Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby viscomica » 23 Mar 2014, 21:35

Kapol wrote:I'm awful with time. The last two days I've needed to get a bunch of stuff done, and I haven't done any of it. The worst part is, I FEEL like I've done something... namely I've gotten a bunch of my old Yugioh and Pokémon cards around to sell to various buylists. But at the same time... that's not much. And I still have to finish adding a background to my zombie drawing, working on the drawing from class, finish Astronomy homework (that was due last week), finish Astronomy work from class, clean the house, clean the dishes, make SOMETHING for dinner, and... then... take over the world?

Ah, yes, the horrible consequences of procastination.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 23 Mar 2014, 23:19

To be fair, I wasn't intentionally procrastinating. I wanted to try to sell some cards, and ended up going deeper than I thought. And I'm hopefully going to get paid a decent sum for it. But... I still have ALL of that work to do (minus dinner) and I still need to get my Fan Dump footage squared away... and now it's 3 in the morning.
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 24 Mar 2014, 06:04

Pro tip: set small short-term goals. About 15 minutes of work. Force yourself to forget about all the other tasks for the time being.

That way, you're not trying to do everything at the same time and you're just doing this one thing.

Once you're done, find another 15 minute task, maybe the next part of the last task, maybe some other one that you needed to do.

I'm sure it won't work for everyone, but it's gotten me out of a lot of stressful situations in the past.
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 24 Mar 2014, 19:03

It might change in the next twenty-four hours, but all I can think right now is "all of the middle-fingers" and I want to slam my head in to things and, no, I won't go in to details because the details are boring.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 24 Mar 2014, 20:41

I'm not paranoid if I'm always right, right?

Also, I miss my dog.

Edit: I think I also hate the term millenials, everything that's ever been written about millenials, and a large percentage of millenials and the media/writing they produce.

Edit edit: No, I'm not paranoid. Because I'm always right. It's great being right. Being right makes you happy all the time. All the time. I'm very happy.

Edit edit edit: I'm not happy. My dog died, and the girl I was going out with, who things were going great with, that I was really starting fall for, just suddenly decided out of nowhere that even though she really likes me she doesn't want to be dating anyone right now. And I guess I just have to fucking deal with these things.

Really I should just go fuck myself, because pets die and people don't get me, and quite clearly I wasn't designed for relationships of any kind because how ever I feel about someone I always seem to feel incorrectly by some margin or other. And dogs die, and all anyone can fucking say is that I'm 21, and that the best stuff is coming, and don't you think I fucking know that? I'll just sit here and cry for a while.

People go on about me being talented. If I am talented, then I seem to be talented at everything but life itself.

And to cap it all off, I've got fucking "Love Shack" stuck in my head...
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 24 Mar 2014, 22:55

I'm getting really tired of being nauseated and headache-y. Had to up the dose on a med and it's screwing with my digestive system (expected) and evidently causing a headache as well (not expected.) My body should equalize and drop the side-effects in about a week... but this week is gonna be crap... and it's SUPPOSED to be Spring Break. Uggh.
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Postby KiteNeravar » 25 Mar 2014, 06:32

Dutch guy wrote:
KiteNeravar wrote:I'm 26 and got my Masters in Mechanical Engineering last year after a total of 6 years of college and something like 250k in loans. Since then I have applied for enough jobs that I no longer have a count running. Atleast 70% of them were looking for someone with 2 years experience or less, and I have got approximately 0 replies.

Because of this I have to live at home and work that one part time job that I wasn't told I was over qualified for. This job is with some of the worst people I have ever fucking met in my life. Recently, since I am the only male working in the department, my responsibilities shifted to more physical labor. Same hours, same pay so whatever. However, my boss seems to think that it is incredibly fucking fair to have me put of my work and spend the day helping her with hers. Then when it's already 30 minutes past normal quitting time she sends me to do all of my work, with no help. When I get back back she has the nerve to tell me I "need to move my ass faster". I was so pissed I almost went ballistic right there (and I never lose my temper, never raise my voice when I am angry), but I need the money so I held my tongue.

To top it all off ancient car's transmition is leaking and will very soon go to shit. So I need to find a replacement that isn't also shit and is affordable soon.

It's just so fucking stressful and frustrating and depressing that I want to just lay in bed for a long time and break something at the same time. But I won't because that's not me, I'm going to force myself to stay optimistic and cheerful and just keep pushing on.

FUCK EVERYTHING GAAHHHHH

I feel a bit better now

As a fellow 26 year old Mechanical Engineer with <2 years experience, want me to have a look at your resume/application letter to see if I have some pointers/ideas?
Oh shit, I didn't notice your response. Sure that would be great.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 25 Mar 2014, 07:23

-
Last edited by Kapol on 12 Apr 2017, 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 25 Mar 2014, 13:35

Alright, I know I've been gone awhile, but I need to vent, vent, VENT:

1) So, I'm working with my friend now. He's already gone back on original compensation agreement and I've just been getting paid for the clients that I bring in and work on. Now, he's all pissy about how I can't attend this judge's thing with him tonight. He's all, you need to get your priorities in order. Fuck him. He's younger than me, he hasn't any idea how to my area of law, I work my cases, I supervise the interns, I work on his cases, I draft motions for him, I answer his phone, and I do various other things for him. I work 60-80 hours a week. So much that I haven't been able to do laundry, except for small piles, in weeks. I'm tired and exhausted. He can go fuck himself.
2) One of our interns is a moron and I can't get my friend who I work with to fire him because he's friends with him. He can't do simple fucking tasks, even when explained out in utmost detail. I have to hold his hand to do anything. What is the point of having an intern if he can't do anything? This is a law student. He is less than a year away from taking the bar exam. He should be able to do all the things we've asked him to do. Actually, a person with less education should be able to do the things we ask him to do.

3) I have had this belligerent client that calls me constantly, takes up hours of my time, doesn't listen to me. blah blah blah, I can't really talk about it except to say, I'm sure he's going to put in a bar complaint about me, which I'm fine with because I know I'm acting correctly (If you don't get bar complaints as a family attorney, you're not actually practicing law. It happens whether you do something wrong or not.), but the time and effort of having to deal with it is going to be so fucking annoying.
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 25 Mar 2014, 14:16

*hugz*
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 25 Mar 2014, 16:07

I concur with the hugs.

It's remarkable that you do so much for that pair of pricks. Can you delegate the phone answering to the intern, see how much your friend likes that? For the third guy, can't you record and bill him for the calls?

I am a man, and so I always feel the need to try to fix stuff, so feel free to ignore my waffling. It's nice to see you back.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 25 Mar 2014, 16:34

Why the FUCK did I EVER DARE to even CONCEIVE that I might EVER be allowed to hold on to money???

How could I have the GALL to aspire to NOT living paycheck to paycheck?!?

WHAT A FUCKING INSULT TO THE UNIVERSE I AM; HOW DARE I?????
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 25 Mar 2014, 16:54

God, I know that feeling. I was thinking "You know what? I don't want to be in a situation where I'm struggling anymore. Time to budget and save!" 4 hours later. That's ALL it took. 4 hours. Then everything fell apart that only money could fix from computer parts starting to fail to people needing my help because nobody else would help them.

Which, to be fair, they DID let me know in advance and I did budget accordingly for said help. But the computer parts failing on me really fucked my emergency funds leaving me out of cash in a few days.

So I'm saying it NOW! AGAIN! I WILL save up so I won't get in this situation again!

*waits for the house to get set on fire*
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 25 Mar 2014, 21:35

I just walked out on my volleyball game. I snapped. Two weeks in a row I had to play next to this new guy who thinks he knows everything. He thinks he's the whole bloody team. The ball comes right at me and he jumps in front of me to take it. He's diving and rolling around on the floor when it should have been my ball to begin with. Then he's telling me how to play and where to stand. Like he's the volleyball god or something. It's freaking drop-in volleyball at the rec centre, not the Olympics. I just want to get some exercise and have some fun and you know what, when the ball comes to me I am actually capable of playing it myself, thank you very much. After he jumped in front of me to get the ball for like the 25th time in one night I just walked off the court and went home. Thanks for ruining one of the things I most enjoy.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Sakurazaki
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby Sakurazaki » 25 Mar 2014, 22:08

empath wrote:See all these people crowding in the lobby? We HAVE reservations, and we're waiting. And yet you react with shock, surprise and SCORN?!? :roll:

And if this just happened once in the half-hour we waited there, I wouldn't mind so much, but I don't think two minutes would pass before some other group of borderline-intoxicated people would wander in.

This 'civilization' needs to get knocked down a few pegs; there's FAR too many of its citizens going around with ungodly huge expectations of entitlement that would make Veruca Salt think they were spoiled rotten...

In my experience, a smug sense of entitlement is nothing but a cover for serious personal problems. Maybe my time in customer service made me vindictive, but the best cure for annoying customers is as follows:

1) Be as nice as possible.
2) Think about how powerless and unimportant they must feel if they resort to verbally abusing service employees as a coping mechanism.
3) Continue with your day.

There may not be a cure for stupid yet, but why should you let their venting ruin your day :wink:

Back on topic:

Whoever put these damn "speed up your PC with our $30 optional service" pop-ups in the free version of Avast! deserves a swift kick with steel-toe boots. I didn't sign up for security software just so it could annoy me more than most pop-up ads. I built this computer from scratch, I'm positive it doesn't have the 16 pieces of manufacturer bloatware that your shitty "automatic diagnostic" claims :evil:
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 26 Mar 2014, 05:31

I have the free version and I've not seen it. Maybe not yet, maybe I won't at all. Do you have your info and update pop ups turned on? Mine are off and that might be the difference.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 26 Mar 2014, 06:26

Ptangmatik wrote:I concur with the hugs.

It's remarkable that you do so much for that pair of pricks. Can you delegate the phone answering to the intern, see how much your friend likes that? For the third guy, can't you record and bill him for the calls?

I am a man, and so I always feel the need to try to fix stuff, so feel free to ignore my waffling. It's nice to see you back.

While I appreciate the brainstorming, all our phones are done on cell phone and the phone line forwards to my personal cell phone. Also, some of the calls are for me and the intern would lose me business with his inability to do basic shit...like take a proper message.
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Mar 2014, 06:34

I wake up to find...
I've got ants storming my house in March while there's snow on the ground... I've got a friend faking suicide on FaceBook for attention...

Crap comes in threes, and I'm just waiting for the other shoe.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 26 Mar 2014, 12:25

Can somebody please reassure me that at every university in the country, there are dickheads, the committees are a bunch of politics and uselessness, there are morons, and the reason I'm getting on with all this so badly is just me being me?

It would help to get confirmation that I haven't spent the last year in a shithole.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 26 Mar 2014, 12:31

Student boards tend to be shit. No disrespect to anyone who works in one but in my experience they tend to simply serve as vechiles for a few belligerent idiots wanting to make names for themselves. Lots of ego trips going around. You ask for more chairs and suddenly you're Che Guevara.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 26 Mar 2014, 12:32

They're all like that at the top. There are dickheads, suits who think with their wallets, idiots who go to university just to avoid being in an actual job who you've got a STRONG chance of having to work with and you'll not get away from them.

But there are also genuine people who would walk through fire and glass to get the job done and to help you. Just find some good in it because if you keep focusing on the bad, it will be the worst years of your life when it should be the best.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Mar 2014, 12:32

I assure you, there are dickheads, the committees are a bunch of politics and uselessness, and there are morons at more than just every university in your country. They are quite firmly entrenched in every country.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 26 Mar 2014, 12:45

Cheers guys. I know I have issues with continually focusing on the negative, just thought a little external validation would help.

Eurgh. One day I will learn how, broadly speaking, to life. One day...
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Sakurazaki
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby Sakurazaki » 26 Mar 2014, 12:55

Darkobra wrote:I have the free version and I've not seen it. Maybe not yet, maybe I won't at all. Do you have your info and update pop ups turned on? Mine are off and that might be the difference.

This morning I scoured every option screen Avast has and turned off everything that remotely looked like a notification. I think I fixed it, but the fact that the notification was set to "on" by default really annoys me. The fact that the default install had sounds enabled is torture enough as is.

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:Can somebody please reassure me that at every university in the country, there are dickheads, the committees are a bunch of politics and uselessness, there are morons, and the reason I'm getting on with all this so badly is just me being me?

It would help to get confirmation that I haven't spent the last year in a shithole.

Anyone who has the free time in college to join a student action committee obviously needs to focus on their education more. My younger brother is a business major, and he claims that everyone seeks whatever feeble positions of power they can get just so they have something on their resume. It's pathetic, but positions of power attract idiots :|
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 26 Mar 2014, 14:19

Even worse are positions of pretend power, like committees like that often are, as anyone with any sense realises what a waste of time they are and doesn't join, leaving a vacuum that the numpties happily fill.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.

Return to “General Discussion”