Storium?

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Storium?

Postby JackSlack » 06 Jun 2014, 15:08

Hey gang. Is anyone else exploring Storium? It's kind of a systemised forum RP setup and seems... actually really cool.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Re: Storium?

Postby Prospero101 » 07 Jun 2014, 06:09

*weird hybrid Mad Hatter/George Takei voice* Oh myyyyyyy...
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 08 Jun 2014, 03:14

So far, I'm really enjoying it. And, because I know my wife would be upset if I didn't offer...

So, anyone wanna do a LoadingReadyRunners game? I can invite in people if you want for my game. And ... god help me, I think I have an idea.

NOTE: My idea would prrrrooobably be better when it launches publicly in November but could work now with some player/narrator co-operation.
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 08 Jun 2014, 06:59

Colour me intrigued.

Maybe its just because I was too lazy to watch the video, but I didn't seem to be able to find much info on what the system actually did. There anywhere I can do a bit more reading up on it?
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 08 Jun 2014, 10:58

Put me down as a tentative volunteer. I'm currently shopping for a laptop, and once I get it I'll be able to plan better and get in on this.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 08 Jun 2014, 12:00

Call me interested, this sounds right up my street
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 08 Jun 2014, 12:40

Care to give us a little teaser of your idea, JackSlack?

JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 08 Jun 2014, 16:11

Alright. First of all, it'd probably be a four player game, no more, no less. There's a reason for that. See, the title would be...

The Warriors of Darkness Rise Again... Again.

Play as Ulric, Derek, Ragnar and Krull as they attempt to find a way to erase the newly formed truce between themselves and Steve and gain their revenge! Stomp over Victoria BC and its array of vague nuisances that can be solved imperfectly through over-the-top violence! Fail to gain revenge on Steve!

(C'mon, we all know that actual revenge on Steve is not in the cards, right?)

So I dunno. The idea is kind of there, and I like the idea of it for a game, but 1. I'd want LRR's permission to use the characters, and 2. I dunno how well it'd actually work. And 3. Four players only. Unless we cloned the game. Then eight players only.

You can see all the problems here.
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 11 Jun 2014, 05:26

I got in on the ground floor in Storium, and then course commitments dragged down my ability to write much, so I retired from most of my games. I think quite a lot of people got really excited, signed up to a bunch of games and were unable to write enough to keep up.

Still really excited by the potential, and I'm looking to get back into some games now that summer is here. I'd love to join any games other Runners want to narrate. Warriors of Darkness sounds amazing.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 12 Jun 2014, 07:12

My only concern is that we won't be able to stay true to the characters. Then it just becomes inept fanfiction. My friends, there is nothing sadder or more heart-wrenchingly awkward than inept fanfiction.

Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 13 Jun 2014, 00:56

I think it would be sort of hilarious to have two copies of the same game going side by side and seeing how vastly different they end up. Downside of course is twice as much work for the narrator, not to mention the problems listed above.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Jun 2014, 07:05

Well, theoretically the second game would have its own narrator.

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”