LRRcast for 2014-05-16

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

LRRcast for 2014-05-16

Postby James » 24 May 2014, 09:47

Graham, Paul, James and Kathleen chat about LRRCon and then answer some questions from Twitter.

We apologize for the audio issue. We replaced a cable in the two newest casts that will go up later this week and we didn't run into this problem, so we're hopeful.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Re: LRRcast 2014 05 16

Postby Jamfalcon » 24 May 2014, 12:51

I'm only slightly bitter hearing about Kathleen's trivia team, since that Jeremy fellow had originally signed onto mine and jumped ship. :P
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 24 May 2014, 12:56

I mean, I know I brag about having a big house for a student, but holding LRRcon here might be a bit hard. Then again, not a lot of Dutch fans, so it might fit :P
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Silverfish
First Video: The Gay Chicken

Postby Silverfish » 24 May 2014, 15:41

I'm the one who asked about the logo. It seems so obvious now, but after watching LRR videos for a while you don't really think about it. It looks like you changed the logo bit at the start of season two. The last video of season one had a longer "loading" bit (http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/ ... rospective), while the first of season two (http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/ ... ngReadyRap) is more or less the current version, but for a couple of videos you used a different tune instead of the sporting news baseball one.
Eric the Orange
First Video: The Job

Postby Eric the Orange » 24 May 2014, 21:27

The sound cables are FULL OF BEES!
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 25 May 2014, 05:44

Kathleen you should absolutely the Last Layton game by yourself as it is the final game with Layton as the protagonist, and it has a good ending
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Postby jkefka » 25 May 2014, 07:12

I know it wasn't an intentional joke, but when you were answering the question about advice you would give to a film student and the first thing Graham says is "make sure your sound is good" I was expecting a flashing "IRONY" over the entire shot from post. Not at all your fault and I barely mind the audio glitch, but I found that extremely amusing.
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 25 May 2014, 10:12

I guess this'll be the last time I askLRR on twitter, not enough room to make it clear that I was asking about in-jokes shared with us, not put there only for your own amusement.

Then again, I never know if what I'm writing is fully understood, so...
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 25 May 2014, 10:27

When I was in university, my roommates and I ended up with an old TV but we didn't want to get cable so I bought an antenna hoping to get CBC for hockey games.

We got two channels, one that showed Judge Judy in the afternoon and another that had Quincey MD and Magnum PI, so on lazy afternoons I used to watch Magnum too.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 25 May 2014, 15:01

jkefka wrote:I know it wasn't an intentional joke, but when you were answering the question about advice you would give to a film student and the first thing Graham says is "make sure your sound is good" I was expecting a flashing "IRONY" over the entire shot from post. Not at all your fault and I barely mind the audio glitch, but I found that extremely amusing.
I know. I didn't even want to air this podcast, for that reason :(

romangoro wrote:I guess this'll be the last time I askLRR on twitter, not enough room to make it clear that I was asking about in-jokes shared with us, not put there only for your own amusement.

Then again, I never know if what I'm writing is fully understood, so...
Don't let stop you from asking, please!
What was the question again, I'll answer you here.
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 25 May 2014, 20:06

Eh, it's not that important. The question was how much of your sketches + cH were injokes made public, but you interpreted it as how much of it was actual injokes that only you understand.

You actually answered both questions, my "frustration" was with leaving the question open to interpretation due to the combination of my limitations with english and the limitations of twitter. I didn't say I won't ask again, only not on twitter.

You'll hear from me.....

Yesssss........

(?)
UNHchabo
First Video: Back It Up

Re: LRRcast for 2014-05-16

Postby UNHchabo » 28 May 2014, 08:43

Kathleen -- a correction/clarification, since I'm also obsessed with Top Gear... :-D

The classic muscle car that Hammond bought was a Dodge Charger, and Jeremy chided him for buying "the wrong Dodge" -- that he should have bought a Challenger.

When they later came to the West Coast to make the trip from San Francisco to the Bonneville Salt Flats, Hammond did buy a new Challenger for the journey (cause at the last minute Chrysler decided not to provide one), but it looks like he probably sold it afterwards.

I'll tell you what car I lust after thanks to Top Gear though -- the 2005-2006 Pontiac GTO. It's a rebadged Holden Monaro, so it's an Australian 4-seater car with the V8 from a Corvette. It doesn't look that flashy -- to me it looks kinda like a 2-door Mazda 6, but it's got 400 horsepower stock, and there's plenty of room under the hood for a supercharger, so you can make it sound like it's having a "crisis".

I test drove that car 6 years ago, but couldn't afford it. Maybe someday... My dream is to buy one in good condition, put in a supercharger, and order a body kit to make it look like the Aussie car. I figure that's at most $50,000 -- one hell of an affordable dream car. :-D
Looking for an older video? Try this wiki page. (Current through the end of 2008)

Return to “LRRcast”