not that it means much from a nobody on the other side of the world, but this isn't cool, man. I'm going to choose to believe that this isn't a joke and treat it with the seriousness it deserves.

You need to get help, Memo. You need to find someone to talk to. I read in a previous post all the reasons that's difficult, but in the end, the only thing stopping you is you. There's probably a thousand barriers in your mind about why you simply cannot go and speak to someone, but you need to get past those, and soon.

There have been a thousand warning remarks in your posts which should have been signs, but this one is something that cannot be ignored. You can't go thinking that only the books are keeping you around. You can't go thinking that no one would miss you, or that the world is better off. They would miss you. The world would not be better off without you. These are unhealthy thoughts, and if you are genuinely at a stage where you believe them, then you are out of time; you need to get help.

I tried to research services in your state that I could refer you to, but I'm afraid I don't understand your health system at all. I know you're an avid church-goer, I'm sure they'd be able to supply you with some services.

Understand this: it's easier to do nothing, but not better. It's a harder thing, a braver thing to take the steps to get help. It makes you more of a person, not less of one.

Please be brave. Please get help.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Mar 2014, 09:44

Everything you say makes sense in my head, and it's not like it's new information. But I'm just not feeling it, deep inside. I've found that words are hollow if they are not supported by actions.

As far as I can tell, there's no place TO go to get help that's within walking distance. I've put out some Skype calls to Runners, with little success. Few people seem to want to talk.

Regarding genuinely believing what I say, I do in the moment I say it, but it's usually before my brain can kick in and tell me why it's a bad idea. It's usually my heart, my gut, my emotions talking, rather than my brain.

Also, jokingly, knowing my buying habits, if I didn't die until I'd read all my books, I'd live forever, since I buy at a faster rate than I consume these days.

What our resident Dutchman said is absolutely true:
Dutch guy wrote:Over the last months you have seemed to me like a very nice caring guy who is just being pushed to the breaking point by his circumstances.
I think part of the problem is that I really have not much to look forward to in this life, except "more of the same, followed by death." I mean, even something that I'm really looking forward to, like LRRcon, is slowly becoming routine, because I'm now going to Shore Leave every year.

I think I've just realized that I need more than human contact in my life. I need someone to share experiences with. I need a frickin' girlfriend, essentially, I guess. (Someone who isn't bat-bus insane like Jenny is.)

Costia
First Video: feed dump

Postby Costia » 27 Mar 2014, 06:39

I have started building beyond the wall and want to check the possibility of getting connected to the nether railway.
Currently I go to Hosk's regular rail station and then a train/cart to spawn, which takes a while.
Also, sometimes the final bend and uphill climb of the rails near spawn fails and the cart rolls all the way back to lava interchange. (edit: a detector rail could help with that)

So currently I for ask permission to open a nether portal, at least temporarily, to see where I end up in the nether relative to the existing structures there (does Hosk's wall have a nether portal or a nether railway station?).
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 27 Mar 2014, 07:17

There is not a neather access at the wall, I have also had the same problem with the climb into the rail station at spawn.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 27 Mar 2014, 07:24

I can modify that, if it's a problem.

Edit: Should be solved.
Last edited by AdmiralMemo on 27 Mar 2014, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.

perdidoparker
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby perdidoparker » 27 Mar 2014, 07:41

red_mist wrote:I am requesting permission to build a land pathway and series of bridges connecting my island through the swamp and to blackdragon's castle.

Thanks

This looks like it has the potential to be awesome! Provided there are no conflicts I am in support of this project :D
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 27 Mar 2014, 08:36

Why does everyone hate talking to me? Not talking and just doing stuff makes me very upset.

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 27 Mar 2014, 13:26

Because you get very upset when we talk to you and you tend to attack people first and try to understand later.

[–]Graham_LRR
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 27 Mar 2014, 13:49

I get upset when EVERYONE talks to me AT ONCE. If you talk to me slowly, clearly, in an orderly fashion, one by one, I'm very reasonable and personable.

But increasing pressure causes me to explode, just like most things in physics.
I don't like it when you gang up and attack me.

I'm surrounded by people, and yet so alone... Being rejected sucks...

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 27 Mar 2014, 14:03

If you read the past 15 pages of this thread I think you will see that we keep reaching out to you not rejecting you AdmiralMemo.

If we were rejecting you we would have found another server to build on but we aren't, we accept the things you have trouble with and try to be understanding. But just like you get frustrated by things you dont understand we too get frustrated by things we dont understand.

[–]Graham_LRR
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 27 Mar 2014, 14:45

Memo: You and I had a conversation in the morning once where you said you preferred to work with your IRL customers by email/text. I hate to treat and turn the server into another IRL-work like situation for you, but would it help if we had an actual ticket/project management system? And if there were a few people assigned to respond to those bugs on the customer service end and leave you to doing the regular work?

Alas, in a game with real-time chat, there is no way to orderly queue up the questions. But perhaps a more formalize bug ticket system would work?

Trisha Lynn
...we do want to help...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn

Return to “Video Games”