Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Ptangmatik » 27 Mar 2014, 10:40

NUNS! REVERSE! °cough°

This utter div has bollocksed up his formatting harder than a male camel kicks the bastard that sneaks up behind him with a pair of bricks. Its a two column scientific paper and I have NO idea what its about, I'm just flailing about removing mad hyphening and the absurd way he's arranged the formatting means I somehow occasionally delete half his sodding appear when I try to change "as- suming" to "assuming" The line spacing's morgadored, and sometimes when I move things between lines or try to add something to a line, it comes out in a mad format, with massive spaces between individual letters, or several millimetres up or down from where the line is supposed to be.
Last edited by Ptangmatik on 27 Mar 2014, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 27 Mar 2014, 10:41

And the other shoe falls...

My parents' house burned down in January 2013. Now the city wants to charge them $65,000 for the water the firemen used to put out the fire....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 27 Mar 2014, 10:53

AdmiralMemo wrote:And the other shoe falls...

My parents' house burned down in January 2013. Now the city wants to charge them $65,000 for the water the firemen used to put out the fire....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

What the actual flying fuck????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 27 Mar 2014, 11:05

This was only found out at the hearing my parents scheduled because they kept getting billed for the water bill for water they weren't using, water that they COULDN'T use because the city turned the water off like 2 days after the fire.

Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 27 Mar 2014, 11:57

If the pricing is similar to how it is here, thats nearly 100.000 cubic meters of water. Or roughly 100 MILLION liters (378 MILLION gallons). Thats just ridiculous!
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Postby KiteNeravar » 27 Mar 2014, 12:49

Can you help me?
Yeah, you can tell me, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH MY HOUSE!

Came home from work to find fire trucks, ambulances and police cars in front of my house. Turns out our pellet stove caught some plastic on fire. Nothing major, just some siding removed and some of the back deck taken out. Just not something you want to see when you're driving down your street.

When I tried to park in my driveway (we are the only house with the driveway) Someone from the FD comes and asks if he can help me, like I'm just some nosy ass who wants to see whats going on
cuddlyblade
First Video: reduce your footprint

Postby cuddlyblade » 27 Mar 2014, 18:49

Fucking brain stop! It's 20 to 3 in the morning and I need to be up in just over 3 hours! I get that you think I'm a worthless fuck and your probably right but could you please stop for 5 fucking minutes and be quiet so I can get some fucking sleep! I swear brain if you weren't a part of me I'd fucking throttle you!
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 27 Mar 2014, 18:52

You know what I do when I get like that? Play some games. Read a book. Something that involves my mind concentrating on something else. Then I just forget and fall asleep an hour later.

Not gonna do you much good now with only 3 hours and every minute being precious but next time it happens, you'll know how to tackle it.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
cuddlyblade
First Video: reduce your footprint

Postby cuddlyblade » 27 Mar 2014, 18:58

I've tried that often works but tonight it's being a persistent fucker.
No luck for any sleep I think now. Think I'll go kill something instead. Always makes me feel better.

EDIT: In a video game. Need to think before I type. God that looked bad.
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 27 Mar 2014, 19:36

Sleep deprivation makes me want to kill too. It's ok.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 27 Mar 2014, 20:00

Every time I post here, someone else has something way worse than my vent.

Nevertheless, I burned the fuck out of the proximal phalange of my middle finger of my right hand. I always seem to hurt myself there. It makes it hard to knock and do other stuff. The skin is all gone, but I don't think it's a third-degree burn.

It sucks, especially because I was burned because I'm stupid and careless. I touched the hob with my finger, which I can't remember ever doing when it's cool. I moved the teapot (that I always put on hot burners) because it was there long enough to start whistling, and it was annoying me.

And it's JUST big enough to be too big for a standard band-aid.

Ugh.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 29 Mar 2014, 03:33

Well... seems like a friend of mine opposes same-sex marriage on religious grounds.

Sigh. I haven't called him out on Facebook that he's using Bible Verses a defence for his opinion, because that would cause a shit storm.
I've said what I needed to say without insulting him, and now I will have to walk away. And if in real life he ever brings up the subject, I will have to bat it away because when you're talking about Human Rights and you bring religion into it, it's no longer a debate.

I am probably a Christian. But using Bible verses in defence for your opinion is the same as using text from Lord of The Rings.

Both texts can be used to explore the human condition, but they shouldn't be used to dictate how others live.

My personal opinion as Religious-of-Sort person is that: "What sort of God would want to forbid two people who sincerely love each other very-very much from living a long and happy life together?"

Besides, with his argument: "You have to be religious to get married".
Marriage now-a-days is also a legally binding thing.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 29 Mar 2014, 04:08

Merrymaker turn the arguments against him using the same phrases people used why people of different ethnicities shouldn't get married.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 29 Mar 2014, 04:15

Or why people who eat meat on fridays should be stoned to death. There's a lot of mad shit in Leviticus.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 29 Mar 2014, 05:31

I'm not going to bother to engage.
It seems pointless engaging with someone who seems to be weaponizing the Bible (A book [lets give it the benefit of the doubt was dictated by God] written down by humans, which was copied again and again, and translated, and copied again and again*). It's like using "The Hungry Caterpillar" as fact to back up your opinion on child obesity.

Someone else is also engaged (seems to share the same opinion as me), so I'll let him "duel".

*Even if originally it was The Word of The God, the amount of times it's been reproduced and translated has left it very vulnerable to manipulation by human beings who want to press their own agenda. It also includes interpretation since it seems symbolic and metaphorical in the "bat shit crazy" bits
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 29 Mar 2014, 08:34

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU MEAN I'M STILL REGISTERED AS THE CLUB SECRETARY AT THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?

(Note, I stopped being secretary about 3 years ago. In fact, none of the board member of that time are still in the board.)
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 29 Mar 2014, 12:44

Fuck you brain. Dreams are the one place I get to get away from my social anxiety, and now I have dreams about social anxiety?!

FUCK! YOU!
Hurp-De-Durp!
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 29 Mar 2014, 23:23

Well, here goes. The last week of undergrad classes - ever. The last week of the past four years of my life. The last week of normality as I've come to know it. In a few short weeks my lease will be up and I'll be somewhere else.

And who knows how much I'll have left after the next two years. Rent, food, tuition, insurance, gas, etc. Assuming I can actually prove I can drive. My insurance is going to be atrocious, I know that. I just never figured I'd make it this far... like in life. In time. In general. I was not expecting I'd be here. How can you blame me for not being prepared?

I'm freaking the hell out here, albeit internally.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 30 Mar 2014, 00:49

Calm down, Aubie... Just calm down...

Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 30 Mar 2014, 02:56

It'll be alright Aubergine. I know exactly how you feel (Just look at the very first post in Depressing Depression thread) Things will be difficult for a bit, things will be new and exciting and depressing and annoying for a while. And then things get better.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Mar 2014, 05:50

Is it normally for Married Couples to argue?

Because every time my parents argue it makes me sad because I have no idea if it's "normal" or not. So my brain doesn't know if it needs to go in "sigh, they're doing it again /ignore" or "THEY'RE GETTING A DIVORCE".

It's also not really a question to ask people. "Hey, does your Mum scream and cry at your Dad every so often?"

I must admit, every time they argue, it makes me less and less interested in ever getting married.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 30 Mar 2014, 06:05

Pretty normal. My parents don't argue so much after my mum finished her degree (and has thus stopped being stressed to all hell), but they still have occasional shouting matches and bicker like fishwives a lot of the time. They love each other, but very much know one another's worse points. For want of another example, Harry Hooudini was reportedly blessed with an incredibly close relationship with his loving wife, yet even the3y would argue often enough for him to have a standard response that the media got hold of (apparently, whenever they fought he would go for a walk around the block, and when he got back he'd throw his hat through the window. If is wife threw it back out, she was still angry at him and he went for another lap.)

Sorry, branched off on a Houdini-related tangent there
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 30 Mar 2014, 08:25

Parents argue, yes, this is true. I think every set of parents I've known for long enough I have seen arguing at some point.

It can sometimes be tricky to take, I know from experience, but it's a normal part of any relationship. Remember, in a standard co-inhabiting, mom dad and babies, till death do us part marriage, those two people spend a LOT of time together and go through a hell of a lot together, that builds up tension that needs to be released somehow.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 30 Mar 2014, 08:56

If a couple doesn't argue about something at some point in their lives, THEN something's wrong.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.

Return to “General Discussion”