LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby AdmiralMemo » 14 Jun 2014, 02:57

Well, as long as you communicate that to me or a Mod, we can update the stuff. :)

Bad communication/no communication has been the cause for most of the issues lately, so preventing that should be key. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 14 Jun 2014, 03:52

Is there anything that I have to download for the snapshot stuff or will things just go fine when I log in?
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 14 Jun 2014, 03:56

AdmiralMemo wrote:Trixy: It's a 150x150 square maximum, so if you're in the middle, it's 75 squares on each side.

Oh crap. I've been away from the server for a while and didn't see this and my area and where I marked my borders is 150 squares away from center. I think I've also built and/or tunneled all the way out to the borders. Can I please get an exemption?

Trisha Lynn
...the Nerdcrafteria server is where I've been...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 14 Jun 2014, 04:05

Sky_rider19 wrote:Is there anything that I have to download for the snapshot stuff or will things just go fine when I log in?

To enable snapshots:
1. Launch the Minecraft Launcher, do not start the game.
2. In the lower left hand corner of the launcher, you will find the profile selector, select "New Profile"
3. In the Profile Name field, you can name it whatever you want, mine is just "Snapshots"
4. Tick the "Enable experimental developmental versions ('snapshots')" box.
5. Save the profile.

This new profile will automatically update to the newest snapshot whenever you play with it. To go back to normal Minecraft, simply switch back to your original Profile in the same drop-down menu in the lower left hand corner.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 14 Jun 2014, 05:27

AdmiralMemo wrote:OK, so I've gotten AdmiralMatt and Likal on the IRC, and I've made some adjustments to the server via the snapshots. I'm going to take SAJewers' advice and update and turn the server back on when the next snapshot comes out.

By then, I'll probably have figured out some of the finer things regarding the server configuration and administration, hopefully.

Also, I'm going to talk to MrPhlip, d3fr0st5, or qrpth to see if I can get one of them to whip up an IRC bot for me. If that works, I'll just have to make sure there's a Mod logged into IRC at all times.

Yeah, I figured that since you said you were gonna cut off some of the map edges, you could include some of the unused ocean in the cutting. for this stuff.

Also, what will this mean for the "no going into unexplored areas" rule? IIRC the plan was to remove that rule with 1.8. will that still be in force with the snapshots?
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 14 Jun 2014, 10:45

AdmiralMemo wrote:1. I'd have to end up registering another Minecraft user, so someone would need to fork over the money for that, or allow their donation to go towards that and sacrifice a little bit of server duration.

2. I don't even know if it's possible.

3. I would not insult the players like that, I already have a rule against profanity. (I don't use profanity myself.)

4. I would not give admin powers freely like that. If people want it sunny, I have the WCV already for that.

Also, if the Admin/Mods want it sunny, they can just type "/weather clear" and it takes many fewer keystrokes. In-game, I already have the common commands in Command Blocks hooked up to buttons/levers in the Admin Base. I see no reason currently to have this Bot for things that can more easily be done another way.

5. I was talking about a bot in the IRC server that monitors the server.log file for certain things. I would mainly have it check for new people joining, people in jail, and a keyphrase in chat, such as !mods perhaps.

Sorry about the confusion, the "bot with attitude" thing was more of a general musing, not really intended for your server. The weather thing was also just an example, and not something I intended or expected you to implement in any way.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
DewKnight
First Video: Stalking

Postby DewKnight » 14 Jun 2014, 17:04

I think this IRC thing is really going to help. I always have IRC open for other obligations, and it would be easy to add another server on there. Even though I'm not around much, I would be happy to hop in and help somebody if nobody else is around on IRC. I also tend to keep weird hours so that might help.
Admiralmatt
First Video: The Job

Postby Admiralmatt » 16 Jun 2014, 09:36

just to be sure, is the plan to keep the server offline until the next snapshot? if so, was there a time frame for the next snapshot that i missed? or is it just when they release it.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 16 Jun 2014, 10:18

Yes, just when they release it. However, I've changed my mind about the snapshots. The server will go back up either when I get the IRC bot worked out with Phlip (It's like 90% there, and just need to fix a couple of bugs) and I get a Mod schedule worked out so someone's on all the time. Either that, or when 1.8 comes out officially. Whichever comes first.

Volafortis

Postby Volafortis » 17 Jun 2014, 04:23

@jeb_ on twitter wrote:There will be a 1.8 snapshot tomorrow. Lots of in-development stuff, but it includes the new mob (with sounds!)
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Jun 2014, 06:29

Alright, with the LRRcraftBot up and running and working (Thanks, Phlip!), I've set up a shift schedule on the Mod Communication Sheet. With 7 of us and 168 hours to cover, we're going to have to take 24 non-overlapping hours each, essentially. I've already taken 11 hours that I can do, and when I see what hours other people are taking, I'll add more to my list.

Once we get this sorted, I'll turn the server back on.

Also, everyone, feel free to use the LRRcraft IRC server if you wish. :)

Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 17 Jun 2014, 07:15

My schedule right now is in a pretty major state of Flux what with Summer School and my new part-time job. I'll see what I can do, but I definitely can't commit to much at the moment.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Jun 2014, 09:09

Fair enough. The more of that chart we can get filled, the better, though.

I think we need more than 6 Mods anyway. Let me see what I can do.

Edit: You know what? Screw it. I've changed my mind. I don't care that we don't have enough people yet, anymore, nor that we don't have 1.8 yet. I'm turning it back on after the Render is done, still on 1.7.9, not the snapshots. (Can't turn it on during the render as the program has taken up 100% of the memory. Otherwise, it would be on right now.) Looks like it'll take 6 hours for the Render to complete.

Volafortis

Postby Volafortis » 17 Jun 2014, 14:30

My work schedule is likely to vhange sometime tihis week, along with a wedding this weekend, so I don't want to commit to any specific hours at the moment, but once I get my own schedule figured out, I'll put some times down.

I should be able to lurk in IRC whenever I'm at my computer, though.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Jun 2014, 17:36

Ack... I think I just screwed over both myself and someone else. I think I accidentally deleted a region that had stuff in it, including a rail line and someone's base.

If someone know's who's at about 2900, -540 (I couldn't find them on the list), can you let them know I apologize? I believe I can correct this, but not until the render is complete, and even if I do correct it, there will still be a hole in the map until I re-render again.

Also, when the server comes back online, I recommend checking the updated map before logging in. If something's missing, it's 10 times easier to fix it if you don't enter the affected the chunks.

Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 17 Jun 2014, 17:53

AdmiralMemo wrote:Ack... I think I just screwed over both myself and someone else. I think I accidentally deleted a region that had stuff in it, including a rail line and someone's base.

If someone know's who's at about 2900, -540 (I couldn't find them on the list), can you let them know I apologize? I believe I can correct this, but not until the render is complete, and even if I do correct it, there will still be a hole in the map until I re-render again.

Also, when the server comes back online, I recommend checking the updated map before logging in. If something's missing, it's 10 times easier to fix it if you don't enter the affected the chunks.

You took a chunk out of The Bionic Trousers.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 17 Jun 2014, 18:04

Looking at the render, and I noticed a Bed at 182, 243 right beside the Spawn City Docks. Is that suspposed to be there?
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 17 Jun 2014, 19:07

Lurkon wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:Ack... I think I just screwed over both myself and someone else. I think I accidentally deleted a region that had stuff in it, including a rail line and someone's base.

You took a chunk out of The Bionic Trousers.

Noooo! Not the pants! :(
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Jun 2014, 20:10

Nooooo.... I CAN fix it... I WILL fix it...

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Jun 2014, 21:11

He can rebuild them, he has the blocks, he will build them taller, faster, and more blast resistant.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Jun 2014, 21:21

And seeing how they're Bionic, that could actually work. :D

IRL, I just restored the region I accidentally deleted (Stupid negatives!), and am rerunning the render.

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 18 Jun 2014, 05:37

it looks like everything negative beyond x -1550 can go, also everything south of Z 2550

or was it just a bad render. there seem to be a lot of strange edges in the new map
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 18 Jun 2014, 06:11

Yeah, as far as I know there's no-one further west than me, and my stuff ends at X -1535.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Jun 2014, 06:12

Yeah. Was probably a render in the wrong mode.

Edit: Server should be back up?

Edit 2: Unexpected issue, but shouldn't be too significant: all world edits were saved, but for an unknown reason, your location and inventory has been rolled back to a couple of weeks ago? If this causes problems, I'll repair them, if I can.

Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 18 Jun 2014, 11:21

I just took a look at the Mod communications sheet. I just noticed I never requested to be added to the editors list, meaning I cant edit it to put some times in (Most weekdays 7 to 10 PM CET, so that should be 6 to 9 PM UTC. If possible I would like to have the Tuesdays and Thursdays for myself) There is a massive caveat though that I will probably start working shifts starting september or October, meaning my times would changed each week. I also run on-call shifts now, so I MIGHT not be available each evening.

Point 2, I have authorized 2 people some time ago that I have not put in the communications sheet (I must admit I forgot all about it) and I cant for the life of me find the notepad file I had put their names in. (I did make sure they thoroughly understood the rules ofcourse and pointed them to this thread and the lrrcraft site, warning them to request a build site before building anything)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.

Return to “Video Games”